Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times

Advertisements

problem relationships. It seems that alot of times people have issues- it really is about control- husband and wife- (one who usually starts the argument) or then you have the passive-aggressive husband who tries to get you to start an argument-

I noticed if I dont react the way he thinks I will- he gets frustrated

I guess reverse psycholgy works at times-

what does everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 07:23 PM

hey no one has any comments?? we have this new forum- it is better than Dr Phil (smile)

Old 05-07-2007, 07:30 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
I think my husband enjoys antagonizing me. He likes to look for hidden meanings in EVERYTHING I say, and make even innocent conversation fertile ground for an argument. His mother is exactly the same way. Did I mention we are staying with his folks while we are house hunting????

Old 05-07-2007, 07:52 PM

989 posts, read 3,525,950 times
I think Im lucky to have a wife who does not like to fight. I would not care to live with someone who I argued with. Life is too short.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
problem relationships. It seems that alot of times people have issues- it really is about control- husband and wife- (one who usually starts the argument) or then you have the passive-aggressive husband who tries to get you to start an argument-

I noticed if I dont react the way he thinks I will- he gets frustrated

I guess reverse psycholgy works at times-

what does everyone else think?

This is why I am single. My home has to be a place of sanctuary...anyone who wants to fight, cause general unrest is not welcome...I'm not saying everyone should leave their partners, I am only saying this is a condition that I personally can't, won't deal with.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:13 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
I think Im lucky to have a wife who does not like to fight. I would not care to live with someone who I argued with. Life is too short.
To provide a contrast, my ex and I never had a single fight, and I don't think that was a good thing at all. It's not that we never disagreed- we did, often. It's that our relationship wasn't healthy enough to withstand a frank and honest exchange of views.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:50 PM

Default well-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
This is why I am single. My home has to be a place of sanctuary...anyone who wants to fight, cause general unrest is not welcome...I'm not saying everyone should leave their partners, I am only saying this is a condition that I personally can't, won't deal with.

Lisa i lived in a sanctuary once too- unfortunately a relationship involves other people and other emotions. IMHO that is why marriage sometimes doesnt work- selfishness.

My brother told me- you have to trust someone sometime- I did- and it went sour- we didnt argue either- it was more the blame game.

s.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
My hubby and I don't fight, but we also don't play the blame game or the tit-for-tat game either. As for control issues ... I control the checkbook. Heaven help us if he did

Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Lisa i lived in a sanctuary once too- unfortunately a relationship involves other people and other emotions. IMHO that is why marriage sometimes doesnt work- selfishness.

My brother told me- you have to trust someone sometime- I did- and it went sour- we didnt argue either- it was more the blame game.

s.
That is precisely why I'm not in one right now...I need some peace...AND I am doing would be partners a favor, it would be HELL to live with me because of what I am saying.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 PM

That is considerate of you then. My STBX should do the world a favor and never marry ever again.

s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships