Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 AM

143 posts, read 540,929 times

Advertisements

My brother is a married, middle-class, white guy in the suburbs with 3 kids, a corporate job, pretty wife, etc. He is also living this other life where he has sex with multiple women who he meets on websites. He recently went on 2 week business trip to California and picked up 2 girls off the street in Oakland. One of them is a drugdrug (http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Boards%20drug?as=clink&p=clinkl&ac=464 - broken link) addict who freaked out in the hotel hallway to the point that security was called and he was almost thrown out of the hotel. The other shoplifted in a store while my brother was with her and they were both arrested. The police let my brother go eventually but charged her. He then told me that he performed sex acts with the girls for 2 men (at different times) for money. He made $600. On previous trips, he would fly in women who he had sex with before, now he is picking up drug addicts off the street and putting on sex shows. I am worried that something bad is going to happen if he keeps doing stuff like this. Can anyone tell me why he is doing this? I also don't understand why he is doing this to his wife? She is the nicest person and she has no idea. I have tried to talk to him about it but he tells me most guys do this kind of stuff. Should I be worried or do most guys do this kind of stuff and I am just naive? Any advice will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,683,548 times
He could be bored with his marriage. ( even though I doubt that is the case ). His wife being nice has little to do with his character.

"I have tried to talk to him about it but he tells me most guys do this kind of stuff. Should I be worried or do most guys do this kind of stuff and I am just naive?"

Hmmm. No, most guys don't got out in the street and pick up women to have sex with. You are not naive to think that there could be something wrong with him.

I can't tell you why he is doing this. He needs to fess up to his wife and seek help.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,017,002 times
I've always had my doubts about this sex addict stuff but I believe it's possible. He needs to check himself in before he loses everything from his family to his job, including his life from the sounds of it judging by the company he's keeping.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:56 AM

355 posts, read 616,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
My brother is a married, middle-class, white guy in the suburbs with 3 kids, a corporate job, pretty wife, etc. He is also living this other life where he has sex with multiple women who he meets on websites. He recently went on 2 week business trip to California and picked up 2 girls off the street in Oakland. One of them is a drugdrug (http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Boards%20drug?as=clink&p=clinkl&ac=464 - broken link) addict who freaked out in the hotel hallway to the point that security was called and he was almost thrown out of the hotel. The other shoplifted in a store while my brother was with her and they were both arrested. The police let my brother go eventually but charged her. He then told me that he performed sex acts with the girls for 2 men (at different times) for money. He made $600. On previous trips, he would fly in women who he had sex with before, now he is picking up drug addicts off the street and putting on sex shows. I am worried that something bad is going to happen if he keeps doing stuff like this. Can anyone tell me why he is doing this? I also don't understand why he is doing this to his wife? She is the nicest person and she has no idea. I have tried to talk to him about it but he tells me most guys do this kind of stuff. Should I be worried or do most guys do this kind of stuff and I am just naive? Any advice will help.
Yep. That's what most guys do (if they can, of course). Do it cuz it's fun. Do it cuz they understand that they love sex more than almost anything else.
What do you love more than sex?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 AM

355 posts, read 616,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I've always had my doubts about this sex addict stuff but I believe it's possible. He needs to check himself in before he loses everything from his family to his job, including his life from the sounds of it judging by the company he's keeping.
You might wanna read Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. It covers the topic well enough.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:23 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,144,349 times
His wife needs to do him more and be more adventurous.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,683,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post

Sooooo, what you're saying is that his wife is the one to blame for his behavior?

What his wife needs to do once she finds out is to divorce his A S S.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,017,002 times
Quote:
That's an emotional cripple mentality if I ever heard one.

I guarantee you, if this guy's picking up drug addicts, shoplifters and heaven knows what else off the streets, he's got far bigger problems than his wife not 'doing him enough'.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:51 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,144,349 times
Yeah most likely as his actions are a bit on the extreme side unless he's just real care free in general. However lack of intimacy in a marriage is often cause of infidelity.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:04 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
Quote:
Yeah most likely as his actions are a bit on the extreme side unless he's just real care free in general. However lack of intimacy in a marriage is often cause of infidelity.
Real intimacy has little or nothing to do with sex.

Let's not forget, given the company he's keeping, he is probably now a disease card carrying member and is now putting his whole family at risk. I remember my boss (who was also our neighbor) when I was in high school went on these business trips and gave his wife VD. He paid dearly for that in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships