Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:12 PM

355 posts, read 615,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
A problem of the best kind to be sure

Behind Door #1 we have a beautiful 18 year old girl. She likes nice clothes and showing off her body. Her idea of a good time is partying till dawn. She loves money. My friends don't think much of her and she doesn't think much of them! She knows I'm 15 years older than her and have no money to speak of and have no intention of supporting her lifestyle.

Behind Door #2 we have a 20-something (OK I don't know how old she is exactly) girl with a heart of gold. She dresses plain, she acts plain, and she looks plain. All of my friends love her to pieces. Her idea of a good time is swinging in a hammock on a lazy summer afternoon. She doesn't care about money but she would like to travel.

Both of these girls have expressed interest in me. Now let's just assume for argument sake that taking them both back to my place for a little ménage à trois is not on the table.

Who to choose?
First of all, dude, for your own and other guys sake, stick to the half your age plus seven rule.
Secondly, if you believe this rule to be crap and you REALLY want that 18 y.o., i suggest you a one night stand with #1 and then moving on to something more serious with #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
i would go for #1 so thats a sign the right answer is most likely #2 :P

Old 04-04-2010, 06:42 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
First of all, dude, for your own and other guys sake, stick to the half your age plus seven rule.
Secondly, if you believe this rule to be crap and you REALLY want that 18 y.o., i suggest you a one night stand with #1 and then moving on to something more serious with #2.
So basically, you're telling him to use the girl for sex.

Would you like someone to treat your daughter like that some day?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

It actually makes me sick to my stomach that 18 year olds are willing to hook up with men 15 years above them.

I'd hope Cuin goes for #2 and saves the day.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It actually makes me sick to my stomach that 18 year olds are willing to hook up with men 15 years above them.

I'd hope Cuin goes for #2 and saves the day.

It makes me just as sick that anyone would encourage a man in his 30s to go along with it.

This whole thread is one giant Massengill Moment.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:54 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
A problem of the best kind to be sure

Behind Door #1 we have a beautiful 18 year old girl. She likes nice clothes and showing off her body. Her idea of a good time is partying till dawn. She loves money. My friends don't think much of her and she doesn't think much of them! She knows I'm 15 years older than her and have no money to speak of and have no intention of supporting her lifestyle.

Behind Door #2 we have a 20-something (OK I don't know how old she is exactly) girl with a heart of gold. She dresses plain, she acts plain, and she looks plain. All of my friends love her to pieces. Her idea of a good time is swinging in a hammock on a lazy summer afternoon. She doesn't care about money but she would like to travel.

Both of these girls have expressed interest in me. Now let's just assume for argument sake that taking them both back to my place for a little ménage à trois is not on the table.

Who to choose?
Many years ago I would have picked girl #1. Nowadays the clear choice would be girl #2.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM

202 posts, read 484,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
The 18 year old is nothing but trouble and honestly you are too old too even be looking at her and you should be smart enough to know that! From your description alone she sounds just like a little party girl who has been around and is spoiled rotten and as soon as your "old man" allure wears off she will be with guys her age. That's just the honest straight forward truth.

The fact you even have to ask if you should go out with #2 poses the problem. She sounds like the good girl who wants to find the right man who is not going to run around and be looking at the slutty 18 year olds so you have to honestly ask yourself if that is you or not. If you are going to keep looking while with her spare her the wasted time and go be immature elsewhere. But if you are going to be dedicated and willing to be just with her then go for it and it may work for the best! You will find a lot of the time your friends opinions, who see and know things you do not about them, are usually correct. So there is not even a option here. Girl #2 all the way or you are just kidding yourself and trying to capture a little of your youth again... and it will leave you soon guaranteed.
I don't know what else I could add that this above post did not already say. And very well indeed. A lot of you men whine about gold digging women who think their looks entitle them to something. But yet when one comes around wiggling their tail you drool all over them. And don't say im wrong, because If I was then you would have never had to ask which woman was the better choice.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:09 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
I don't know what else I could add that this above post did not already say. And very well indeed. A lot of you men whine about gold digging women who think their looks entitle them to something. But yet when one comes around wiggling their tail you drool all over them. And don't say im wrong, because If I was then you would have never had to ask which woman was the better choice.
Did you miss the part about me not having any gold to be dug and both girls knowing that fact?

Old 04-04-2010, 08:21 PM

355 posts, read 615,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

No. I am actually telling him to have sex with her.
You sound like sex is something women enjoy any less than men.
Considering her lifestyle as he described it, they both will enjoy it and move on with their lives.

As for my hipothetic daughter: men will treat her like that some day anyway, regardless of what i think or how i act.
It is only her actions and attitude that will matter and that's a totally different story.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Oh honey you are not getting any younger, and a lady whom is not materialistic, she is a dream come true to you. Pick # 2. The 18 year old will get tired of your old butt after awhile. Pic her at 25, you at 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships