Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 AM

684 posts, read 823,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
happens a million times. it's nothing new. they will swear it's only the 'immature' men that do that well in that case -- lots and lots of immature out there for so many women to have experienced this.

more are prone to this kind of thing then not, that's for sure.
Well, it's actually more likely that the type of men who are more likely to do this are a type(Not the type) more likely to approach women.

It takes courage to risk rejection - Or a wall of self-defense around you, which could be achieved by blaming the woman who rejects you.

Women tend not to approach men, and certainly not in the numbers that men do. Men simply have to. Those without real self-esteem have to develop defense mechanisms to handle it.

I have a trick, too: Be really, really, Zoolander-esque attractive.

It works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,929,115 times
I used to do that but Im more mature now. It just hurt getting rejected so I used to lash out.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,712,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Well, it's actually more likely that the type of men who are more likely to do this are a type(Not the type) more likely to approach women.

It takes courage to risk rejection - Or a wall of self-defense around you, which could be achieved by blaming the woman who rejects you.

Women tend not to approach men, and certainly not in the numbers that men do. Men simply have to. Those without real self-esteem have to develop defense mechanisms to handle it.

I have a trick, too: Be really, really, Zoolander-esque attractive.

It works for me.
I'm not feeling sorry for him in this scenario, I could care less he has problems approaching women. That doesn't give carte blanche to start hurling insults and embarrassing the woman in public. But they will do this and they didn't seem so low and self esteem depleted to me. So yea right.

and I never seen Zoolander

Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
No different from the "You must be gay anyway" when you reject a female
That happened to me once, a long time ago. After I politely turned her down, I just looked at her while she angrily said what she wanted to say (including the "gay" line), and then I walked away and went on about my business. I could tell that she probably didn't mean much of the vitriol she said...her feelings were just hurt and she lashed out.

If a woman makes an advance on me and I'm not attracted to her, I'm probably going to reject (nicely of course). Otherwise both of our times would just be wasted.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,891,796 times
People show you who they really are. Just because you get rejected does not mean that you have to be hostile and angry. When someone acts crazy I think thank God that this person showed me who he really was besides the : Hey beautiful....... You're so sweet.... etc. which means I say what I think women want to hear but I really don't respect you or regard your feelings as important.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,426,743 times
these are the types that think they are getting somewhere (or something) because you decided to give them a shot. they are not treating you as people, they are treating you as objects that can be moved around an manipulated until they give you enough of what they perceive you want. they feel like you owe them something in return for going out of their way to try and buy your affection off.

not much you can do but move on and laugh about it later.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,066,641 times
I know I'm the only one in this camp with this belief, so everybody will disagree with me, but in my opinion to the women, suck it up. If men have to put themsleves out on the line 90% of the time than you'll just have to deal with our reactions. It ain't easy what we do, and don't act like women have never been rude to men when we try to approach either. I think most of us men have suffered an embarrasing rejection or two, so I don't feel sorry if a guy you rejected blows up in your face.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,712,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I know I'm the only one in this camp with this belief, so everybody will disagree with me, but in my opinion to the women, suck it up. If men have to put themsleves out on the line 90% of the time than you'll just have to deal with our reactions. It ain't easy what we do, and don't act like women have never been rude to men when we try to approach either. I think most of us men have suffered an embarrasing rejection or two, so I don't feel sorry if a guy you rejected blows up in your face.

Who cares about them putting themselves on the line? Are you serious? And then you all wonder why women don't want to be approached in grocery stores, malls, public parks, coffee shops, public pools, charity events, pet shops, in the library, on the job etc. etc. There's obviously a 'consequence' for it if he doesn't get his way.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:13 PM

842 posts, read 1,143,710 times
Quote:
So meting out retribution to women tried to be polite when they're rejecting is the way to go about it huh? Do you tip all waiters poorly because you've gotten bad services from certain other waiters? I guess for those that go out of their way to try to make the dining experience as pleasant as possible for their patrons just have to suck it up after d-bag patrons after d-bag patrons decide not to tip at all or tip poorly.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,219,942 times
Quote:
You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships