Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I totally love everything u said it is worth repeating. I think in life it is not until later the lesson start to sink in. Age has away of changing ur perspective and giving u the realization that time may not always be on ur side, so u make the most of what u have been given. Then u r able to look and see, hear and understand, and as a result be the better for it. I think u r very enlightened and I hope u continue to grow wiser, stronger and dream bigger
Amen to that. It makes me wonder how many others are like me and didn't "get it" about life until around age 40. And ppl always said I was really mature for my age when I was younger. I don't know where they got that because I feel like I am just now growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLover99 View Post
Hell, I thought I'd be dead by 40!
Why do people believe that? I felt the same thing all my young life too. I have heard others say the same. There's even an old Charlie Rich song with those words. Where does that idea or concept come from?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 PM

174 posts, read 230,329 times
This is definitely something I'll be looking forward to.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,222 times
Don't know when I'll grow up.
Just waiting for the day when I will be 'excentric' rather than 'immature'

Old 04-08-2010, 04:43 PM

7,177 posts, read 9,225,978 times
Heck, I'm in my mid 50s and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

BTW: good post. Each day try to something new, apply something good just for the heck of it!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Why do people believe that? I felt the same thing all my young life too. I have heard others say the same. There's even an old Charlie Rich song with those words. Where does that idea or concept come from?
I think it comes from the feeling that you'll never be old. It's easier to imagine dying than growing old when you're young, but it's getting easier for me to imagine old age these days and I'm going in kicking and screaming.

A funny thing is though that I have always felt the same age no matter what age it was. My body is playing funny tricks on me, but my mind or spirit or whatever it is, feels the same. Does anyone else feel that way?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:23 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
Its never too late to be a better person, to make more of life than you have been, to accumulate all of life's big and little lessons and start to make it all work for you. Things do begin to make sense after a while. Good things take time. Things that start fast often end fast; you still need to be careful with your heart and other hearts too. Its never too late to find the love of your life, to make your life over with love in it. It is never too late to start over, make a wish and find your happiness. Its never too late to tell someone what you want or to listen to what others want. Its never to late to be happy, to make someone else's day, to believe in the things you want to believe. It's never too late to plan on being happy forever after. Just don't be late in finding it out for yourself.
yes, Yes, and YES!!! As long as you live, it's never too late.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:04 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,516 times
I never thought I'd never live to see 18 so I had 'it'.
I started trying to fit in and lost 'it'.
I got sick of going along for show so I got 'it' back.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:10 PM

7,177 posts, read 9,225,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
I never thought I'd never live to see 18 so I had 'it'.
I started trying to fit in and lost 'it'.
I got sick of going along for show so I got 'it' back.
Me too.

I've found 'it' comes and goes!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:14 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,384 times
Got to add more more thought here.

When you are young, you think you have all the answers. The only thing is you don't have any of the questions yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships