Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
No reason for it at all but both sides can be mean.

I was at a friends birthday party last week at his house and i saw this cute girl by the fridge,i needed a beer so i figured id ask her if she wants one maybe make a joke and see if i cant start a convo..

I go to get a beer ask her if she wants one and before i could even talk to her shes says no she doesnt want one almost annoyed me just asking her and walks away..

Girls seem to be in constant defense mode these days..God forbid a guy there not attarcted to even tries to ask them if they want something or is in their airspace...
In a group of 10 single men, they all want the same guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't think I have ever encountered that. Either they tried to persuade me otherwise or were gracious and paid me a compliment, wished me the best and left. BUT I was always grateful and flattered that someone was attracted/interested in me to begin with, so in turn I was respectful and kind. Even if a guy was overly aggressive with his moves, I was still cool about it.

I have to admit, some of my girlfriends could get snippy and attitudes with guys they weren't interested in and in turn the guys gave the attitude right back, but on the other hand, I can see why girls do it...because guys often take politeness and a smile as a sign of interest.
More experienced average men realize that this is the situation today. I recommend that guys try to make eye contact with everone that you encounter. Other men will be freindly and make a comment. More than 90% of women tend to avert their eyes. You know where you stand with women once you do this.

Then look at how they interact with the 10 to 20% of men who are good looking and they are attracted to. With this knowledge, most men will realize that they are attempting to play a rigged game if they make any attempt.

Once they come to this conclusion, they can both avoid being jerks and having to fend off those women who the rest think is their lot in life. Win - win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Then look at how they interact with the 10 to 20% of men who are good looking and they are attracted to. With this knowledge, most men will realize that they are attempting to play a rigged game if they make any attempt.
"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for a fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor." (Shalom Aleichem)

Old 05-04-2010, 01:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
I agree about the jerks but what are they really supposed to learn?

A big outcome of the women's movement is that there are a lot of men out there who have done everything they had control over right and have little luck with women. The "movement" has told women for 40 years that they deserve a man who is so much better than themself and this leaves the men who are comperable to them completely out of the loop.

There is a lot of built up resentment when he hears things like:

1) Men are treating women badly. He knows this is because they go after a select minority who know where they stand with women and use this to the max. In contrast, women attribute this behavior to "all" men. Decent men who don't attract women due primarily to superficial things (mainly physical appearance) get no quarter given when women even suspect they may be like that while the good looking guys not only get a free pass but repeated chances to screw up.

2) He is first told he should get married and then shamed for being single. The options he has and is presented with are far below the standards he has set by becoming educated, getting a career, not making a mistake with having children in an unstable relationship, is not neurotic or mentally unstable, has his spending under control and he has reasonable expectations with a future oriented outlook. The women he's expected to jump for are deficient in at least 3 of the above and often have many other problems too.

Posters like Redisca make out that the previous era was worse than today and for some, a small minority, it was. However, these guys who form the bedrock of society had little problem then finding a woman as good as they are and forming long solid marriages. Now this is no longer the case. There are at least 20 single, never married men where I work who fit this profile and I know many more elsewhere.
Well put. Men need to wake up and see things as they are.

Far too many men spend half their life preparing to be the financial backup plan for a woman who really isn’t interested in them as a person. Now that a drug is being developed for them to spray on men they desire to make them more “responsive” to their “needs”, there will be even a greater incentive to cash out. This is the root of the developing marriage strike.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:38 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
In a group of 10 single men, they all want the same guy.

Ive noticed that..Women seem to be all into the same small group of guys,they arent attracted to allot of different types of Men for the most part..I af women has any options shes into mostly cookie cutter abercrombe and fitch looking guys or roided up up guys in tight t shirts..

Though i do notice once a man shows social proof and a few women like or flirt with him that can lead to a chain reaction..

Im awful with women but one of my friends girlfriends whos a whackjob started to flirt with me at a party give me a fake lap dance almost lick my face it was akwward and embarassing..

A few months later a one of my othera friends wife start to lightly flirt with me..women are alwyas in constant comeptiton for compliments and attention..

Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
You know what I've noticed women like the most?

Women REALLY LOVE IT when guys tell them they are all the same, and that they know exactly what they are thinking and how they will act. Just makes them melt.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:46 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post
Why the name calling? Why the anger?

I am so bored today and that's why all these posts. LOl

Neither gender has a patent on naming calling and display of anger and don't seem to handle rejection very well.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post
Why the name calling? Why the anger?
Just be glad that you havent been shot in the foot for rejecting them...thats how they do it in D.C.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for a fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor." (Shalom Aleichem)
Ahh, I like that.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:19 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
I've been rejected nicely and I've been rejected disgracefully and been disrespected. I am happy I dodged a bullet with those who did not even have the manners to show me respect. I've noticed that too many plain Janes believe a man should jump through hoops and fight fires just to win over their attention. Deluded.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
stop me if you have heard this already.
you are hanging with the wrong crowd. find some gentlemen, its not them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships