Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times

Advertisements

With all the negativity on the forum about women I often find myself scratching my head in bewilderment

I regularly meet very sweet girls, and yes many of them are beautiful, dispelling the myth that you have to be ugly to have a good personality. But lots of them are single despite it being obvious that they're interested in meeting guys. Usually they do end up getting married eventually but I would think they should be in much higher demand than they seem to be.

The only reason I can think of for this is that nice girls tend not to stand out. Sometimes it's that they're shy. But whatever the case they can easily be missed if you're not looking for them.

It makes me laugh that these self-proclaimed 'nice guys' say that ALL women are terrible/crazy/gold-diggers. Either they aren't really nice guys and so they aren't attracting the nice girls. Or they're distracted by the flash of some princess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 PM

791 posts, read 1,425,730 times
define "princess"

Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
With all the negativity on the forum about women I often find myself scratching my head in bewilderment

I regularly meet very sweet girls, and yes many of them are beautiful, dispelling the myth that you have to be ugly to have a good personality. But lots of them are single despite it being obvious that they're interested in meeting guys. Usually they do end up getting married eventually but I would think they should be in much higher demand than they seem to be.

The only reason I can think of for this is that nice girls tend not to stand out. Sometimes it's that they're shy. But whatever the case they can easily be missed if you're not looking for them.

It makes me laugh that these self-proclaimed 'nice guys' say that ALL women are terrible/crazy/gold-diggers. Either they aren't really nice guys and so they aren't attracting the nice girls. Or they're distracted by the flash of some princess.
No, a total of 1,500 people has a big part of it! How many do you think are available women?LMAO...... I do have about 40,000 reasonably close. How many do you think are available women? See where I am going with this?LMAO......

Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
I'm a "self-proclaimed nice guy" and I have also been told that I am TOO nice.
It's funny that you meet cool, beautiful, intelligent women on a (semi) regular basis, can we trade?

Anyways, I don't say that all women are terrible/crazy/gold diggers, but usually when I am really looking for a decent girl, they aren't available to me. Many of them in fact DO stand out, but they're just never available.. I've never been "distracted by the flash of some princess" nor have I never been mean to anyone who didn't deserve it.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
I heard good girls have tricks up their sleeves. I don't date. And I know that.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Yes, I am being ignored. LOL

Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
Some guys are only looking for sex, and nice girls are looking for more. It is hard to find a guy, who is looking for a relationship and willing to give a girl time to decide if she wants to be in a relationship before they are ready for sex. There are also many girls willing to engage in casual sex, and some guys don't date the ones who aren't.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 PM

All of us guys know they still do exists! It is just a matter of finding one at the right place at the right time.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 PM

355 posts, read 615,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post

Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses
Well, the problem with the good girls is basically the same as with the nice guys. They're plain boring. Sure, they can take care of you, but most of the guys actually need to be taken care of only when they get older.
I am talking about awesome guys here, of course: good looking, nice personality, faithful, stable. Good girls don't go for less.

Like you know in teen movies:
Good girl (closet hottie, smart, super sweet, shy) has a very nice guy chasing her and doing everything for her (loves her), but he's just a friend, while all that girl ever wants is the highschool Freddie Prinze, Jr.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Rugged would take a gal with glasses any day over the riff-raff I have dated. That is a big problem around here. These types seldom get a divorce and you are left with whats left. You may get lucky and find a shy one that hasn't been discovered yet. I know that the bad ones will go away and I'll find what I am looking for. I just wish they would be honest with me. If they would have been honest and shown their true colors I would have never even went out with the ones I did. I'm not "that guy" and want nothing to do with those types of women. I guess I am just a sucker and always throw it all on the line. Just because someone came from a bad family or marriage doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. I know they exists and won't give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships