Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You obviously only read what you want to, because I CLEARLY SAID: I don't condone what he did and it's unacceptable. I said he should not be given a second chance. You're just trying to boost your own ego here like the OP.

The Point for those of you who can't effectively read: HE MADE A MISTAKE AND NOW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU SO MOVE ON, WHY DWELL ON WHAT THIS DOUCHEBAG DID? FORGET HIM AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH HIM? TO CONVICT HIM IN COURT OF BEING AN A$$HOLE? GET OVER IT
So now he's a douchebag? A few posts back you were stating how everyone makes mistakes and shouldn't be judged on one mistake. So which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post
Why the name calling? Why the anger?

I am so bored today and that's why all these posts. LOl
I wouldn't care why, if they acted like that, I'd know I rejected them for all the right reasons....

Old 05-04-2010, 08:38 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I wouldn't care why, if they acted like that, I'd know I rejected them for all the right reasons....
What if you rejected me, and instead of getting mad...I broke down in tears, and then sang you the most beautiful Love Ballad, you'd ever heard?

Would you date me, then?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post
Why the name calling? Why the anger?
I once had a guy approach me and offer me 'a line'. I told him I don't do that. He called me a name and went off ranting. Every now and then I'd catch a glimpse of him and he'd be glaring at me. Scary.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 AM

897 posts, read 1,688,689 times
Wow,a lot of Manhaters on Here! Just My humble opinion

Old 05-04-2010, 09:20 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
To answer the OP's original question ........ um maybe because you were flippant or sarcastic about it ... did you go back to your group of friends and make fun of the person? Did you roll your eyes or make a face of disgust?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
This is a very bad thing. If a man is so disrespectful, I would really try to avoid him because if he crosses that line he will cross another...

Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
The Point for those of you who can't effectively read: HE MADE A MISTAKE AND NOW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU SO MOVE ON, WHY DWELL ON WHAT THIS DOUCHEBAG DID? FORGET HIM AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH HIM? TO CONVICT HIM IN COURT OF BEING AN A$$HOLE? GET OVER IT
In what way is it a mistake as opposed to a deliberate misdeed? What's your definition of the difference between the two?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
The short answer: Because they're jerks.

The long answer: Because no one ever taught them how to lose gracefully and learn from defeat.
I agree about the jerks but what are they really supposed to learn?

A big outcome of the women's movement is that there are a lot of men out there who have done everything they had control over right and have little luck with women. The "movement" has told women for 40 years that they deserve a man who is so much better than themself and this leaves the men who are comperable to them completely out of the loop.

There is a lot of built up resentment when he hears things like:

1) Men are treating women badly. He knows this is because they go after a select minority who know where they stand with women and use this to the max. In contrast, women attribute this behavior to "all" men. Decent men who don't attract women due primarily to superficial things (mainly physical appearance) get no quarter given when women even suspect they may be like that while the good looking guys not only get a free pass but repeated chances to screw up.

2) He is first told he should get married and then shamed for being single. The options he has and is presented with are far below the standards he has set by becoming educated, getting a career, not making a mistake with having children in an unstable relationship, is not neurotic or mentally unstable, has his spending under control and he has reasonable expectations with a future oriented outlook. The women he's expected to jump for are deficient in at least 3 of the above and often have many other problems too.

Posters like Redisca make out that the previous era was worse than today and for some, a small minority, it was. However, these guys who form the bedrock of society had little problem then finding a woman as good as they are and forming long solid marriages. Now this is no longer the case. There are at least 20 single, never married men where I work who fit this profile and I know many more elsewhere.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:51 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Relationships are a privilege; not a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships