Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makenosense View Post
i dated 2 men without pictures on profile, they turned out to be above average looking guys.
the only reason they didn't put up pictures because they were kinda " public figures" and didn't want other people to see they are doing online dating.
Never date a married politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM

494 posts, read 890,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
There is opportunities for love on CL. I just didn't have the dating skills to turn it into something
You mean you don't have the life skills to make anything of your life.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
You mean you don't have the life skills to make anything of your life.
I have fetish skills

Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,642 times
Even if they're required to post a photo how would anyone know that the pic was really of that person.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,516 times
Quote:
It is so annoying to get a message and go in to open up their profile only to see no Photo. If people can't show who they are because of certain jobs then they shouldn't be on there. I don't pay money to get messages from a person with no picture.

A Dating profile without a picture is a Resume without a Name and Address. Why be on the site if people can't see who you are?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Pictures actually turn me off. They should allow you to upload a 3 minute video audition of yourself, like when you apply for the Real World.

Pictures are so wooden and scary looking. I like taking pictures of things and places to remind me of things. I like taking pictures of people in a setting where I can remember them.
Several sites have the video option.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
OP should give this a try:

Random Thoughts: 11 « Playing the Devil's Advocate

I like it. It's direct, honest, and straight to the point. It's also in line with a type of advertising/price negotiation which the name of escapes me at the moment. Basically you set the bar high, stick to it, and eventually people will rise to meet it if you give off the impression you're worth it, which setting the bar so high reinforces.
Funny but that does seem to work.
I put something like that up more to the tune that I was looking to move in with a woman and do the domestic stuff if she took care of me and gave an allowance.

I got quite a few serious emails from nice looking older women.

Wish I would have saved them but that was like in 08.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:53 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Quote:
I have fetish skills
Oh, I don't think so. I think you have fetish WANTS - but it takes little skill to lie there on the floor while someone walks on you.

It takes little skill to scream and holler after you've had your "family jewels" (in your case "family stones") trampled or kicked.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:44 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Another worthy read on the subject. It echos some of the sentiment of the OKCupid article I posted the other day:

Online Dating is Futile « Citizen Renegade

Personally I think they should limit how many people you can contact per week or month. That alone would greatly reduce the spamming and mitigate some of the points discussed in the articles.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Oh, I don't think so. I think you have fetish WANTS - but it takes little skill to lie there on the floor while someone walks on you.

It takes little skill to scream and holler after you've had your "family jewels" (in your case "family stones") trampled or kicked.
hmmm!!!!!!, I take it you have TRAMPLING EXPERIENCE?????

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships