Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times

Advertisements

I lied to women that were interested in me that I wasn't really interested when I was. I did it to hook up some of my friends and guess what? They have been happily married for years. I guess that would be a good lie for a true friend even though I missed out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 05:36 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,158,204 times
My friend met a guy on Match and dated him for a brief period of time, he told her he refused to go for an STD test because he was married for a long time and she never was, therefore he should be the one worried. She let it go.

Shortly after (few months) she called me crying, he gave her herpes- and then fessed up to it after the fact.

Nice guy !

Old 11-14-2014, 03:44 AM

479 posts, read 431,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
those 3 words are powerful and scary.......but they do spread legs
It's mean. Anybody who does that... deserves to have their heart ripped out and stepped on whenever they happen to actually fall in love, themselves.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:37 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
I called them "smooth moves" rather than lies, but I told some good ones back in H.S. and college. One of my favorites was freshman year in college when I asked a pre med classmate if she would take a look at a "lump" that I discovered while taking a shower. It didn't work out quite as I planned, but we did eventually end up dating. I have also told some not-so-PG-13 lies about a made up sexual "problem" that several young women volunteered to attempt to cure. When I was an athlete and in fantastic shape in college I also occasionally faked (maybe exaggerated is a better term) sports injuries as an excuse to take off my shirt for a back rub, but I don't think I was really fooling anyone.

More recently I have lied and told women that I haven't ever been to a certain event or restaurant when they took me there because I could tell that it would disappoint them if I had already experienced it many times before. I put these into the white lie category, though.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:48 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,326 times
I pretended to be normal once.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:12 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo5000 View Post
I've done some minor white lies, but nothing big. I had a buddy who would say he used to be in Delta Force though.
I'm surprised he can get laid using that lame lie, Lol. Although, I question the woman falling for it

Old 11-14-2014, 06:31 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I find it amazing that women are condemning men for lying. Maybe we should have a thread with this topic. What lies have you told a guy as an excuse to not go out on a date? Washing hair was very popular on Sat. night for some reason when I was young. Or maybe what lie you told when you were not in the mood for sex with your husband/partner, bf, SO?

Old 11-14-2014, 06:31 AM

880 posts, read 1,250,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo5000 View Post
I've done some minor white lies, but nothing big. I had a buddy who would say he used to be in Delta Force though.
Wow, can't even remember. Whenever I was interested in nothing but hit and run, I told women what they wanted to hear. I was young, with little money, life experience or general knowledge of grown-up world. Let's face it - no one wants to hear about your day at the office. If you have decent looks, decent car and a decent job, you are STILL an ordinary person, even though you think you are a unique snowflake. If you want something quick, you have to impress just as fast. And that's difficult to do within 2-3 hours before last call when you are a regular person. Did I feel bad? No. It's a bar scene, everyone knows the game. And if any woman/man thinks they will meet their Most Interesting (Wo)Man in the world at a b ar on a Friday night, well... they should be grateful for lessons in reality.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:32 AM

880 posts, read 1,250,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I find it amazing that women are condemning men for lying. Maybe we should have a thread with this topic. What lies have you told a guy as an excuse to not go out on a date? Washing hair was very popular on Sat. night for some reason when I was young. Or maybe what lie you told when you were not in the mood for sex with your husband/partner, bf, SO?
Every application of makeup, every pair of high heels, every padded bra is a lie told to one or more men.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:41 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
My friend met a guy on Match and dated him for a brief period of time, he told her he refused to go for an STD test because he was married for a long time and she never was, therefore he should be the one worried. She let it go.

Shortly after (few months) she called me crying, he gave her herpes- and then fessed up to it after the fact.

Nice guy !
What difference does it make that he was married for a long time, once he was single again? For that matter, he could have cheated while married (who knows, maybe giving his wife herpes was the cause of divorce), or picked up an STD even before marriage. Your friend shouldn't have fallen for that line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships