Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2020, 10:57 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
3-5 years isn't enough time?
You date for 3-5 years and move on? How come?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:15 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You date for 3-5 years and move on? How come?

Relationships end. Have you dated?

Sometimes people move (quite often for professional reasons), sometimes relationships run their course (that can happen in 3 mos or 3 years), other times people decide they want different things at different points in their lives and so go separate ways.

It's not uncommon at all. It's actually normal.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sigh.... I've seen this rhetoric on this board for years now, it typically comes from a pretty obvious mean spirited place. Does what you say exist, yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure somewhere some single mother has plotted to snag a guy to provide for her.

If we're being intellectually honest here we could also say that many many women don't play this game.

I wished that more people could just be objective and rational and for god sake people need to stop generalizing so much, men or women.

It's boring as hell.
Generalizing makes survival possible. You cannot exist without generalizing about the outside world 24/7. Why men and women should be exempt? Generally a man is not a priority for a single mother. Generally a single mother bumps a man up her priority list for the duration of a relationship demo regime. Generally a single mother is not ok with a man not making her a priority in a multitude of ways. Generally a single mother does not seek relationships with men who have no means or desire to serve her priorities. Generally a single mother runs a lot of guys through her bedrooms to find one willing and able to serve her priorities (what a lucky dude), generally it is not the guy she's the most attracted to. If you feel you are special, don't just date and marry single mothers, play lottery and swim in Florida swamps.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:28 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Generalizing makes survival possible. You cannot exist without generalizing about the outside world 24/7. Why men and women should be exempt? Generally a man is not a priority for a single mother. Generally a single mother bumps a man up her priority list for the duration of a relationship demo regime. Generally a single mother is not ok with a man not making her a priority in a multitude of ways. Generally a single mother does not seek relationships with men who have no means or desire to serve her priorities. Generally a single mother runs a lot of guys through her bedrooms to find one willing and able to serve her priorities (what a lucky dude), generally it is not a guy she's the most attracted to. If you feel you are special, don't just date and marry single mothers, play lottery and swim in Florida swamps.

Whatever man. I'm not going to waste anymore time on you. I could get cute and write a 500 word response to this stuff here, but I couldn't care less.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Relationships end. Have you dated?

Sometimes people move (quite often for professional reasons), sometimes relationships run their course (that can happen in 3 mos or 3 years), other times people decide they want different things at different points in their lives and so go separate ways.

It's not uncommon at all. It's actually normal.
If you found a single mother to have a short term no string attached relationship with at no cost to you you are a lucky guy. Hit that gas station for lottery tickets on your way home. Assuming of course that you never wanted a woman who makes you a priority.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:43 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Generalizing makes survival possible. You cannot exist without generalizing about the outside world 24/7. Why men and women should be exempt? Generally a man is not a priority for a single mother. Generally a single mother bumps a man up her priority list for the duration of a relationship demo regime. Generally a single mother is not ok with a man not making her a priority in a multitude of ways. Generally a single mother does not seek relationships with men who have no means or desire to serve her priorities. Generally a single mother runs a lot of guys through her bedrooms to find one willing and able to serve her priorities (what a lucky dude), generally it is not the guy she's the most attracted to. If you feel you are special, don't just date and marry single mothers, play lottery and swim in Florida swamps.
Have you ever actually met a single mother in real life?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:47 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
If you found a single mother to have a short term no string attached relationship with at no cost to you you are a lucky guy. Hit that gas station for lottery tickets on your way home. Assuming of course that you never wanted a woman who makes you a priority.

Three to five years is short term?

What makes you think I wasn't a priority?

It wasn't a hook up, it was a dating relationship. So not a NSA relationship.

You sure do have some bizarre notions.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Have you ever actually met a single mother in real life?
Stick to attacking my general points. My persona and experiences are quite insignificant to discuss in this thread.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:55 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I've argued against the generalities enough, I have no need to take on yet another clueless opponent. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood in this moment, today...can't guarantee I'll never decide to waste my time again. Hell, it keeps my typing skills sharp. I can only hope that such men actually talk to their dates this way, anyhow. Tell them all about evo-bio and what women want and what men want and everything. Tell them that if they don't agree, they are lying or delusional.

It's a really good dating strategy, boys. Makes you look like a real King. Gets you laid every time.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Three to five years is short term?

What makes you think I wasn't a priority?

It wasn't a hook up, it was a dating relationship. So not a NSA relationship.

You sure do have some bizarre notions.
You were not a priority for a second. What's dating for pitt sake? Exclusive hooks up + entertainment. Dating for 3-5 years is a very special kind of a relationship. A rare single mother is ok with that given more permanent options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships