Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
And you have seen them without clothes on???? I beg to differ! Woman age much better than men these days. I am 37 and let me tell you, most men have beer bellies, are balding but they still seem to think they are gods gift, it's hilarious [/b]
Uh not sure what planet thats on but ok. And yes I have seen many 30 and 40+ women without clothes on. They usually look much hotter with them on. Clothes hide a lot. But hey no ones perfrect.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
And you have seen them without clothes on???? I beg to differ! Woman age much better than men these days. I am 37 and let me tell you, most men have beer bellies, are balding but they still seem to think they are gods gift, it's hilarious [/b]

Hi katie73,

I see just as many women in poor shape. The real issue is men can father children in their 50s which means women who found older men attractive were not genetically punished to the same degree a man was. Men who had the hots for post menopausal women can't reproduce. The other tricks of nature include:

Women's Skin Ages Faster Than Men's - Health News - redOrbit

Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Gwynedd, the majority of my posts on this thread are a reaction to some 30+ year old men, justifying acting on their "male biological imperative to spread their seed" with a girl who has reached the age of fertility (whether that be 16 or younger ) as long as she remains at the age of consent.

Now if you don't ascribe to this school of thought, then most of my posts don't apply to you. BTW: If you read my posts, I'm surprised you didn't see what I was referring to?

As far as the article you linked to, it stated that the optimal age gap in marriage between the 17th-19th century (based on maximum reproduction in a lifetime) was between 14-15 years, but in actuality the average age gap of marriages was only 3 years.

Today, reproduction is no longer the focus of every relationship, so this research is not as relevant. I do think that nature isn't always fair. I do believe that as women age they begin to lose their relative advantage (youth, beauty, fertility) while men tend to gain it (financial success, maturity, status). So maybe we have nothing to argue about?

Hi robee70,

I am simply explaining why. Dieters don't eat what they crave. That's the conflict. There is not a thing that can be done about cravings other than managing them. Women do not have these cravings but they have others(see rock stars).

Reproduction is the focus of every relationship. You are simply ridding on the coattails of sexual desire. Sex is tantamount to reproductive organs. I can enjoy eating, but without the underlying benefit of nutrition the pleasure would not exist.

I have spent much of my life avoiding short term fixes for my sensual drives. However I did that by identifying them accurately. We will get nowhere trying to pretend what the male sex drive is. Men are going to find young women attractive. What they do with that drive including how much of a benefit it will be is another thing entirely. With old men, you will be looking at children with no fathers in their 20s and 30s. Either way what will happen is those couples that make more babies will make human beings that tend to have their drives. That selective pressure does not go away.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:06 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,108 times
Quote:
Just some of the posters here really creep me out. It's perfectly normal for a young girl to become sexually active in high school, but hopefully it's with someone closer to her age.
Now ask yourself "why?" while at the same time remembering that until a century or 2 ago young women were married and having kids/full families by the time they were 20 or so.

If it wasn't for a century of feminism's shaming techniques more men would be settling down with younger women than we see today. Quite frankly that's normal and natural.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1491171/

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...sband-and-wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Its a concept we call "love". Hookup culture and clubbing doesn't facilitate this feeling. Therefore the longer women hookup, the longer they remain a short term sexual commodity.
Interesting point. It also coincides with the findings that those who have a lot of partners are less likely to find happiness in long term monogamous relationships. There seems to be a feedback look in this and what you're saying. In other words, settle down sooner rather than later if you want long term relationship bliss. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be to find someone willing to do the same, and the less likely you'll be happy with the person you end up with.

Quote:
Hi robee70,

Our mate selection is due to an artifact of the educational system. We are exposed to the same age until college. Yet an 18 year old girl could possibly turn the head of an emperor. An 18 year old boy is a joke to a 25 year woman.

Things change and I don't expect a 15 year age difference to be a norm, but what we are doing now does not seem natural. After college, age gaps certainly appear. I hear girls complain all the time at the lack of male maturity. Its probably because its true at a younger age. It became obvious to me when I took a 2 year break between college. In my last 2 years I was 22-24 and was about 2-4 years older than other students. I know women liked me for that reason. Instead of being drunk under a keg, I could pick out a bottle of wine.

What Is the Best Age Difference for Husband and Wife?: Scientific American

The reason is simple economics. Men are sexually worthless. The only worth a man has is by merit. Men need time. At the same age in highs school only boys of very high status succeed which is why the ratios of attractive girls and boys are so lopsided. Probably only about 10-20% of boys are attractive where it should naturally be double that number.

This puts all the power in the hands of a few high status males who can set the sexual standards. With such little supply of attractive men, they can demand a hook up culture. High school boys are setting the cultural standard. The dearth of men in colleges with the same age problem just extends this out another 4 years. That is why college is also a hook up culture.

The bottom line is the co-ed educational system is a bit of hell for girls scrambling for slim pickings and other young men feeling completely emasculated.
This is a great example of what I've been talking about regarding gender dynamics. Props to you! Furthermore, the same dynamic is at play in colleges around the country. Even with age gaps, there are fewer and fewer guys to go around. At the end of the day you're right back to high school with a handful of alphas having harems with the choice females and all the rest of the guys fighting for the scraps. This article touches on that:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fa...html?ref=style

They don't really point it out, but it's there--even with the lower number of boys the girls are still dismissing a large percentage out of hand. This article covers it in more detail:

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/02...ath-on-campus/

Last edited by Nutz76; 04-28-2010 at 12:28 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 12:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Now ask yourself "why?" while at the same time remembering that until a century or 2 ago young women were married and having kids/full families by the time they were 20 or so.
Yes, that was very understandable. Look at the average human lifespan throughout history: until recently (less than 100 years ago), you were lucky to live to 40. People had to hurry up and make babies before they died.

Life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
If it wasn't for a century of feminism's shaming techniques more men would be settling down with younger women than we see today. Quite frankly that's normal and natural. Women hate hate HATE competition for alpha males and young, fertile, supple young things are far more attractive than women 10-15 years older. It should be no surprise that feminists would want to put a stop to men going for the younger women. Luckily for some other countries they didn't fall victim to this trap. Look at countries where young women "marry up" to older men on a regular basis. Families are intact, decadence is at a minimum, and people respect each other.
Do you really believe the feminists' shaming techniques are what's keeping men from settling down? You don't think the current sex culture has anything to with that? You're the guy who posted in another thread about how you like to go out with a stripper on each arm, aren't you?

As for "putting a stop to the younger women," please be more specific about what you mean by "younger." If you are talking about girls in their mid-teens, you can't blame feminists for passing the age of consent laws. There are a lot of people behind those.

And please define "older men" too. What ages are you talking about?

Quote:
Interesting point. It also coincides with the findings that those who have a lot of partners are less likely to find happiness in long term monogamous relationships. There seems to be a feedback look in this and what you're saying. In other words, settle down sooner rather than later if you want long term relationship bliss. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be to find someone willing to do the same, and the less likely you'll be happy with the person you end up with.
Wait. I thought you wanted older men to mate with younger women. Are the older men not having sex until they are older and ready to marry? If not, isn't that impeding their ability to enjoy long-term monogamy? Or are only the women supposed to remain chaste?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Hi robee70,

I am simply explaining why. Dieters don't eat what they crave. That's the conflict. There is not a thing that can be done about cravings other than managing them. Women do not have these cravings but they have others(see rock stars).

Reproduction is the focus of every relationship. You are simply ridding on the coattails of sexual desire. Sex is tantamount to reproductive organs. I can enjoy eating, but without the underlying benefit of nutrition the pleasure would not exist.

I have spent much of my life avoiding short term fixes for my sensual drives. However I did that by identifying them accurately. We will get nowhere trying to pretend what the male sex drive is. Men are going to find young women attractive. What they do with that drive including how much of a benefit it will be is another thing entirely. With old men, you will be looking at children with no fathers in their 20s and 30s. Either way what will happen is those couples that make more babies will make human beings that tend to have their drives. That selective pressure does not go away.
I think this has been covered endlessly on other threads and I have nothing new and valuable to add. As human beings we all seek to maximize our pleasure, but yet need to consider the morals, ethics and consequences imposed on us by a society made up of humans, just like us... Fair or not... such is life.

So if controlling your "short-term fixes" is fancy speak for keeping it in your pants when you see a hot teenager, then...

Old 04-28-2010, 12:38 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, that was very understandable. Look at the average human lifespan throughout history: until recently (less than 100 years ago), you were lucky to live to 40. People had to hurry up and make babies before they died.

Life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you really believe the feminists' shaming techniques are what's keeping men from settling down? You don't think the current sex culture has anything to with that? You're the guy who posted in another thread about how you like to go out with a stripper on each arm, aren't you?

As for "putting a stop to the younger women," please be more specific about what you mean by "younger." If you are talking about girls in their mid-teens, you can't blame feminists for passing the age of consent laws. There are a lot of people behind those.

And please define "older men" too. What ages are you talking about?

Wait. I thought you wanted older men to mate with younger women. Are the older men not having sex until they are older and ready to marry? If not, isn't that impeding their ability to enjoy long-term monogamy? Or are only the women supposed to remain chaste?
+1000000 to you, Thank you JJ
You are obviously better at this than me

Nutz, as Julia said, women married earlier and the large age gap was based on maximum reproduction. We live in an era where women are not pushing out a baby every year, and I'm sure men are equally grateful for that.

Last edited by robee70; 04-28-2010 at 01:05 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Quote:
So if controlling your "short-term fixes" is fancy speak for keeping it in your pants when you see a hot teenager, then...
what I find funny thru out this discussion is the presumption that hot teen girls are really interested in 30+ guys. to 99% of them it'd be a big eeewwwww.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM

164 posts, read 568,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
what I find funny thru out this discussion is the presumption that hot teen girls are really interested in 30+ guys. to 99% of them it'd be a big eeewwwww.
LOL, they used to CREEP me out, yuck! As if

Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships