Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I am always myself, hence why I am still single. I can only be myself and no one else. ^^^^^^ That last bold part about being a jerk and bitter because many woman have taken advantage of me is defiantly not true in my case. I just seem to be a sucker and most of the women I have dated take advantage of that. I refuse to give up hope though!
The BS and yarns that I've heard men spin in an attempt to bed a woman is enough to make a decent man give up. As long as women are immediately attracted to the good looking liars, I suppose they will continue to give them what they want to hear.

The old saying "If its too good to be true, it probably is" applies more to meeting men than any other thing.

Unfortunately we never hear about the real problem. Men who don't spread the BS who are instantly judged to have something to hide.

I guess that it is a woman's nature to assume that if he promises a lot, there must be something behind it but if he promises little, he's the same only worth a lot less than the first guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 11:23 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The BS and yarns that I've heard men spin in an attempt to bed a woman is enough to make a decent man give up. As long as women are immediately attracted to the good looking liars, I suppose they will continue to give them what they want to hear.

The old saying "If its too good to be true, it probably is" applies more to meeting men than any other thing.

Unfortunately we never hear about the real problem. Men who don't spread the BS who are instantly judged to have something to hide.

I guess that it is a woman's nature to assume that if he promises a lot, there must be something behind it but if he promises little, he's the same only worth a lot less than the first guy.
Rugged's pick-up lines......Do you want to go fishing?.......Do you want to come to the range with us?...........Do you want to go for a ride in a piece of Detroit history?......Would you like to watch us jam sometime?...... How about having a garage party/cook out while we work on our cars? As you can see they seem to lust for me!!!LMAO.......... I am who I am, take it or leave it. I do know how to be romantic for the right one though.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 AM

191 posts, read 349,746 times
Quote:
How about having a garage party/cook out while we work on our cars?
This is right up Ruiner's alley, I'm SO there dude!

Last edited by RUINER_SR4; 04-02-2010 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUINER_SR4 View Post
This is right up Ruiner's alley, I'm SO there dude!
I will let you lite the grill. Some of the other misfits like to play with fire!!!LOL...........

Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

I agree with you. I think it is hard to be sincere when it is so common place to try and make yourself out to be something you're not. And I highlighted part of what you wrote, because through experience I know it to be true. But, I think that in the end, most people do want what's real. People fantasize, and they escape in their little imaginary worlds, but in life its what's tangible that matters. A lie is all fluff. It sounds nice, and sometimes we want to believe it - but it doesn't do anything for us.

Just keep being who you are, and trying to work on yourself. I do believe in karma, and I think in the end you get what you put out into the world.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Its just dating shape with protein powder. We have been doing it for years. Just look at the clothing receipt of a single that on a map looks like a connect the dots on Park Avenue, but Walmart frump is in the future. The first anniversary of marriage should be called the festival of atrophy. Gobble it up now because this ice cream melts fast.

Some people figure why not deceive now? The relationships are shorter anyway.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 04-02-2010 at 01:33 PM..

Old 04-02-2010, 01:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
"oh huck, we dont need a web cam-- we will go shopping for one when you fly to nashville to meet me".
one week later, parking lot- white castle hamburgers- in nashville, there she stands, quasimoto.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
I don't make up stuff and in fact I tell them the truth and they don't believe me!LOL...... I don't make a ton of money! Translation..... I bet he is lying and I am going to find out! You know, he isn't really loaded!! Duh!! LOL.......... He says he likes to shoot, fish and work on cars. I bet he is a computer nerd/geek trying to look tough!..... Then, he wasn't lying and I'm scared of that stuff. I don't get dates and don't care really. I am not out to impress any women. The only thing that matters is that my family and friends know who I am. They accept me for who I am and will always be there no matter what. Stuff like this is why I never internet dated before and probably won't ever again. I like the old fashioned face to face approach much better. At least then you have a better chance of seeing what you are getting.
Are you sure you're not lieing? LOL! j/k

Old 04-02-2010, 01:58 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times
No gonna lie...a LOT of guys do this. Why women swoon over guys like this is beyond me. I suppose guys figure that if every other guy is doing it, so why shouldn't I? The sad part is that the guys who are up front and honest about who they are appear "boring", thus dont stnd a chance at all.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Ugh, there is just something about lying that completely turns me off someone. The truth may be ugly but I'd rather deal with someone who doesn't feel the desperate need to pretend to be perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships