Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post

Oh bet it is! I am sure it's scary and hard. A lot of truly worthy things are scary.
Say I guy and girl are walking down the alley. It's late night. Suddenly an aggressor appears and attacks the couple. It will be a guy's natural role to defend, right? Will the guy be scared to get his ass kicked? Oh yes he will! Will he do it anyways? If he is really a guy, he will.
Well, this isn't much of an analogy. It's not like women spontaneously go into birth. A more apt analogy would be the man making the decision to rob someone and putting himself in a violent situation. I could think of better choices. Some men and women, when it comes to children (not that they should be compared to violent attackers), have different preferences.

Quote:
Well you can raise a tyrant! Or a brutal headbanger!
Why limit yourself to kind and compassionate ones?
Be creative!
In this matter kids are better than paintings
Compassion is one of the things I like about life. Brutality? Not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 07:27 PM

355 posts, read 615,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, this isn't much of an analogy. It's not like women spontaneously go into birth. A more apt analogy would be the man making the decision to rob someone and putting himself in a violent situation. I could think of better choices. Some men and women, when it comes to children (not that they should be compared to violent attackers), have different preferences.
What does it have to do with spontaneousness?
I compared the natural scary women's role of a mother with a natural scary man's role of a defender.
Both genders have enough scary and hard things they gotta do. But we all do it anyways.
And you say that you should reconsider having kids, because it's "scary"?
You know a lighting might hit you too. Seriously! That's some scary stuff! So don't step out of the house ever again.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
What does it have to do with spontaneousness?
I compared the natural scary women's role of a mother with a natural scary man's role of a defender.
One is a matter of choice, the other is not. Pretty simple.

Quote:
Both genders have enough scary and hard things they gotta do. But we all do it anyways.
And you say that you should reconsider having kids, because it's "scary"?
You know a lighting might hit you too. Seriously! That's some scary stuff! So don't step out of the house ever again.
I avoid all kinds of things that scare me. Stepping out of the house isn't one of them. Stepping in front of a moving car, otoh, is so I avoid it. Now keeping slapping your head. You might knock some sense into it.

eta: to be clear on my own position on having children, it's something I'm willing to do. But, I can certainly understand why others wouldn't be up for it. Frankly, it's odd than anyone would promote having children willy nilly.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:05 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times
I give up. I have no idea what this thread is about.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
I had this argument with two beautiful women about what women actually want in their lives. I say that it’s natural that the prime desire of any woman is to feel like and be treated like a woman. It’s the same thing that men want to feel like and be treated like men. However, the only ACTUAL and SIGNIFICANT two roles that ONLY women are fit to play are a daughter and a mother. In everything else a man can replace a woman. Say, a nurse is usually a woman, but not always. A stewardess is usually a woman, but not always. A daughter is ALWAYS a woman. A mother is ALWAYS a woman. So every woman wants to be one or the other. It's been like that for centuries.
The ladies said that, well, I am wrong and it’s not 1940 anymore.

I know it’s kinda stupid for a guy to argue with women about what they want. They know themselves better. But my point of view – is the one from the side. My judgment is not clouded by feelings/emotions. So if I am wrong, please let me know how and why.
A woman can do anything a guy can. That is if they want to or not is the question. Take my job for example. Rugged, do I have to crawl down in that dirty, dark, cobweb and critter infested hole? You go first baby, I'll follow! I told you it was a SOB!!LMAO.........

Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
I'm not even totally sure what you're asking. No those aren't the only roles only a women can have...being a lover as a woman is a totally separate role...is there something I'm misunderstanding or missing here?

Why did you specifically add that the women you talked to about this were beautiful? To get a thumbs-up from some people? How is beauty relevant to the topic?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I am also saying that this is what women want to be in the first place. If a woman denies that - she's lying to herself. As long as a woman denies that - she will not find true satisfaction in life.
oooh I see, your ideas are idiotic. Never mind my previous post.

edit: fixed!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM

355 posts, read 615,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I'm not even totally sure what you're asking. No those aren't the only roles only a women can have...being a lover as a woman is a totally separate role...is there something I'm misunderstanding or missing here?

Why did you specifically add that the women you talked to about this were beautiful? To get a thumbs-up from some people? How is beauty relevant to the topic?
Because women are beautiful And it's always worth mentioning.
If i wanted thumbs-up from people, do you really think i would start THIS thread? C'mon. I don't even know if i should come to the US anymore. For the fear of being, you know, killed.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 PM

if all women were beautiful, you wouldn't have specified. I'd love to comment on the other stuff about coming to America and stuff but again I don't understand how that relates to the thread. so.. ?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
I had this argument with two beautiful women about what women actually want in their lives. I say that it’s natural that the prime desire of any woman is to feel like and be treated like a woman. It’s the same thing that men want to feel like and be treated like men. However, the only ACTUAL and SIGNIFICANT two roles that ONLY women are fit to play are a daughter and a mother. In everything else a man can replace a woman. Say, a nurse is usually a woman, but not always. A stewardess is usually a woman, but not always. A daughter is ALWAYS a woman. A mother is ALWAYS a woman. So every woman wants to be one or the other. It's been like that for centuries.
The ladies said that, well, I am wrong and it’s not 1940 anymore.

I know it’s kinda stupid for a guy to argue with women about what they want. They know themselves better. But my point of view – is the one from the side. My judgment is not clouded by feelings/emotions. So if I am wrong, please let me know how and why.
By your logic then, if a woman is not a mother, what is she then?

Although I see merit in both occupations. I would say that whereas a female has no choice but to be a daughter, she has every choice in the world whether to be a mother or not.

Personally, I would prefer to have "mother" replaced with "wife" since a man cannot be a wife, at least not in most states.

20yrsinBranson
once a daughter - never a mother - always a wife
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships