Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 04:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
She deserves her cut. Obviously she was behind his acting career when he played such convincing lunatics.
G, you freaking genius. That was priceless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 04:28 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Dennis Hopper's bitter divorce from wife Victoria is deteriorating his health and leaving him broke

Dennis Hopper's bitter divorce battle with wife Victoria is not only draining his financial assets, it's also impairing his health.
According to new court documents obtained by TMZ.com, Hopper has become extremely ill from his battle with advanced prostate cancer, and now weighs only a little more than 100 pounds.
"It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition," one of his doctors reportedly stated in a declaration.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/03/24/2010-03-24_dennis_hoppers_bitter_divorce_from_wife_victori a_is_deteriorating_his_health_and.html#ixzz0kFXDGu Xu

The main can't even die in peace without his wife raking him over the coals. A recent article claims that the pair signed a pre-nup to avoid a messy breakup; looks like THAT is working well!

Boo - flippin' - hoo.

HE STARTED IT. He thought he was going to dump her pretty little tukus and move on to a newer model when ***KAPOW*** he turns up with prostate cancer that is probably going to kill him. And all of a sudden NOW he is crying the blues because she won't cooperate.

Looks like somebody pushed the old "irony button" to me.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
I can't relate to any of these "Hollywood" dramas, so they will never impact the decisions I make in life.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:49 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
She deserves her cut. Obviously she was behind his acting career when he played such convincing lunatics.
I'm surprised by your post, I would have thought you in particular would be more rational than this.

As I see it, a 60 year old man who led a life of hard drug use knows that his ticket will be cashed soon. Thanks to his money he was able to have his choice of mates, and he went with the hottie who was 20-30 years younger. I believe he did so because he came to his own rational decision that he would rather spend his last decade or so with a flighty hot girl than to be with a wise older woman who would hold his hand on his death bed. I believe that he made his choice without any thoughts of his children and their inheritance - which is his prerogative.

If he didn't make a lot of money on his acting career, he would not have been able to marry the attractive younger woman. He knew it, he did it anyway.

Why are you trying to paint him as a victim? He's a grown man who made a choice. Respect it.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Boo - flippin' - hoo.

HE STARTED IT. He thought he was going to dump her pretty little tukus and move on to a newer model when ***KAPOW*** he turns up with prostate cancer that is probably going to kill him. And all of a sudden NOW he is crying the blues because she won't cooperate.

Looks like somebody pushed the old "irony button" to me.

20yrsinBranson
OR maybe he didn't care. Maybe he wanted his fun with the young woman and that's that. Maybe his children are pissed off that she's going to get money and they are fighting it.

I can't imagine being on my deathbed, worrying about who is going to get my leftover $$ when I finally kick it in 60 days.

Maybe he saw this coming and didn't care. Maybe the P meant more than his kids. Happens all the time amoung those with a lot less.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:10 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Yes, I still want to marry because I do not base my life decisions on another person's poor choices.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Yes, I still want to marry because I do not base my life decisions on another person's poor choices.
Marry me?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:34 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Marry me?
Be careful what you wish for. You might get a minx for a wife.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 PM

437 posts, read 675,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
That sucks, but who knows what went on between them for 14 years. We don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, maybe he had this coming? I like Hopper's work, but I don't pretend to know him or any other celebrity when they go through something like this. For all we know he may have treated her badly when his health was good and now it's all coming back to him.
WTF!?!?!

Because he might have treated badly, it's ok for the legal system to hound this man into financial ruin and destroy his health even further? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! If she didn't like the marriage, she could have left a long time ago. This is about her trying to suck as much as she can from him, even if it means killing him. That the legal system is aiding this is just sick.

On that note, here's an update:

Dennis Hopper ordered to pay estranged wife $12K a month - International Business Times

Dennis Hopper ordered to pay estranged wife $12K a month - Dennis Hopper's soon-to-be ex-wife can keep living in his Venice, California house with their daughter while their divorce is under way, a judge has said Monday. The ailing actor is also ordered to pay wife Victoria $12,000 monthly in spousal and child support.

#photobox { WIDTH: 250px}#photobox #main_content { PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BACKGROUND: url(/images/bg_content_photobox.gif) repeat-y center top; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; COLOR: #333; PADDING-TOP: 5px}#photobox #main_content P { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px}#photobox #main_content #number { FONT-SIZE: 10px; FLOAT: left; WIDTH: 150px; COLOR: #666}#photobox #main_content #link { FLOAT: right; WIDTH: 60px; TEXT-ALIGN: right}#photobox #main_content #link A { COLOR: #0079a8}#photobox #main_content .photofile { PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; TEXT-ALIGN: center}#photobox #main_content #nmlist { PADDING-TOP: 5px}http://ibtimes.com.au/images/bg_top_photobox.gif (broken link)
http://ibtimes.com.au/data/articlethumbs/thumb_241017-actor-dennis-hopper-at-the-premiere-of-the-film-swing-vote-in-hollywood.jpg (broken link)
Actor Dennis Hopper, star of the film "Swing Vote," poses with his wife Victoria at the film's premiere in Hollywood, California July 24, 2008. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
http://in.ibtimes.com/images/ar_icon_piclefta.gif (broken link) 1 of 1 http://ibtimes.com.au/images/ar_icon_picrighta.gif (broken link)
Full Size http://ibtimes.com.au/images/ar_icon_twoarrow.gif (broken link)

http://ibtimes.com.au/images/bg_bt_photobox.gif (broken link)

Latest Celebrities

During a court hearing presided by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Amy Pellman, his lawyers explained how the cancer-stricken actor spends $26,000 a month to keep him alive.

Dennis, 73, was not present during the hearing, with his lawyers repeatedly describing him as too ill to attend. His adult son and two daughters were present, though.

Nevertheless, he was still ordered to pay $8,000 a month in spousal support and another $4,000 in child support, TMZ has said.

The judge also ruled that Victoria and their 7-year-old daughter Galen can live on his property while the divorce is ongoing.

Judge Pellman said that the ruling for Galen's welfare, saying that the child is about to lose her father and that having her extended family at war with Victoria will traumatize her even more.

"If this child loses her father, her aunts, her little cousins and her uncle all at the same time, I can only imagine the trauma that she's going through. All the money in the world will not make up for losing her family," she was quoted by CNN as saying.

Dennis has been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in October. He filed for divorce from Victoria, whom he married in 1996, earlier this year.

$12,000 a month. A MONTH!!! $8,000 in SPOUSAL SUPPORT!!! They won't be married but he still has to drop $1000 on her every 3.5 days? The man is dying and can't even work: this is more than he is expected to make in residuals!!!

Jesus, let the man die in peace.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 PM

437 posts, read 675,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
One example is not representative of the whole to make conclusions as you are alluding to.
Your point? It doesn't mean that. That it can happen at all shows how twisted this system is. If the US government stormed a a civilian home in the US and shot it up because they falsely thought it was a terrorist cell, would people accept a, "well it just happened once..."

Of course not! Heads would roll and procedures revised. We need that sort of sanity applied to family court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships