Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,415 times

Advertisements

If you're a guy who screams at women while driving passed them in your car or honks or something like that...what reaction do you expect or think is fair?

I remember someone here saying that having a negative reaction makes an otherwise average girl ugly. That must mean the only thing that made her attractive was that you thought you had a chance with her..

How about just face to face hitting on a girl? Some super smooth line like "Hey, you like running?" while the girl is running or "What are you up to at the mall today, girl?" after looking her up and down 3+ times. Is there any response a girl can give except jumping right into bed with you or agreeing to a date that will lead to that where you won't think the girl is a b*tch?

I'm not asking so that I can respond differently, I do just fine (and entertain myself) with the responses I give now. And yes they are over the top b*tchy Just wondering what the point is and what guys actually expect from these attempts.

I of course want to say that I know it takes a lot to go up to a girl and start talking, nothing wrong with actually trying to start a conversation with a girl. But I'm talking about guys who say the dumbest things and say it to 50 girls a day. And as far as the honking, I'm talking about ALL those idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
Sounds like you are blessed with looks that apparently can stop guys in their tracks probably not a problem most women can relate to. I guess you look at them and if they are cute enough give a nicer response? Or are you uniform to all stupid come ons? I suspect, the truth be told you size them up as much as they do you. The reality is that neither of you will get to know anything about the merits of the other as you only look skin deep.

How about handing them your email/yahoo acct. and saying this is a second chance to make a better first impression. maybe once nerves are solved you can actually find out some of them might amount to something.

For the guys if they would have a conversation with your eyes it works much better than focusing on any other body part. (if you are abnormally large it becomes a spectacle and anyone will look, women, gay men, whatever so be fair depending on your endowments)

Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Sounds like you are blessed with looks that apparently can stop guys in their tracks probably not a problem most women can relate to. I guess you look at them and if they are cute enough give a nicer response? Or are you uniform to all stupid come ons? I suspect, the truth be told you size them up as much as they do you. The reality is that neither of you will get to know anything about the merits of the other as you only look skin deep.

How about handing them your email/yahoo acct. and saying this is a second chance to make a better first impression. maybe once nerves are solved you can actually find out some of them might amount to something.

For the guys if they would have a conversation with your eyes it works much better than focusing on any other body part. (if you are abnormally large it becomes a spectacle and anyone will look, women, gay men, whatever so be fair depending on your endowments)
Nope. Honestly, I'm average-looking and only dress slightly sexy when I'm with a group of people or my husband. That's kinda part of my point, they just do it to any random chick that's isn't repulsive. So I do think its something a lot of women can relate to. And no, I'm married so I won't be giving anyone my email adress. Even if I was single, I definetly wouldn't give someone a chance to make a 2nd (virtual) "first" impression. But like I said, this isn't about how I can change my remarks to be nicer.

And I knew that someone (or everyone, we'll see) would try to write me off by saying that I only think ugly guys are stupid and annoy me with thier pick up lines. I promise you that if I was single and a hot guy yelled something dumb at me like "hey do you like running? while I was running (especially towards the end of my workout. I'm tired, duh. You aren't thinking, just yelling. What am I supposed to do stop running and come over to you and say yeah or no while totally out of breath?) I would have the same response. Ignoring him. Give more thought to what you're going to say to me than imagining what you wish you could do to me, ya know? A non-stupid question or comment will ensure a nice conversation where I slip in that I'm married so I'm not leading you on.
Rather than
Them: "You looking good today, girl. What's up?"
Me: "No"

Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 AM

917 posts, read 2,947,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post

I used to get cat called a lot in my old neighborhood, even when I was wearing a friggin' parka- it's not a compliment, they do it to make themselves feel good and women feel bad! The guys in my neighborhood just liked to hassle women- there was no way I'd give some loser who has no better approach than "Hey baby, I like your t**s!" the time of day. I've never found anyone who acts like that attractive- just the act of cat calling makes you ugly in my book- you can bet I will judge you- you're judging me and being rude about it, so I will judge you and assume you're rude. You can look like Brad Pitt but if you cat call me, I will assume you are scum. I've never met a truly nice man who cat calls.

I generally ignore them, although I did respond one time. A guy got right up in my face and said, "Hey girl, let me introduce my face to your t**s" and I replied, "Only if I can introduce my knee to your crotch first."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships