Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I wouldn't care if I were banned - that site is a cesspool. I'm just curious about the response I'd get initially.
Give it a try and report back on how many responses each age gets. Nothing to lose. Why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If you think ONE year or ONE inch are deal-breakers, good luck to you!
OK, clearly you haven't been reading carefully. I never said an inch of height or a year in age would be a dealbreaker. What I said is that LYING about age or height would be a dealbreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You get kicked out from the site...? Really, if they see it, they probably WILL remove both profiles and even perhaps ban you.
Even on a site like match, if they see that you're intro shows that your age isn't what you said it was, they might ban you for that. But I guess it depends on whether they have some robot scan your profile or an actual person proofreading it.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,424 times
Quote:
A possible experiment: two profiles on plenty of fish - since it's free - one with my real age, one with a younger age. The "about me" part would be the same, simply rephrased. Similar pictures but not identical.

I could probably even put a disclaimer in there stating exactly what I'm doing. (I bet most guys wouldn't even read the profile that closely).

What would be the result of this experiment?
Try it and see.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:14 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
I wouldn't care if I were banned - that site is a cesspool. I'm just curious about the response I'd get initially.
Sorry, I left an old profile there and cleaned it up. Please check again.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:33 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:

So? What is the general consensus?
Lying is bad

Old 03-30-2010, 03:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
I lied about my age on my dating profile by 2 years because I was concerned about being left out of match searches (although I'm still in my 20s), and also because I tend to like younger guys. I am currently displaying my correct age because I can understand why some people might have a problem with the dishonesty, but I think if you're really interested in someone, things like that shouldn't matter. I would not care if a guy added a few inches to his height, so he should not care if I shave a few years off my age.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:11 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
I didn't read all of the posts because there were so many but I just joined my second online dating service and I can't understand how being deceitful is ever going to pay off. I'm truthful about everything and I don't think my age is something that I need to hide as though I should be ashamed of it. If I came into contact with a woman who had lied about her age I would want nothing more to do with her because I wouldn't feel I could ever really trust her. If anyone wants to be successful at meeting someone online with the ultimate goal of a long term relationship then being caught in a lie is not a good start. The only reason to do such a thing would be to try to set up a younger person for a date and hopefully get some sexual action and that would be the end of it. That goal just doesn't seem fulfilling to me and I'm not the type of person who would lie just to have sex. That says to me that you don't think that much of yourself or the person you're dating.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:52 PM

392 posts, read 50,751 times
What`s the point in giving a false age, if it`s a real relationship you`re going for then what`s the point in lying, there are thousands of good looking healthy fun loving guys out there of your own age who are just waiting for a chance to meet you and form a relationship with someone who they feel they can trust and share their life with, there are loads of guys in their forties who are a lot more virile a lot better looking and a lot wealthier than guys half their age and not every 40 odd year old wants a young filly just to bed, so go for it with all the seductive charms in your arsenal and who knows you may be sailing the Medi. in your shared yacht come the summertime, best wishes.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:56 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Lying is bad
Thank you for the news flash.

Coming up after the break, studies show that water is wet and fire is hot. Stay tuned!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Now seriously people. From the stats I have read today, tons of women lie about age and weight, and men lie about height and income.

Yet EVERYBODY on C-D is honest in dating profiles? Come on liars, tell the truth, share your stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships