Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,747,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Excuses? Excuses for what? I was just describing myself... And you go ahead and find a girl who likes shy quiet and short guys.
There is someone for everyone.

My husband of 28 years is 2 inches shorter than me...and I like to wear heels too......
He took a YEAR to get up the nerve to ask me out. If I knew then what I know now..I'd have asked him out a lot sooner. But some girls WANT the man to do the asking. I have 2 daughters who are beautiful young adults and they will NEVER ask a man out. As the younger one says...."Grow a set!...If they want me...they'd better be ready to show it!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Excuses? Excuses for what? I was just describing myself... And you go ahead and find a girl who likes shy quiet and short guys.
^^ That's your job, not ours. If you view your self as handicapped in the dating world before you even start then just stay put. You will never attract anyone feeling sorry for yourself or harping on your weaknesses...quiet, short, shy....it's not cute, sexy or attractive.

Every pot has it's lid....even shortstacks

Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,069,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
^^ That's your job, not ours. If you view your self as handicapped in the dating world before you even start then just stay put. You will never attract anyone feeling sorry for yourself or harping on your weaknesses...quiet, short, shy....it's not cute, sexy or attractive.

Every pot has it's lid....even shortstacks

LOL Thanks for the shortstacks! Made me chuckle! Can't rep ya.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 PM

121 posts, read 192,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post

My husband of 28 years is 2 inches shorter than me...and I like to wear heels too......
He took a YEAR to get up the nerve to ask me out. If I knew then what I know now..I'd have asked him out a lot sooner. But some girls WANT the man to do the asking. I have 2 daughters who are beautiful young adults and they will NEVER ask a man out. As the younger one says...."Grow a set!...If they want me...they'd better be ready to show it!"
But why is it always the man who has to show it then? Why can't she show any intrest in a guy? I mean personally if I dated a girl and she never showed any intrest or took any initiatives I would stop dating her... I really don't get why women have such a superiority complex over guys, it's always the guy who has to earn their love, who has to pursue the women and stuff like that. It's like women think that they never have to show any intrest or love(if in a realtionship) and should only recieve love and attention without giving anything back.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
"Women never" ... "women only" ... "why do they always" ... despite being told again and again that you're wrong.

Boring!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Here is the thing...

When you get some experience you will be able to read signs women give off.

Most of the time they are going to be polite and continue to move on with their day.

Sometimes though, if she likes you, she will make herself available. This I mean she is there in your area. She is making it easy for you to speak up and ask her something. A date, a question about something. It's your objective to see the signs and act.

I know when someone is interested or not. You should look around. There are probably women all around you twirling their hair and making eye contact and you are not even seeing it.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest not ranting on here when you are frustrated. Some individuals on here are easy to tick off. Some don't get past the surface.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,526,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post

Let me just point out that, that sort of statement is usually accompanied by a "god's gift" mentality, and neither the statement nor the mindset is attractive from my perspective.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
I mean personally if I dated a girl and she never showed any intrest or took any initiatives I would stop dating her...
Why would you be dating a woman who didn't show any interest in the first place?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:32 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,790,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Every woman I have dated approached me. I never approach.
Must be great to be you, Kramar.

BTW: you wanna go out!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM

121 posts, read 192,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Why would you be dating a woman who didn't show any interest in the first place?
I meant it as a response to "I LOVE PA", if her daughter thinks she never have to show any intrest or take any initiatives then why would any guy want to date her? Why would any guy want to date a woman who thinks she is god's gift to men? as "Chorizo" said thats just not attractive at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships