Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlayssa View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years now. We were in a long distance relationship for the first 2 years. After that, i moved from NY to VA to be with him. I dropped everything for him. My friends, family, school.. everything.
Anyway, after i moved here, i found out alot of stuff I didnt know, stuff he lied about to me, for over 2 yrs, to my face. Even after i confronted him, he still lied. & lied. Until i had to sit down with him for hours and pull it out of him. (im sure hes still lying bout stuff to this day btw).
So i found out that most of his female friends, he has slept with & some had relationships with. But the sex is the main thing.
Now im in the position where it reallyyy bothers me that he's still friends with them, talks to them, flirts with them... etc. It wouldnt be such a big deal if he hadnt slept with them.
I know it was before me though and it shouldnt matter, but he LIED bout it.
So every time they talk and especially see eachother, i think "wow, hes seen her naked, shes seen him naked, they had sex, and they could both be thinking about those days when they were intimate."
Its not a low-self-esteem thing either, its just that it simply bothers me alot knowing esp the fact that the girls have seen him and been with him.
I cant stress it enough!
I know its kind of selfish of me to think that way but it REALLY bothers me.
Im not sure what to do or how to change my way of thinking.

Any advice? Please, somebody!

Seriously? This is real problem in your life? I'm just thinking maybe you need a hobby or something

Bottom line, he had them, he chose you - you are obviously the one he wants - the end.

No, he should not have lied - if he did. Sounds to me more of a case of he just didn't volunteer all the info on his sexual past. Some people believe those details are private and don't need to be discussed. Or maybe he knew you well enough to know that you would overreact and he just didn't feel like dealing with the drama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 07:50 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
[quote]
Quote:
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years now. We were in a long distance relationship for the first 2 years. After that, i moved from NY to VA to be with him. I dropped everything for him. My friends, family, school.. everything.
Anyway, after i moved here, i found out alot of stuff I didnt know, stuff he lied about to me, for over 2 yrs, to my face. Even after i confronted him, he still lied. & lied. Until i had to sit down with him for hours and pull it out of him. (im sure hes still lying bout stuff to this day btw).
So i found out that most of his female friends, he has slept with & some had relationships with. But the sex is the main thing.
Now im in the position where it reallyyy bothers me that he's still friends with them, talks to them, flirts with them... etc. It wouldnt be such a big deal if he hadnt slept with them.
I know it was before me though and it shouldnt matter, but he LIED bout it.
So every time they talk and especially see eachother, i think "wow, hes seen her naked, shes seen him naked, they had sex, and they could both be thinking about those days when they were intimate."
Its not a low-self-esteem thing either, its just that it simply bothers me alot knowing esp the fact that the girls have seen him and been with him.
I cant stress it enough!

Any advice? Please, somebody![/quote]
Yes, immediately work on moving back. Your insecurities will kill this relationship. No reason to drop your entire life for this.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:55 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
[quote=max's mama;13917788]
Quote:

Yes, immediately work on moving back. Your insecurities will kill this relationship. No reason to drop your entire life for this.

Ditto.

You can claim to not be insecure but if you're not describing someone else, then you are insecure. Time to head home or into therapy.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Once a liar always a liar. The reason I say that, if he lies to your face about stuff in the past, what makes you think he will be honest now? Just my opinion, I would dump him.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
My suggestion: as you can see from this schedule, a bus departs from Richmond, VA to New York City at 7:30 am every day. Or, if you like the rails, Amtrak has multiple trains per day from Virginia to New York City.

Pack your bags and leave that lying sack of sh*t behind.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
Pack your bags and leave. There is no way to trust this guy. He lied long distance, he lied in person. Spend no more time on this one.
I'm sorry.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
I cant stress it enough!

Any advice? Please, somebody!
I'm inclined to agree with those who suggest that you move back to NY.

However, did he tell you why he lied?

Believe me, I'm not excusing dishonesty. I couldn't stay with someone who lied to me about that kind of thing, myself.

BUT, the way you are thinking up all of these scenarios in your head (like the one I quoted above) makes me wonder if he picked up on your insecurity and lied either to spare your feelings or just plain not have to deal with the way you're reacting now.

How can I say this gently? The fact is that no matter who you end up with, chances are pretty high that the man will have been with other women before you. It's generally a good thing when a man stays on good terms with his exes. It means a) that he is grown up enough to handle a break-up, b) he doesn't have a taste for psychos, and c) he is basically a good guy since women still want to be friends with him after he broke their hearts/he can forgive them after breaking his.

So, even if this relationship doesn't work out because of your current guy's lying, you might want to file what I've said away for future reference. You may very well find yourself in another situation where a man introduces you to a friend he used to date.

Last edited by Yzette; 04-26-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: I can haz grammar?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,355 times
I'm confused. What exactly is he lying about? Did he sleep with them while you are dating? Or was it that he has "past" before you?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,712,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
However, did he tell you why he lied?

Believe me, I'm not excusing dishonesty. I couldn't stay with someone who lied to me about that kind of thing, myself.

BUT, the way you are thinking up all of these scenarios in your head (like the one I quoted above) makes me wonder if he picked up on your insecurity and lied either to spare your feelings or just plain not have to deal with the way you're reacting now.
That's why I asked if it was a lie of omission (he just never bothered to mention it) or if she asked point-blank whether they'd slept together and he said "no". If it was a lie of omission, while he still shouldn't have done it I'd give him a little more leeway. If he could tell that it would bother her this much, I don't half blame him for "forgetting" to bring it up. It happened before they were together (if I'm reading her right), and it's the sort of thing that a good number of girls would get upset about, so I can see where a guy would just not want to deal with it.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If this guy is really the habitual liar you paint him as, I would be making plans to get him out of my life. There are people who would rather lie than tell the truth and IMO this is the core issue, not the fact that he is still friends with his former girlfriends. You already know you can't believe a word he says.....about anything. Habitual lying is not to be taken lightly.

Google "compulsive liar".
This ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships