Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times

Advertisements

Im dead. I just know it. I forgot our anniversary. This is perhaps the lowest most terrible feeling I have ever had in my life. Six years (and two days ago) I got married to the most beautiful woman/mom/friend/parter in the galaxy. I am terrible at remembering any dates (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) but I never thought Id forget this day.

If you guys dont see any posts from me, the rest of the day, have the mods change my profile to "Eternal Member" because I am sure to be dead.

I am open to any advice that may keep me out of the dog house. Maybe need to head over to the BMW or Mini dealer before she wakes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Six years (and two days ago) I got married to the most beautiful woman/mom/friend/parter in the galaxy.
Dude. Your anniversary isn't today--it was two days ago? You're a dead man. Good luck.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 AM

556 posts, read 2,086,788 times
Print this post and show it to the most beautiful woman/mom/friend/partner in the galaxy.....honesty is always the best policy -and if you are terrible at remembering dates - she KNOWS THIS

Schedule a date with her to honor your anniversary and ask her to put a big red heart on your frig next year - a week before 'the day' - it takes two these days....and I bet the most beautiful woman/mom/friend/partner in the galaxy wouldn't mind helping her man out on this

You sound like a keeper - and a typical man that isn't nearly as plugged into 'dates' as us gals are! And if a trip through the dog house is in order - play along - you'll be out soon enough

Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
LOL!

Just be honest. Apologize. And then go all out with extra effort to show her how you really feel.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
OMG, you're not perfect

Ha, good luck on placating the wife.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
LOL!

Just be honest. Apologize. And then go all out with extra effort to show her how you really feel.
I agree. Don't try the "I was waiting for the diamonds to be delivered to the jeweler" excuse. Fess up, beg for forgiveness, and buy her something very pretty. Also realize that she may remind you about this for the rest of your life, even if only to tease you about it.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
I am physically ill (to the point of throwing up) over this. I kept a framed copy of the wedding invitations we sent out and put it up on our home office wall just so I wont forget. Havent worked in the office in a couple of weeks because Ive been in other parts of the house following and watching our 2year old as she plays.

I hope she understands. Actually, I think she'll understand because she knows rememberingdates are my weakness. I'll be honest with her. Just hope I can make it up to her.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Just tell her that the drugs you took just wore off. Swear to make it up to her.

We aren't big on celebrating our anniversary (Except next year, our twentieth, which will be celebrated in Paris). However, my wife was visiting her parents once on our anniversary and I was so busy that day I simply forgot to call. Whooo-boy. So I went to Saks and bought her a really nice set of pearls. That helped.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Im dead. I just know it. I forgot our anniversary. This is perhaps the lowest most terrible feeling I have ever had in my life. Six years (and two days ago) I got married to the most beautiful woman/mom/friend/parter in the galaxy. I am terrible at remembering any dates (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) but I never thought Id forget this day.

If you guys dont see any posts from me, the rest of the day, have the mods change my profile to "Eternal Member" because I am sure to be dead.

I am open to any advice that may keep me out of the dog house. Maybe need to head over to the BMW or Mini dealer before she wakes up.
That's terrible, Lao.

Here's the best punishment for you - got to Burger King and get fat

Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:

Prepare something for the entire weekend and then say "hey, baby, this was so special that I wanted you to have two whole days to enjoy ________" (spa, exclusive dinner, being her slave, whatever it takes LOL).

.... well, yeah. Dead Man Walking here xD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships