Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:07 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
It's not done anymore (at least in America) because not only has the price of basic necessities gone up (while the value of a dollar has gone down), but also because American women spend way to much money; mostly on foolishness!

If American women were more practical, and not be so foolish to follow stupid Hollywood trends, more guys would be game on not having their wife to work. Until then, all you women who want marked up diamond rings, huge SUVS (that I see you drive in ALONE), and all the designer clothes can work just as hard as your man to help pay for it!
Sounds like a justification for some men's selfishness, to me. And I live on West Coast where I see plenty of women from other countries pushing BMW's big SUV's and "rocking huge rocks" And guess what? Their men gave these things to them, gladly. The way I see men from foreign countries treat their women (once they all wind up in America) puts some American men to shame.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Sounds like a justification for some men's selfishness, to me. And I live on West Coast where I see plenty of women from other countries pushing BMW's big SUV's and "rocking huge rocks" And guess what? Their men gave these things to them, gladly. The way I see men from foreign countries treat their women (once they all wind up in America) puts some American men to shame.
As a foreigner myself, I know that the male-female dynamics are different in many other countries. My mother did not work until we came to America, back home we could afford her not working and still live middle class. In America today, both parents are expected to work, so women contribute more financially to a household. In other countries, mainly third-world, women are still expected to do most of the cooking as well. So traditional roles are still upheld, more than here.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:51 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
OMG! BLACK women cant find husbands?!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Old 04-25-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
OMG! BLACK women cant find husbands?!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
OMG, Black women have to date outside of their race because too many of their own men won't step up to the plate?????????

Old 04-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
As a foreigner myself, I know that the male-female dynamics are different in many other countries. My mother did not work until we came to America, back home we could afford her not working and still live middle class. In America today, both parents are expected to work, so women contribute more financially to a household. In other countries, mainly third-world, women are still expected to do most of the cooking as well. So traditional roles are still upheld, more than here.
I've remained true to my Southern roots, where quite a few women still embrace the traditional female role. Parts of the South struggle economically, but the men still manage to take care of their women because their women are taking care of them. When I settled in a large western city, I begin to meet men who were all for being involved with a traditional female, as long as he didn't have to support her. That, in my view, is a man attempting to take advantage of a good woman. The South gets a bad rap, but the men (at least of my generation) treat women the way "their mamas brought them up to treat them".

Old 04-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I've remained true to my Southern roots, where quite a few women still embrace the traditional female role. Parts of the South struggle economically, but the men still manage to take care of their women because their women are taking care of them. When I settled in a large western city, I begin to meet men who were all for being involved with a traditional female, as long as he didn't have to support her. That, in my view, is a man attempting to take advantage of a good woman. The South gets a bad rap, but the men (at least of my generation) treat women the way "their mamas brought them up to treat them".
My brother has been living in the South for eight years and I have visited him a few times, I am moving there in a few weeks as well. Having lived in New York for 10 years, I noticed you have both sexes who try to take advantage of each other in many large metro areas, not just relegated to one sex.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
OMG, Black women have to date outside of their race because too many of their own men won't step up to the plate?????????

I'm a black man who wishes I'd have never gotten married............

Old 04-25-2010, 10:59 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
And how do the women treat the men?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm a black man who wishes I'd have never gotten married............
At this point I am a black man who does not care if I ever get married.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
At this point I am a black man who does not care if I ever get married.

Do yourself a favor, and don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships