Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Jealousy! Envy.
Go anywhere in public and have a look at the vast amount of blimps. Skinny and normal sized women are a minority.
That depends on where you live. Here in Los Angeles (especially in my neck of the woods that includes Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, Calabasas, Woodland Hills) the vast majority ARE in decent shape. Probably wont be the case if you go to Little Rock, Atlanta or Tupelo.

OP, seriously, you REALLY think normal-sized women get a bad rap in the dating world? I mean really? That is just plain silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 06:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
If you're a minority, an oddity, is it any surprise you're discriminated against?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:41 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm pretty skinny, but muscular. Of course, I didn't get that way by going to a gym. I simply work for a living, and probably don't eat the way I should, so I don't put on weight unless someone else is doing the cooking at home for me.
I'm fairly slender, but have got broad shoulders and a nice stomach. My forearms could be bigger, but they aren't - they're just decent enough. I didn't get this way by going to the gym. I very rarely go to the gym, but I just got a good metabolism and plus I just generally do a lot of physical activities [football, rugby etc]. My eating habits are absolutely awful. I don't particularly watch out for what I eat.

The few times I became fat was due to being away on holiday to warmer countries for a prolonged period of time. And whilst being there all I was doing was eat, go to the beach, chill out, eat some more etc. and that was my daily routine whilst being in Lebanon, Turkey and other hot countries. By the time I arrived back to England I have turned into a right fat bastard, lol. I ended up losing the weight rather quickly though, and was back to normal very soon.

I realise this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, lol.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
it's because it's un-PC to say fat women are unattractive.
Yes, it not easy to tell what's what. Folds, blobs, lumps, or maybe something interesting.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That depends on where you live. Here in Los Angeles (especially in my neck of the woods that includes Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, Calabasas, Woodland Hills) the vast majority ARE in decent shape. Probably wont be the case if you go to Little Rock, Atlanta or Tupelo.

OP, seriously, you REALLY think normal-sized women get a bad rap in the dating world? I mean really? That is just plain silly.
Location is important. Walking on a busy street in a French town are many women that will turn my head. There are not as many fat women. Must be lifestyle.
In some places in America the woman's waist size may be more than her height.
I think the skinny/normal sized women get a bad rap from the fat women, all jealousy and envy. But let them ease their frustrations by eating a bucket of chicken and drinking diet coke.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:54 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Yes, it not easy to tell what's what. Folds, blobs, lumps, or maybe something interesting.
Perhaps a couple of Easter eggs hidden within the folds to be festive?

Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
I think the skinny/normal sized women get a bad rap from the fat women, all jealousy and envy.
Thats what you should have said in the title of this thread. That is TOTALLY different because you are referring to a small group of people who may feel this way about normal sized women.

Normal sized women dont get a bad rap from most of the world.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I'm fairly slender, but have got broad shoulders and a nice stomach. My forearms could be bigger, but they aren't - they're just decent enough. I didn't get this way by going to the gym. I very rarely go to the gym, but I just got a good metabolism and plus I just generally do a lot of physical activities [football, rugby etc]. My eating habits are absolutely awful. I don't particularly watch out for what I eat.

The few times I became fat was due to being away on holiday to warmer countries for a prolonged period of time. And whilst being there all I was doing was eat, go to the beach, chill out, eat some more etc. and that was my daily routine whilst being in Lebanon, Turkey and other hot countries. By the time I arrived back to England I have turned into a right fat bastard, lol. I ended up losing the weight rather quickly though, and was back to normal very soon.

I realise this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, lol.
I'm sorry, I didn't explain how it related to the topic. The fact is, many "skinny" people intentionally take extra time out of their lives to exercise, going to the gym, or just spending quality time exercising. And I consider that wasteful.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:09 PM

39 posts, read 84,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeguy504 View Post
If a guy prefers a skinny or normal-sized woman nowadays, he's "shallow". Conversely, if that same guy were to prefer "full-figured" women over skinny/normal-sized women, he'd just be "exercising his preference".

Skinny/normal-sized women are often stereotyped as being "anorexic" -- maybe...just maybe this is due to the rampant obesity sweeping the nation: people are so used to seeing overweight women out there, that a normal weight woman is thought to have something wrong with her. Let's not forget the mantra "real women have curves".

Furthermore, fashion models and the fashion industry are often blamed for anorexia. Here's a thought: maybe the cause of the anorexia comes from the individual who CHOOSES to compare themselves to what they see in fashion magazines.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I regularly partake in fitness activities, and my hobby routinely places me around active, fit women who are in stellar shape. Of course, you're going to have your bad apples, but 90% of them have great personalities, and exercise for their health and well being - not because of some obsessive motive to have the perfect body, or a sense of self-absorption.

They're some of the nicest, most grounded people I've ever met, and yet it seems that dating a skinny or normal-sized woman is becoming taboo nowadays.

Why is that?
I do not understand why you or anyone else would care what other people think. After all, it is your life, not theirs.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:17 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Vert View Post
I do not understand why you or anyone else would care what other people think. After all, it is your life, not theirs.
Agreed. I think the OP merely has a preference, and that's his own prerogative. what others think is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships