Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:24 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times

Advertisements

Yep , if EVERY WOMAN had such great maternal & ´mothering instincts then we WOULDN'T SO MANY sons asking such silly- & other chauvinistic - views, would we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Nice to meet a Nice Guy ! There have been threads about how Nice Guys always come last and I don't get that. Nothing as sexy as a nice guy. I am lucky enough to have one to myself and I would never swap him for a "bad boy". Not in a million years.
Yeah I don't get that either. What's wrong with being with my boyfriend who doesn't cheat nor abuses me, etc?
Would I change him for one of those stupid ''rebel boys'' playing games as if he was in high school? Nope, I would stay with what I have than be someone's toy.
If someone adores being treated like absolute garbage then they lack self-esteem (as well as self-respect) to begin with or there's really something messed up in their brain.

Lastly if any man is desperate to be an unstable woman's savior, there's something wrong with him too. They're both train wrecks waiting to happen again.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:30 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
Well Vanillagorilla....it looks like we won this battle

Quote:
the idea is so repellent that I actually feel sick at the idea of getting pregnant by accident.
Me too. I'm on the pill, but still use a condom... but pull out too in case it breaks!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I think women are so stuck on the idea that they have to have children and if they don't, they're not fulfilled as women. It's pretty sad.
Oh, absolutely. I have known so many women who think kids are the be all and end all. They got married early, had kids and by 30 are shrugging their shoulders and saying "so... what now?"

Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post

Me too. I'm on the pill, but still use a condom... but pull out too in case it breaks!!! lol

Oh, absolutely. I have known so many women who think kids are the be all and end all. They got married early, had kids and by 30 are shrugging their shoulders and saying "so... what now?"

Well, be fair, SOME women (like me) feel like having kids and raising them to be emotionally well-adjusted happy adults is the single most important thing we have ever done with our lives

I am not "shrugging my shoulders" now that my job is done - I'm smiling proudly and patting myself and my husband on the back for what marvelous people we've contributed to the world. Believe me, doing so is no small feat. Now that they are launched out into the world I'm having a ball with all the things I'm doing.

Maternal instinct is not something every woman gets, or wants, like I told our OP last night. But just because you didn't get it is no reason to degrade the women who do. Kids weren't right FOR YOU, but mine are the best parts of my life

Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Maternal instinct is not something every woman gets, or wants, like I told our OP last night. But just because you didn't get it is no reason to degrade the women who do. Kids weren't right FOR YOU, but mine are the best parts of my life
I am not degrading women who do, sorry if it came across that way. Each to their own!

I just wish others would learn to accept that not all women want to be wives and mothers. Seriously if I had a dollar for every time a friend looked at me like I had a foot growing out of my forehead whenever I say I am not sure I want to be a mom, I'd be a rich woman today!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:53 PM

550 posts, read 1,214,512 times
Quote:
I always try to be as far away from the kitchen as is humanly possible... The bedroom, now that's a different matter but then again there are incentives in that area ...

As Kickassarmychick says many of us women are in serious trouble if we are "supposed" to fit the sterotypes assigned to us by some men.

Nice to meet a Nice Guy ! There have been threads about how Nice Guys always come last and I don't get that. Nothing as sexy as a nice guy. I am lucky enough to have one to myself and I would never swap him for a "bad boy". Not in a million years.
Where the hell do I find women like you?
Btw like alan harper (2 and half men) always says; Nice guys don't finish last; they finish in the shower...

Old 03-31-2010, 05:54 PM

355 posts, read 615,473 times
Quote:
That is what the Taleban is so afraid of. Strong women who can be whatever they want to be and might chose not to remain shackled to their domestic roles, there simply to service their men and pander to their every wish.

It’s TalIban. That’s what the TalIban is so afraid of.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, if I am supposed to be fit those roles, I am screwed.
Quote:

I feel like I came into this world to do more things other than breed. I came here to make a difference. I want a career. I have ambition for that. I might have a family someday but my financial independence is my biggest concern. I plan to still have a job even if I have a kid. I don't think I should give that up just because I am a woman.

I think women are so stuck on the idea that they have to have children and if they don't, they're not fulfilled as women. It's pretty sad.
That is really GREAT to hear! But could you please tell me why wouldn’t you keep your job? When I am talking of natural desires, I am not talking of social roles. A woman can be whatever she wants to be.
So please, kick ass, Army Chick! You really are an exception, I guess. While every woman wants to be a mother,
you seem to want to be a dude.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Your opinion is incorrect.

Oh boy.
I….I don’t even know what to say.
I guess I’ll go look around to gather me some correct(?) opinions?

Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If all women desired to be mothers we would'nt have so many women who choose not to have children, birth control, adoption and abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Daughter is just a term for female offspring. Not something we choose or aspire to be.
Apparently these women cared not for the role of mother:
Kenisha Berry at age 20, covered her 4-day-old son with duct tape resulting in his death.
….
Teresa Michelle Lewis killer her 51-year-old husband and 26-year-old step son in Keeling, Virgina when she was 33 years old.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but why hold to an opinion that goes against facts and common sense.
Thank you, 2mares. Thank you very much for this comment, I really feel we made some progress. You actually managed not to take the words “daughter” and “mother” only literally. You interpreted. You saw that “daughter” means more than being blood related to those people in your birth certificate. Two thumbs up! I hope we’ll develop further on this.
As for those terrible tragedies you used as examples:
Those women look desperate, terribly unhappy, mad and in need of some serious therapy. That may happen, when you suppress your desire to accept your natural roles. Or if you’re just plain crazy.
In any case - be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships