Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 09:16 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
False. The smartest thing she can do is hold out for a guy who'll accept that she has a child and be willing to deal with the complications that children introduce. I'll never understand this idea that single mothers should only date single fathers. Does the fact that both have kids suddenly cancel out all the complications? No. The bottom line is that everyone comes with something. It could be kids, it could be a bunch of freeloading relatives, it could be a terminally ill parent, or it could be a set of really unlikable friends. If you're someone who wants a long-term relationship, you might as well learn to deal with people's "baggage" because it's there in one form or another.
That depends entirely on their age. At age 40??? If the guy wanted kids, he would have had them by now.

So why is he dating/banging single mommy? Cuz she is the hottest thing that will give him the time of day.

Which ultimately means she can do better and needs to.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
That depends entirely on their age. At age 40??? If the guy wanted kids, he would have had them by now.

So why is he dating/banging single mommy? Cuz she is the hottest thing that will give him the time of day.

Which ultimately means she can do better and needs to.
I feel sorry for you. To be that cynical and judgmental speaks volumes about you. Not all men are like this. Some are mature and realistic enough to accept that women over 40 are more likely to come with kids. They can either hold out for someone who doesn't have them and risk missing out on a really terrific person. Or they can learn to deal with her kids and just be grateful they met someone who makes them happy. Your problem is you see men in simplistic terms. Some of us are more complicated than you allow for.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
I dont really get the women cant have kids at 40 thing. Yes its not the optimal time to start spitting out kids. But a 40 year old woman is plenty capable of bearing children if she wishes. See it all the time.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:16 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

No exceptions. Right. Im over 40, my kids are now adults but Im still a single mother. There are always exceptions.

Exactly, doesn't matter if you're 80, and your kids have kids, you'd still drop everything and everyone else for them, wouldn't you? I can't tolerate that in someone who is supposed to be MY partner.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:19 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Exactly, doesn't matter if you're 80, and your kids have kids, you'd still drop everything and everyone else for them, wouldn't you? I can't tolerate that in someone who is supposed to be MY partner.

What if they wanted to drop everything and help their mother, father or siblings? Is that a deal breaker too? Helping people sucks, I like your attitude.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
But such a tax would face equal protection challenges. I think it would have to be indirectly done if they were to do something like that.

And in the future, given that women are more educated, and making more money than men, and since women date/marry up, there simply won't be enough men for women to marry up to. So what will that result in? Polygamy being legalized?
Nope. Women will simply start marrying down or change teams. You will see more older women with younger men. Since there wont be a big supply of wealthy successful men, women just start going for the hot young stud, well as long as he dosent have kids.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:38 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Hell, I can multi-task. I dont have to ignore on person or aspect of my life to interact with another. A partner is just that a partner, they are not suspose to be your entire world.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for you. To be that cynical and judgmental speaks volumes about you. Not all men are like this. Some are mature and realistic enough to accept that women over 40 are more likely to come with kids. They can either hold out for someone who doesn't have them and risk missing out on a really terrific person. Or they can learn to deal with her kids and just be grateful they met someone who makes them happy. Your problem is you see men in simplistic terms. Some of us are more complicated than you allow for.
Another clueless post. We pity you en-masse. Go back and read the replies people give you.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
What if they wanted to drop everything and help their mother, father or siblings? Is that a deal breaker too? Helping people sucks, I like your attitude.
Exactly. I'll never understand these guys who expect their partner to make them top priority. Grow up. Your partner will always have other responsibilities. Would a guy ditch his GF if she's too busy taking her mom to chemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Another clueless post. We pity you en-masse. Go back and read the replies people give you.
I did and I stand by my original assessment of you. You're sad.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Exactly. I'll never understand these guys who expect their partner to make them top priority. Grow up. Your partner will always have other responsibilities. Would a guy ditch his GF if she's too busy taking her mom to chemo?

I did and I stand by my original assessment of you. You're sad.
DennyCrane,

Its because you like to fantasize about fairy tales. At some point the SO needs to become a priory. I helped take care of my father, and not only did I not dump on someone else, I would have made time for them to make sure they became a priority. Who do you like better, your mother or your father? Who makes these comparisons? If someone told me "you are second best, and your ranking my vary," I'd be gone. Should I tell my 3 year old he is not as important as his more needy younger brother? All it is is an order of operation, not a ranking of importance. You live in a ridiculous fantasy world which involves always telling your opponents to "grow up". You are the infant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships