Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

Do you go to a social event and not walk away having had a good time? I'm talking everything from a music concert to a party.

As for me I mostly look back on them in a positive light
(Of course there is always some exceptions ).
You just have to make the effort and go, even if for whatever reason you don't feel like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
I didn't have the best time at the Coyotes game, last night. I did stay and cheer them on after the game was over, and thank them for the season.

I would say close to 95%, good times.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
I hate overcrowded places. I think im claustrophobic or something because if there are too many people i get nautious. I know my spelling sucks.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,516 times
Not into the whole party thing anymore... but if i go to a concert, a play, or something else its usually pretty fun.
Always entertaining to watch someone else express their creativity.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
i always have a good time

Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
I almost always have a good time. There are those few occasions where my attendance is obligatory (Such as fundraisers and the like), but even then I manage to find people to talk to.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
As someone who is a little anti-social , not great with crowds and extremely shy most social events are more of an endurance test for me than anything.

I force myself to go so I don't become a hermit freak who smell of cats ( I havent' got cats ... yet) but Hubby is certainly more sociable than I am . Not by that much but definitely more comfortable with people.

I personally feel at my most comfortable with up to about 5 people when I can have a true one to one conversation. I loathe small talk, despise gossip and find it dificult to integrate with people who find mindless talk about mindless topics entertaining.

Oddly enough I always do well when I travel when I seem to relax and always enjoy meeting new people. But large groups freak me out. I start to get panic and anxiety attacks and to feel claustrophobic. Not a great fan of parties of large events like rock concerts or sports games. I love the event, hate the crowd sort of thing.

We had 11 people at our Wedding and that borderline for me !

I am a loner at heart and quite enjoy peace and quiet and the silence that comes with being on one's own.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
I feel this away about social events. If someone takes the time to invite me, I'm going to go and make the best of it. If it was something arranged myself and find it to be unbearable, I'll leave and in either case, I have only myself to blame for not having a good time. I think life should be fun, no matter the situation - you just have to make the best of it. So yes, to answer your question - I am almost always able to look back and see something positive in the experience and if not, it makes for great stories later on while venting about it LOL

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
As I've gotten older, unfortunately I developed a been there done that attitude and don't go out much anymore. Prefer a few beers in my local pub.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Unless it's a concert or event I really, really want to go to - I avoid crowded venues and places. I try to visit stores on "off" times.

When me and my boyfriend receive an invitation to a party, nowadays I go with no expectations. We just go and see what happens. If it turns out to be a good time, then great. If it turns out awful, we try to slip out early if we can. We take into consideration who invited us, where the gathering is being held, etc.

There are times when you can control what happens to yourself. Then there's others when you can't.

It depends if it's with friends or with family. Sometimes you're forced to go to something that you really don't want to be part of, and you have to be a good sport about it. There's no one answer that fits all - it's somewhat complicated. What it comes down to is you can only control yourself and your reaction to things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships