Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM

121 posts, read 192,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I did already -

whiney, woe-is-me, lack of self-esteem, absolutism (always, never), no sense of humor, assumptions rather than query, statements of facts based on faulty observations, blaming.

Plus you're short - and we all know all women are taller than you and never date shorter men and always want a muscle-man with blonde hair and blue eyes (unless he's Brad Pitt the cheater).

How about learning to like yourself for a start. When you are comfortable with who you are and like yourself, you will find that friends and woman gravitate towards you. It matters not whether you are handsome, have a scar where your mouth was slit, can dance like Fred Astaire, crack jokes like some comedian, or sing like Mario; when you like yourself, others will also.
Well the thing is you are wrong in pretty much everything except maybe absolutism, I can admit I was generalising quite a bit when I made this thread but I admitted I was wrong.

You don't know me, you have never met me. And if you had you would realise I don't feel sorry for myself, I don't whine(atleast not about women), and you really have no idea of judging my humor over the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
Dude, really?

It takes women hours just to decide what they're going to wear that night. Years to decide what they want to do with their life. Their entire lives without understanding what they want in a man.

If we let women make more decisions, nothing would happen or the plans would keep changing like crazy.

Man up, make a decision, if she doesn't like it, walk her home, NEXT!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:55 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Dude, really?

It takes women hours just to decide what they're going to wear that night. Years to decide what they want to do with their life. Their entire lives without understanding what they want in a man.

If we let women make more decisions, nothing would happen or the plans would keep changing like crazy.
Hey........! LMAO!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Dude, really?

It takes women hours just to decide what they're going to wear that night.

Ha! Now that was funny.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:20 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Must be great to be you, Kramar.

BTW: you wanna go out!
Maryland is pretty far from Florida. How about some online dating?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 AM

543 posts, read 999,692 times
Sometimes, I've hit on guys, but they get all weird and awkward and they tend to reject me with this excuse: "sorry, i just don't like when girls hit on me; I'm a guy and I'm the one who should approach, not you". Or maybe this one: "it doesn't look for such a pretty girl like you to hit on guys".

Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
Sometimes, I've hit on guys, but they get all weird and awkward and they tend to reject me with this excuse: "sorry, i just don't like when girls hit on me; I'm a guy and I'm the one who should approach, not you". Or maybe this one: "it doesn't look for such a pretty girl like you to hit on guys".
They are complete and total morons. No, I will go one further, any guy not flattered by a girls interest is simply not worthy of any girls interest. Doesn't mean a compatibility will exist just that "Wow, its nice to be attractive".

Old 05-02-2010, 04:08 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^I've gone one better. Every woman I've dated has initiated it. I NEVER have. Sure, it's not a lot, but at least I know that every single one of them was interested in me.

It's not about quantity, but quality.
From a Pickup Podcast newsletter last month. It touches on being proactive instead of sitting back and waiting for women to make the first move:

Quote:
Top 5 Reasons You Should Approach Women

1. Men initiate and move the interaction along, while a women typically pace the interaction. Men are expected to approach, which stems from their evolutionary role as a provider/protector and a hunter/gatherer. The attractive males went after what they wanted while the weaker males died off. Women are expected to filter out men. The more attractive they are, the more complex their filtering systems are.

2. You have high value if you believe you do. This is a simple concept that guys make complex. They spend years trying to figure this out. When you feel like you deserve the best, you start to act like you deserve the best. When you act like you deserve the best, you tend to get the best. You can start seeing what the world has to offer you. Find the value in other people. You can't do this if you never talk to anyone.

3. You will get rejected. Rejection is a good thing. We all get rejected. If someone tells you that they never get rejected, they are either lying or they only go for the easy ones. You can't learn if you never get rejected. It's part of the learning experience. The trick is to not let the rejection get to you. Brush it off, and move on. With the right mindset, toolbox and experience, your chances of rejection will diminish greatly.

4. Times have changed. Society has made single life more enjoyable for women. With more career choices, women aren't settling down like they used to. These days, you actually have to put in some work and effort to find and keep a quality female. If you sit and wait for girls to approach you, you'd just be settling and probably won't be too happy with what you get. [Emphasis mine.]

5. The only difference between naturally attractive men and guys who are still looking for the elusive magic pill, is that the truly confident men have approached hundreds of women. After a while, you'll be on autopilot when it comes to approaching. You'll know what to say in any situation you find yourself in with a woman.
They also have a few resources available to make this all happen:

Get Your Mojo Working For You

Pickup Podcast Episodes #110 & #111. These are all about banter.

Banter Cheat Sheet

Point #4 is why I even posted this. It's why often times guys aren't too thrilled with the women who do approach them. The typically desirable women are too busy "filtering" the guys who are after them to put in the time and effort to go after guys they want. Men are already beating down their doors. Think about it in reverse. If women were constantly throwing themselves at you then what kind of incentive would you have to ignore them and risk rejection and constantly chase women. You'd be nuts to look that gift horse in the mouth. High quality women are what you want and the generally have no reason nor need to approach. If you sit back and wait they're just gonna walk on by, typically with a proverbial line of men chasing after them.

Last edited by wigirl920; 05-02-2010 at 08:11 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Nutz,

I'm content to be single...or to be in a relationship. It doesn't really matter to me either way. If someone's interested, they'll express it. There's no rush, and I don't feel as if I'm somehow diminished if I'm not in a relationship. I really don't need others.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:27 PM

121 posts, read 192,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Try this instead. I got this from pickup podcast a while back...
It's articles like that that made me make this thread...

It's always the men that has to work to get a woman and make all the effort and to prove his worth to the woman. That article kinda encourages that that is how it's supposed to be.... When it comes to relationships women have it alot easier than men, they don't have to put in any effort in relationships, they don't have to take any initiatives(although there are those who do)´, they never have to worry about rejection. It is alot harder for a guy to find a girlfriend than for a girl to find a boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships