Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times

Advertisements

Nice girls are at home with their families or alone wondering where all the nice guys are.

Most nice girls (not a judgment against those who do this) are not at clubs or bars, but at the library, maybe the park, maybe again, just at home frustrated and wondering 'where' to connect with nice guys.

I would say I am the quintessential girl next door type but because I was not out partying or not the 'type' guys want at 21 or 25 where I am from, I never met many guys.

I was a nice girl, moral, funny, smart, pretty and rarely dated. Fortunately I connected with my husband in a non-traditional way.

There's always hope. Hang in there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Now that we're giving our definitions for what we think "nice" means, here's mine:
Pleasant, personable, a reliable friend, someone you WANT to spend time with because you enjoy having them around.

As opposed to someone who is repellent, miserable, depressing, arrogant etc.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:47 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it is a language issue.

IMO some people are mistaken when they think the word "nice" is wholly positive. to me it roughly means "unoffensive, but dull."
And frequently used by gals with a but statement:

You are a nice guy, but...

I never liked being referred to as a nice guy. I always took this to be a slight by the one making it. It is not the same as saying You are desirable. So the word can have different meanings depending on usage. Though I will admit I am not nice at all, but I like to think I am Honorable in the old fashioned sense of the word.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
And frequently used by gals with a but statement:

You are a nice guy, but...

I never liked being referred to as a nice guy. I always took this to be a slight by the one making it. It is not the same as saying You are desirable. So the word can have different meanings depending on usage. Though I will admit I am not nice at all, but I like to think I am Honorable in the old fashioned sense of the word.
I love 'nice'. But all nice means to me is someone who won't play games or play you, period. Even 'nice guys' I've dated have issues like not-so-nice guys, which I haven't been attracted to since...forever.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 AM

23 posts, read 32,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
A lot of men prefer 'nice girls' and the smart/experienced ones know that 'nice girl' in public isn't necessarily synonymous with 'nice girl in bed'.

That's what I was saying; you said it using several hundred less words. All our family and friends think my wife is so
straight-laced". Geez if they only knew. Before she was my wife, she once told me --

"I'll be your saint in the kitchen and your wh ore in the bedroom."

Now that we're empty-nesters she's discovered the kitchen is just as fun. And the outdoor shower, my workshop, the laundry room, and believe it or not on the roof one time behind the cupola when I was changing the flag. Yeah you "nice girls" are soooo boring.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
I really don't think I remember having trouble with women being nice in person. They can get pretty nasty in this forum or in an SUV, but most women I know act rather nice towards me. I certainly prefer that and its not a turn off. There are other things that turn me off from a relationship perspective but not that.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by .5CelBi View Post
That's what I was saying; you said it using several hundred less words. All our family and friends think my wife is so
straight-laced". Geez if they only knew. Before she was my wife, she once told me --

Now that we're empty-nesters she's discovered the kitchen is just as fun. And the outdoor shower, my workshop, the laundry room, and believe it or not on the roof one time behind the cupola when I was changing the flag. Yeah you "nice girls" are soooo boring.
Like I said in your rep--Finally! A man who gets it. Gets us*.

*so-called 'nice girls'.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:

Hi .5CelBi,

I happen to be one of those that believes a lot of boring sex begins with the man. A lot of "nice girls" will go along for the ride. If one is persistent you can usually find out what is in their dirty minds.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Btw, same can be said for 'nice guys'. The wildest rides are often the seemingly safest ones. In other words, what you see isn't always what you get.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,474 times
Nice = Not getting any

This Nice guy/girl nonsense comes up in this forum all the time and its a myth. Why can't the nice guys find the nice girls??? Because if they found each other they would just be normal guys and girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships