Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Look at Madonna, it can be done.......
Yes it can. But lets not forget that she is a millionare that gets paid to look good. She has personal trainers, plastic surgeons and personal chefs. She eats perfect and works out daily. And Id bet just about anything when she takes her clothes off she doesnt look all that perfect. Probably still good though.

I wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Yes it can. But lets not forget that she is a millionare that gets paid to look good. She has personal trainers, plastic surgeons and personal chefs. She eats perfect and works out daily. And Id bet just about anything when she takes her clothes off she doesnt look all that perfect. Probably still good though.

I wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers.
I bet she's pretty damn amazing in bed too, just quietly.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Now if only we could identify where I suggested 40 year old men will be bonding with 16 year old girls. Then those points would really be something.
Hello again. I apologize for implying that you referred to 40-year-old men. I was remembering an article that someone posted (I thought that was you, but I must be mistaken) that talked about why older men are ideal mates for younger women. It's not the article you just posted. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything unique enough about that post where I can find it again. I was off on a tangent.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hello, Gwynedd. You're right, I am not following the rationale. You spoke of emperors and men of merit, but a 22-year-old man is not likely to be successful or even particularly mature. Being able to pick out a bottle of wine is moot when your date cannot legally drink--wouldn't you agree?

Your link recommends a 14-year difference, by the way, which would make a 16-year-old's ideal mate 30, not 22.
JustJulia,

My quote:

Things change and I don't expect a 15 year age difference to be a norm, but what we are doing now does not seem natural.

I have no idea why you skipped over my qualification.

Men are intitially attracted to youth in females and this is linked with their tendency to bond with women, then their bond is overriding. Was I suggesting pre-industrial Finnish societies were the gold standard?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM

164 posts, read 568,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Uh sorry but men age much much better than women on average. Says who??? You are probably a male and delusional I do agree that some women are aging better than they used to. There are some really hot 40somethings out there. But take it from me they look better with their clothes on than off.
And you have seen them without clothes on???? I beg to differ! Woman age much better than men these days. I am 37 and let me tell you, most men have beer bellies, are balding but they still seem to think they are gods gift, it's hilarious

Old 04-28-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
A stud of course.

For sleeping with "sluts"??? Don't have to be a stud for that. Sad maybe? Btw what right have you got to call these girls sluts? You are the biggest one for sleeping with people you look down on!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
I was just about to say this. Those women are celebs where the "average" women I see 35+ just does not seem to care anymore. A lot blame it on having kids and then think men should be understanding of that.
I think a big part of the falling apart is this-when most women have a nice body (big butt, nice boobs), these things grew naturally, most likely by senior or junior year in HS. When men have a nice body, its because they had to work for it, it doesnt just show up. With that in mind, men know what they have to do to maintain it, while women think that hot body will last forever.
Plus men still look good with grey hair or rocking a bald head. When women start graying or losing their hair, the attractiveness starts to wane.
Uhhhh...no they don't!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi robee70,

Now if only we could identify where I suggested 40 year old men will be bonding with 16 year old girls. Then those points would really be something.
Gwynedd, the majority of my posts on this thread are a reaction to some 30+ year old men, justifying acting on their "male biological imperative to spread their seed" with a girl who has reached the age of fertility (whether that be 16 or younger ) as long as she remains at the age of consent.

Now if you don't ascribe to this school of thought, then most of my posts don't apply to you. BTW: If you read my posts, I'm surprised you didn't see what I was referring to?

As far as the article you linked to, it stated that the optimal age gap in marriage between the 17th-19th century (based on maximum reproduction in a lifetime) was between 14-15 years, but in actuality the average age gap of marriages was only 3 years.

Today, reproduction is no longer the focus of every relationship, so this research is not as relevant. I do think that nature isn't always fair. I do believe that as women age they begin to lose their relative advantage (youth, beauty, fertility) while men tend to gain it (financial success, maturity, status). So maybe we have nothing to argue about?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
For sleeping with "sluts"??? Don't have to be a stud for that. Sad maybe? Btw what right have you got to call these girls sluts? You are the biggest one for sleeping with people you look down on!
That was when I was younger. I am a changed man now.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,467,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
What is with the attraction to younger girls? I dont get it so maybe someone can let me in on the secret. Why do some guys like younger girls. By younger girls im talking about 16-21 year olds. I can understand being attracted to them when you are that age but I dont understand what is so attractive about them when you are 30 years old. Is it the innocent factor? Is the forbidden? not trying to diss anyone, just asking a serious question.
I don't know... maybe some guys are pigs? Maybe some guys like naive girls who don't know a creep when they see one AND they have a body to go with it? Maybe they know older women won't put up with their crap? Just speculating...

Oh, and I'm referring to older guys dating YOUNG girls like 16-19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships