Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I have been driving my sports car when a woman wondered out loud which mini van to trade my car in for.
I had one who wanted me to sell my house. It turned out that she had several hundred thousand in debt she needed to be paid off!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,941 times
When I was single, my rule was to not date anyone divorced or with a kid(s). I married at 28 and never dated any of the above. You have a right to decide what you want and what you don't want.

Of course, life happens and if I had gotten to know someone real well, developed feelings and then found out he carried one of the above pieces of baggage, I may have accepted it. I just knew I was too immature to deal with that, so I avoided it and I never had to be involved with it.

If I were single at 35, it'd be a lot more difficult to avoid.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
We all have our criteria for whom we'll date - or not. We can condemn other peoples' choices, and they may well condemn ours. Bottom line: date who you want, and don't worry about missing out on the judgmental ones, as they are not right for you anyway.
WHAT!?!? And get two boycotts started:

1) the guys who won't date single moms because they see it as encouraging an antisocial and dysfunctional lifestyle choice.

2) the women who won't date a man who won't date single moms.

No wonder we need so much immigration to keep the population growing.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
WHAT!?!? And get two boycotts started:

1) the guys who won't date single moms because they see it as encouraging an antisocial and dysfunctional lifestyle choice.

2) the women who won't date a man who won't date single moms.

No wonder we need so much immigration to keep the population growing.
Yeah, the merging of the threads can be distilled to this. I find both offensive, but especially the bold. Those are the single childless women who WILL date single dads and I'm sure we've heard them say in a stupid sing-song voice: "And this weekend, he's got his kids," as if to say he can ejaculate and reproduce. So can 99.75% of the male population. And her point is?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You must be assuming full custody without a 2nd parent in the picture?

I know a few single mothers who have plenty of time. They have shared custody and have their children either every other week or 3 1/2 days out of each week.
In that case, the single parent might have time to date -- but it's still not the freedom that someone childless would have. Every other weekend free instead of every weekend free, and then obviously there's an ex in the picture, not everyone wants to deal with that baggage either although there would be some kind of free time.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:45 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yeah, the merging of the threads can be distilled to this. I find both offensive, but especially the bold. Those are the single childless women who WILL date single dads and I'm sure we've heard them say in a stupid sing-song voice: "And this weekend, he's got his kids," as if to say he can ejaculate and reproduce. So can 99.75% of the male population. And her point is?
What on earth are you on about? That post doesn't even make sense.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
They got the "high quality" genes the first time. Any man who will now step up to pay the freight, is obviously of lower quality.

However, in some jurisdictions, having an insurance child with the new husband will guarantee financial security.
But I thought single Moms only had kids with 'criminal bad boys who treated them horribly'? How are these better genes?

Yes, any man who dates a single Mom, actually likes her children and they decide to start a family together is of lower quality.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
I;m still not ready to date someone with kids, so I stay in the 25-30 range

Old 08-20-2012, 12:14 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
I had one who wanted me to sell my house. It turned out that she had several hundred thousand in debt she needed to be paid off!
Lol. Same here. I had one woman who kept on me how we needed to combine our checking accounts, she said "we will have more money!" This of course is the same woman who would scrape out my cigarette tray for loose change.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:16 AM

109 posts, read 128,404 times
Personally, I don't want kids. I view them as a huge money sink and liability, not an investment.

But with respect for the mother, it would creep me out, like she had a 'leftover' from a previous relationship, a ever present reminder that somebody else was inside my SO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships