Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

....almost drove me to drink.
My wife used to drive me to drink.

And she would come pick me up when I was drunk.

But then I puked in her car.

Now she makes me take a taxi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Or have I just gone mad??? Is 10 years REALLY that long??? I guess so...
Before my recently ended 10 year relationship, I would see different guys.
Now yeah, some of them had communication issues (what else is new with guys ) but it was because they had been loners, or weren't used to expressing feelings, or whatever.
But for the most part, if I liked someone & they liked me (which, lucky me, was always the case ) we KNEW!!!!! It wasn't like we pretended we weren't interested. We didn't have all these "things" going on that we didn't have time to get together or talk on the phone or write.
I mean, it just seemed so much more "normal" to me!!!
And we'd be SEXUAL!!!!!!!!! If we were into each other, we'd say sexual things in letters, on the phone...We'd be all over each other in person.
Now I meet someone online, we like each other, & I feel like I'm writing to an online classmate or something!!! Nobody gives sexual inuendos!!!!!! Where are the sexual inuendos?????? It's like - I'M the one doing all that!!! I get no response! So I tell the person that I assume they're not interested & they tell me I'm crazy! I'M crazy???!!! Where's your sexuality??? If I'M intersted & YOU'RE interested...?????? That's half the FUN!!! FUN!!!! Does anyone remember FUN???? People are so goddamn serious! Or goddamn busy!
Ummmmm - excuse me, but if you're looking to MEET people on the internet, why don't you have any TIME for them???
Also, no one wants to meet! I visited two friends in Cali back in 96 - they were just friends, but we'd never met. Talked for HOURS & wrote zillions of letters (member those?!) & it seemed totally natural to just hop on a plane & visit! Now it's like, you send these emails - & everyone must have freakin ADD cause they're doing a thousand and one things - all this IM - I HATE IM!!!!!!!!! I'm telling you! I think everyone has ADD!!!!!!!!
Where are all the cool fun people I used to know???????
Damn! (steps down off soapbox )
Hmmm... I've found that young men are all about sexual innuendos when they are hoping for a casual booty call or hookup. But maybe if you are out there looking for a guy with relationship material rather than an FWB, then those guys are more cautious and hold back until they have a sense that you are girlfriend material for them.

Maybe online, you are coming on too strong, too flirty and seeming too desperate for a date. Or they are scared off by your frankness. Some men are turned off by women that are too aggressive.

Personally, I was very impressed that my boyfriend didn't try to come on or flirt with me when we first met online. It was six months of pure platonic friendship. Additionally, if I liked someone I met online, I wouldn't want them to be available every night to chat with. I would prefer a person that has a full life off the internet, rather than being an internet junkie. I think what's important is finding that balance of attraction but yet not being obsessive and a potential stalker. I prefer men that are more grounded in the real world and less living on the internet. My boyfriend uses the internet for technical research. Whatever message boards he's a member of, he never hangs out in the lounge areas.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You guys are brave meeting someone you've only talked to on the internet.
A good friend of mine met a woman online, they ended up meeting in person and everything worked out and they got married, six monthes later he came home to find she had cleaned out the bank accounts and cashed out the credit cards and hit the road laughing all the way, he turned her in to the police and a few days later the FBI showed up, she had done this before but had killed her last two husbands, they had been looking for her for years.
He got lucky she only ruined him financially.
Wow, he WAS lucky! Guess my poor late Mom was right when saying she expects me to be sent in a bag some day. I used to have big balls... Now they've shrunk quite a bit, but I'm still crazier than average. Or perhaps I still have this old-fashioned notion in my head that I'm dealing with people for the most part (as opposed to psychopaths)... Suppose I qualify for being somewhat naive considering what's going on around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships