Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 12:13 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,554 times

Advertisements

I dont NEED a man, but I WANT a man in my life. I agree with hothulamaui a man should enhance your life. I miss having a guy to share my life with. Its so hard to find a great man these days, I have met three guys this year and they turned out to be awful. I thought about joining match.com, but I dont think I will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
It's the same with me. I want a good woman but don't NEED one. I'm content being alone because I have a great career, friends/family and volunteer work that enriches my life so if I don't find Ms.Right, so be it. Besides, most women have a lot of baggage that I don't have the patience to deal with.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:31 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
When I was married, I enjoyed being married.

When I was in a relationship I enjoyed that, until I didn't and now..

I'm single and enjoying that.

There were/are pros and cons to all of the above.

My preference is to love and be loved - but I'm not looking for someone to fit that role in my life. If it happens, it happens.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,501 times
I made the decision to give myself a year to just "chill" after my last breakup (a bad one). I felt that I needed the time to pause and reflect--ask myself what led me to make such a poor choice and to stick by that choice, even though it was to my detriment.

I would prefer to be in a relationship or marriage, but I don't feel that I absolutely need one. I was an only child, so I'm perfectly capable of entertaining myself. I can't remember a time when I've ever been lonely when I was on my own. However, I have been extremely lonely when I was in a bad marriage/relationship before. I hope to avoid that in the future.

I dunno. I dated for a while, usually only first dates, via Match.Com. I found it a waste of time for the most part, but that was because of how I was using the service. I felt obligated to go out with any guy who asked, regardless if I felt that he might be a good prospect (and regardless of potential dealbreakers). There's someone I'm really interested in meeting with whom I've been corresponding for a year or so--another writer. It took a while for me to figure out that I was interested, however. I had to see the way he interacted with other writers and other people for me to gauge my level of interest. He seems like a pretty good deal. I could be wrong, but I feel a lot better, having given myself time to assess his character.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 PM

124 posts, read 173,793 times
This answer may inform as to my attitude and such. I've always been single. I feel it's my normal mode now. So I feel normal...and bitter, very bitter. But normal.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,351,397 times
I don't feel any way about it. Take it , giftwrap it , and waited until midnight to open it. Now I enjoy it.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 4,971 times
I have enjoyed being single for many years. I am ready to move on to the next chapter of my life, and that is to share my life with a worthy man.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:32 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Honestly, I'm over the whole 'I'm lonely' thing. I love being single because I can do what I want, when I want. I can hang out with my friends and not worry about having to answer to a man. I can devote as much time as I want to my relationship with my son, as opposed to having to balance it out with a romantic relationship with someone else.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I'm single and have been enjoying it, to my surprise.

What about you? I definitely enjoy being single, nothing like doing what and when you want.

Do you feel like an oddball in this culture that celebrates Valentine's Day and gives tax breaks to couples? To each their own. Not really, why would I? I've got a lot going for myself to be worried about what the next man or woman is doing.

Are you putting up with being single until you're in a relationship?I wouldn't say I'm putting up with being single, just relishing in the contentment in being alone until the RIGHT woman comes along who fits me. When or if she does, it's going to be a love story far better than I can imagine.

Do you feel lonely and long for companionship?In truth, NO. While I desire a good woman in my life, it's not the be-all/end all for me. When the time is right, I'll get in a relationship. Unlike most people, I refuse to settle for anything that comes along and if I can get it right the first time, so be it.

What is the likelihood you'll be in a relationship or be married?Good question; I'd say it's 50-50. While I want a relationship & eventually to get married, I'm not going to rush things for the sake of having someone in my life. If she can't respect my authority to take it slow, get to steppin'.

Are you the envy of your married friends?I'm very happy for my married friends; the ones that have found true love. They also know where I stand as far as relationships go, so that's a wrap on this question.

What do you hate about being single?NOTHING. What's there to hate about being single?

What do you love about it?Not having to take someone else into consideration regarding my actions/plans.
Answers are in bold.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:31 PM

968 posts, read 2,617,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I'm single and have been enjoying it, to my surprise.

What about you?
When I initially became single, I purposely wanted to take some time off from dating / serious relationships. After "getting over it", I focused heavily in career and improving my relationships with family & friends.

Do you feel like an oddball in this culture that celebrates Valentine's Day and gives tax breaks to couples?
I do not feel like an odd ball but I do feel like I'll be a late bloomer. I am not close to many married people but most of my HS and college friends are either engaged or already married. Screw V-Day.

Are you putting up with being single until you're in a relationship?
I did not choose to be single; I was broken-up on. After a while, I continued to choose to be single because I just have not found anyone I was truly compatible with or worth investing the time.

Do you feel lonely and long for companionship?
I do not feel lonely. However, there is a certain level of companionship that you cannot share with friends and only with that significant other that I often crave.

What is the likelihood you'll be in a relationship or be married?
The 8-ball says: "looking good". Honestly, I do not know. Whatever happens...happens...

Are you the envy of your married friends?
I generally do not socialize with married friends. I would suspect no.

What do you hate about being single?
Lack of intimacy.

What do you love about it?
I really do not have a love vs hate feeling about it. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships