Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 PM

76 posts, read 126,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Oh, how very human you are. Tragic and comic at the same time.

In any case, this may not may the proper forum for your postings. It seems you have no desire for any type of relationship.

Since I know how very young you are, and just how very intelligent and sensitive, I'll only ask you one more time: if all of your posts are authentic, AND you think you may want to live just to see how things turn out, consider professional help. Someone might have something to offer you that you can't find online or in a book.
Well in essence this IS about relationships. That is where evolutionary psychology is most obvious in daily life. While it is true I have no human relations, I'm still affected by the sexual stock market, the same way someone who owns no stock can be ruined by a crash.

Psychologists are humans like the rest of us, driven by the reptilian urges for sex and power and domination. There career choice is just there way of gaining domination in the Darwinian game. So I don't see therapists as some elite priestly caste free from evopsych. I don't want to be "fixed" into better being able to play the evolutionary game.

Since everyone here accepts the basic premises of evopsych, I ask how do YOU folks deal with it? Or do you all just accept the game, and try to be the winner? IF thats the case, then maybe your right and there can not be any dialogue between me and humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 10:31 PM

7,117 posts, read 9,156,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
Murdoch's theoretical journal which is the official ideology of America and thus the entire world has endorsed the evopsych worldview: The New Dating Game | The Weekly Standard
Who says so? That article is meandering, pointless drivel. If that is your idea of philosophy you need to find better material.

Quote:
I feel nothing for disgust for humanity. But thats what the Darwinian struggle for existence. Brutality is the only virtue. I'm what the Nazis would call life unworthy of life. Even if your content to be a lifelong virgin girls rewarding "bad boy" traits still affects the world you live in. I could not be more repulsed by humanity which is why I have cut myself off in complete isolation for nearly a year now.
Back at you. You feel nothing but disgust for humanity. What are YOU? Are YOU not human? Think about it.

You say you cut yourself off? Really? Did humanity notice? Actually, humanity did. Your parents, also human, obviously concerned, noticed and are taking the appropriate action. Believe me that is a hard step for them.

Quote:
How do you endure this world? And what is your advice for me?
Each day ask yourself how you can help someone. Then GO OUT and look for someone to help. Start small, even helping someone find their lost keys can be helpful. SMILE at someone else and listen to THEIR problems.

Think about it. If you help someone be happier, then the average of human happiness goes up by a fraction. BTW a good place to find people to help would be at a job. So get a job, any job to start.

That's my advice for you.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 AM

The Darwinian-Nietzschean struggle for existence means eat or be eaten, kill or be killed, harm or be harmed. I wish simply to neither dominate nor be dominated. But that is far too much to ask in this world on both counts.

I have no harmed anyone, except maybe my parents. My dad says I should be "altrusitic" and recover for my mom's sake.

First off my parents committed a massive injustice on me by bringing me into this cruel world just to satisfy that monster gene- Moloch.

Second them keeping me alive, is just their genes following their selfish interest to reproduce. I represent a major investment in their genes survival. My fall means a major decrease in their genese reproducing. So that is all there is to their so-called generosity to me. The longer they keep me fed, the longer the opportunity there is for me to pass their genes on. Granted thats a pretty miniscule chance for grandkids hiding and crying in the basement, but its higher than the chances if I starved on the street.

So what gratitude should I have to the selfish gene? The "altruism" in feeding and housing me is just the flip side of the selfishness of birthing me into an incredibly hellish universe.

Humanity wants to drive itself off a cliff. I listed my objections. Much wiser men than me have listed them in thick textbooks. Humanity wont listen to the wise men and certainly not to me. So fine. I have said my peace. Let humanity drive off the cliff, but I want no part in the adventure.

What good would having a girlfriend do me? Is the chimpanzee in me supposed to rejoice that as low as I may be in the hierarchy, I still have someone below me who I can hurt, torment, dominate and abuse?

I have no problem being driven out of the sexual marketplace. The problem is what "service" are we competing for? And it seems in the sexual market it is who can be the most brutal and cruel. Evopsych says getting a girlfriend comes down to demonstrating cruelty, domination, brutality, and sadism.

That is all I see in male-female relations and PUa science backs up my personal observations.

Last edited by enamdar; 05-01-2010 at 04:40 AM..

Old 05-01-2010, 05:38 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,674,953 times
Evolutionary psychology is a bunch of hooey. Not verifiable, not falsifiable, not proven through scientific experimentation, reliant on confirmation, rather than refutation, ignorant of anthropology and history, American-centric, and centered on telling people what they want to hear. Possibly the only school of "thought" (and it's "thought" only in the academic sense) that still gets away with billing itself a "science" while flushing the scientific method down the toilet. A "science" whose aim is to construct a sciencey-sounding backing to sexist stereotypes and beliefs is no better than the "sciences" that were used to characterize whole races and ethnicities as "subhuman". I predict that in a not too-distant future, it will be snickered at just like we are snickering today at pseudosciences of the past.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Evolutionary psychology is a bunch of hooey. Not verifiable, not falsifiable, not proven through scientific experimentation, reliant on confirmation, rather than refutation, ignorant of anthropology and history, American-centric, and centered on telling people what they want to hear. Possibly the only school of "thought" (and it's "thought" only in the academic sense) that still gets away with billing itself a "science" while flushing the scientific method down the toilet. A "science" whose aim is to construct a sciencey-sounding backing to sexist stereotypes and beliefs is no better than the "sciences" that were used to characterize whole races and ethnicities as "subhuman". I predict that in a not too-distant future, it will be snickered at just like we are snickering today at pseudosciences of the past.
Well I am agnostic to whether or not PUA science is objectively true. Certainly there is strong empirical evidence that it is not. But what is truth? Evopsych is the dominant ideology in America, and the US rules the world. Power creates its own truth. Evopsych may very well end up in the dustbin of history. But I see no seeds of this development or a challenge, and if it is going to be True for my lifetime, then in that most important sense it IS true.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:09 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,008,222 times
Quote:
Well in essence this IS about relationships. That is where evolutionary psychology is most obvious in daily life. While it is true I have no human relations, I'm still affected by the sexual stock market, the same way someone who owns no stock can be ruined by a crash.

Psychologists are humans like the rest of us, driven by the reptilian urges for sex and power and domination. There career choice is just there way of gaining domination in the Darwinian game. So I don't see therapists as some elite priestly caste free from evopsych. I don't want to be "fixed" into better being able to play the evolutionary game.

Since everyone here accepts the basic premises of evopsych, I ask how do YOU folks deal with it? Or do you all just accept the game, and try to be the winner? IF thats the case, then maybe your right and there can not be any dialogue between me and humanity.
Wow. You may be too far gone. I do what I do because I love it, not because I enjoy the power I feel over other people. I'm not a psychologist, but I often meet people on the very worst day of their lives. You're very bright, but you're also in your early twenties and haven't seen much of the world. You can't learn everything from reading books and online philosophy.

I wish you the best.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:32 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,371,642 times
Quote:

You accept things you cannot change.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:54 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,201,313 times
Quote:

Oh well it is raining out and I have a moment to waste.

Your Basic parameters are wrong. Not everybody excepts the premises of evopsych. Since we do not accept it as being valid and many of us have lived a long life and have seen far more than you can imagine, we do not deal with its false ideas. We do not accept that it is only a game of strong and weak. Is there some of that in the World? Why yes, that is why humankind invented Culture and Civilization. It is not a case of being a Winner or Loser, that is 2 dimensional thinking either yes or no, black or white. Instead their is a whole rainbow of options to choose from.

You can not have a dialog with humanity, humanity has no voice. You can have a dialog with individual people that make up humanity. Each and everyone of them will be different with differing Talents, skills, likes and dislikes. You can comfort yourself with delusions but in the end it matters not. So get out of your Basement, off the computer and start exploring the World in Real life. Laugh, cry and learn to survive.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Maybe I'm too influenced by the dark post-apocalyptic hellish world painted by Nutz76. I mean I think thats what I saw at Frat U. But I don't even have any male friends. So I guess I could say that any guy who has male friends, has them because he is so cruel, brutish, sadistic, and cavemen and thus enslaves guys into being his friends.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,371,642 times
you need help. you sound depressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships