Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,618,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
Thanks. I feel better already.

Look, i am just saying that certain things are inborn, that's all. Certain desires are inborn. Just think about it. A human organism is a perfect structure. Just look how adapted it is to the world. Every organ you have is there to help you survive. Without the inborn desire for sex and reproduction the human race would die out. Ask around your friends. I am sure that every mother will say that her kid is the dearest thing in the world for her. Surely, as kids grow, the bond fades, but it still remains.

You know how some people suppress their desire for sex (or they at least say that they don't need sex)? Some do it because they can't have the sex they want, some do it because of some psycological traumas, some because it's too much trouble (becoming a worthy man, hitting on women, etc). Same thing here. People may come up with the excuses, they may suppress their desire for kids.
But it's still there.

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no desire to have kids on my part whatsoever and never has been. In fact the idea is so repellent that I actually feel sick at the idea of getting pregnant by accident. I would have had a hysterectomy in my late teens if my Doctor had allowed it.

Simply because many women feel maternal and fulfill certain gender roles does not mean ALL women do. Amazing but some of us are even our own person. And women can do pretty much anything a man can do. Most women are maybe not physically as stonrg which might proclude certain jobs invloving lifting but apart from that women can make excellent soldiers, oil drillers, ice truckers etc...

Before I became ill, I was stronger than many men, a lot fitter and a lot more resilient too. I trekked through the Jungles, travelled the world on my own, hunted and fished and used to pilot a small twin engine plane. And excelled in my Academic studies. And still wore feminine clothes, perfume and managed to retain my feminine side. A woman is not one thing. A woman is whatever a woman wants to be, and feels SHE is.

Your assessment is simplistic and quite frankly archaic in its analysis. I don't want kids, don't want to be a mother and am no longer a daughter either as I am estranged from my Father.

Women have been assigned certain gender roles mostly because of Patriarchal societies since the dawn of time. Women are not naturally as aggressive and violent as men and as such have been denied access to the same rights and same career choices until very recently. Education was denied to them because men knew that women were a threat to their "supremacy".

That is what the Taleban is so afraid of. Strong women who can be whatever they want to be and might chose not to remain shackled to their domestic roles, there simply to service their men and pander to their every wish.

We are NOT a bunch of old prejudices and assumptions. We are individuals, all of us with an indiviudal mind and an individual sense of self. I applaud women who want to be mothers and daughters but sorry to burst your bubble many women are not happy and fulfilled doing this. Some of us want and NEED more.

Grow up and look around you. We women have been allowed to blossom and realise our full potential and thank goodness most men do not feel like you any more. Otherwise we would still be pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen. No thank you. We can do better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,675,664 times
Wow, if I am supposed to be fit those roles, I am screwed.

I feel like I came into this world to do more things other than breed. I came here to make a difference. I want a career. I have ambition for that. I might have a family someday but my financial independence is my biggest concern. I plan to still have a job even if I have a kid. I don't think I should give that up just because I am a woman.

I think women are so stuck on the idea that they have to have children and if they don't, they're not fulfilled as women. It's pretty sad.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,261,605 times
Quote:
How sweet of you
Hey, I have to take the paternalism out of this thread somehow.

Your opinion is that all women have an inborn desire to have kids.

Your opinion is incorrect. Not all women have an inborn desire to have kids. You speak in absolutes when you use the word "all." However, just one woman saying that she does not have an inborn desire to have kids means that not "all" women have that desire. So far, several have said they don't want kids.

So, either you believe us or you don't. As you don't know us personally and are not inside our heads and bodies, I think it behooves you to take us at our word. To imply that we do not know what we want and how we feel is rude.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 AM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
I know it’s kinda stupid for a guy to argue with women about what they want. They know themselves better. But my point of view – is the one from the side. My judgment is not clouded by feelings/emotions. So if I am wrong, please let me know how and why.
If all women desired to be mothers we would'nt have so many women who choose not to have children, birth control, adoption and abortion.
Daughter is just a term for female offspring. Not something we choose or aspire to be.

Apparently these women cared not for the role of mother:
  • Patricia Blackmon was 29 years old when she killed her 2-year-old adopted daughter in Dothan, AL in May 1999.
    Kenisha Berry at age 20, covered her 4-day-old son with duct tape resulting in his death.
    Debra Jean Milke was 25 when she killed her 4-year-old son in Arizona in 1989.
    Dora Luz Durenrostro killed her two daughters, age 4 and 9, and her son, age 8, when she was 34 years old in San Jacinto, California in 1994.
    Caro Socorro was 42 years old when she killed her three sons, ages 5, 8 and 11, in Santa Rosa Valley, California in 1999.
    Susan Eubanks murdered her four sons, ages 4, 6, 7 and 14, in San Marcos, California, in 1996 when she was 33.
    Caroline Young was 49 in Haywood, California when she killed her 4-year-old granddaughter and 6-year-old grandson.
    Robin Lee Row was 35 years old when she killed her husband, her 10-year-old son and her 8-year-old daughter in Boise, Idaho in 1992.
    Michelle Sue Tharp was 29 years old in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania when she killed her 7-year-old daughter.
    Frances Elaine Newton was 21 when she murdered her husband, 7-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter in Houston, Texas. Update: Frances Elaine Newton was executed on September 14, 2005.
    Darlie Lynn Routier was 26 in Rowlett, Texas when she was convicted of killing her 5-year-old son.
    Teresa Michelle Lewis killer her 51-year-old husband and 26-year-old step son in Keeling, Virgina when she was 33 years old.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but why hold to an opinion that goes against facts and common sense.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,386 times
A woman more than 10 feet from the kitchen or bedroom is on the run!
(And yes, I'm kidding of course)

Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,104 times
Quote:
Yeah, girl, rock on!
Call me when you're 50. We'll have an awesome party, i'll be rocking my mohawk, and you'll be dancing drunk in a miniskirt. They'll call us: The Freak Show.
Yeah I'm a freak alright. No maternal instincts at all.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
A woman more than 10 feet from the kitchen or bedroom is on the run!
(And yes, I'm kidding of course)
I always try to be as far away from the kitchen as is humanly possible... The bedroom, now that's a different matter but then again there are incentives in that area ...

As Kickassarmychick says many of us women are in serious trouble if we are "supposed" to fit the sterotypes assigned to us by some men.

Nice to meet a Nice Guy ! There have been threads about how Nice Guys always come last and I don't get that. Nothing as sexy as a nice guy. I am lucky enough to have one to myself and I would never swap him for a "bad boy". Not in a million years.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yeah I'm a freak alright. No maternal instincts at all.
Welcome to the Club ! I have about as much maternal instinct as a piece of string... "Freaks Unite " ....

Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
O.k.

Here is my question.

How many women came on this thread with a, "Oh no he di-idn't try to put rules on me as a woman" attitude.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
O.k.

Here is my question.

How many women came on this thread with a, "Oh no he di-idn't try to put rules on me as a woman" attitude.
It was just a point that we don't all fit in that same category the OP is referring to. I don't fit into the ''All/most women go after abusers and cheaters (terrible men)... nope if you treat me like garbage I'm leaving'' nor ''All women like kids and can't wait to have one'' or any more stereotypes. In addition I definitely will not go crazy over a criminal, there's nothing cute about being with a convict. In fact, in movies they are shown as a creeper who is all silent with an empty expression... why go for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships