Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 06:40 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
That's me....

But what can I say... I'm super old school... F THAT, I DON'T WANT MY WIFE IN THE STREETS BUSTING HER ARSE WHEN THAT'S MY JOB!!!

I want my woman at home CHILLING and teaching my kids! F the government and their BS "education."
In other words you want a housewife. If she's a homemaker then chilling is out of the question.

It's boring staying home all day... luckily I'll be now working every single day... yes even Sundays too.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:01 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
That's me....

But what can I say... I'm super old school... F THAT, I DON'T WANT MY WIFE IN THE STREETS BUSTING HER ARSE WHEN THAT'S MY JOB!!!

I want my woman at home CHILLING and teaching my kids! F the government and their BS "education."
Morphy, I have to take a just a little bit of issue with that. We are fortunate to live in an excellent school district, but still I hear parents and kids around here both complaining about the schools and crappy teachers and poor grades, all the time. And I stop and wonder....what are they doing? How is it possible to do so poorly, when I know for a FACT that the teachers that my son has had, are incredibly motivated, creative, and truly concerned for their student's education?

The whole business of doing well in school, starts at HOME. I don't care how good or poor the school. If you raise a lazy undisciplined brat, and then expect the schools to turn that kid around and convert them into a successful adult, then you are living a pipe dream.

Jus' saying.

OKay...stepping off the soapbox. Sorry.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I read a book by Barbara Dafoe Whitehead who was studying the phenomenon that there are "no good men left". In it, one of the problems mentioned was that the women IN HER STUDY, somewhere more than one and less than...five thousand? five hundred? who really knows how many she interviewed?...wanted a man that earned MORE than they did. For him to be considered "good" anyhow. Guys that flip burgers at McDonald's for $7 an hour don't get to be considered "good" by the women in her study.
From her website under facts and forecasts it states "More than eighty percent of twentysomething women say that it is more important to them to marry a men who is able to communicate his deepest feelings than to marry a good earner. Source: State of Our Unions 2001 - marriage.rutgers.edu "
Facts and Forecasts

Old 05-01-2010, 08:16 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
And what did it say in her book?

I read the book--not her website. Perhaps the women interviewed in her book were closer to...forty? I don't know, but it would seem like they're probably past the 20-something age. They've already developed their careers and are looking for me to settle down with by then.

Another point made in her book is that women (and, no doubt, men will do this too, but she was interviewing women) will always be looking for the "big better deal"(EDIT quotes are mine, she didn't use the phrase, as I recall)--never settle. Never say "This is the man of my dreams, no others need apply."

Of course, the same can be said for those men out there.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
And what did it say in her book?

I read the book--not her website. Perhaps the women interviewed in her book were closer to...forty.
I don't know. From what I've gathered thus far her book is based on the research coming out of Rutgers. Her website links data coming out of Rutgers.

With that said, it doesn't mean these women will be interested in the $7/hr McD's worker. But, I think a lack of ambition has as much to do with it as the money.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
In other words you want a housewife. If she's a homemaker then chilling is out of the question.

It's boring staying home all day... luckily I'll be now working every single day... yes even Sundays too.
You remind me so much of TKramer. Just the female version.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
Yes this is what a lot of women (even those who think they're feminist) think. And I agree it is sooo bull.

I believe a real feminist is a woman who wants all women to have equal opportunities to prove themselves. No excuses, no special treament.
I'm still interested in finding out what this special treatment is all about.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm still interested in finding out what this special treatment is all about.
I think it involves door opening and being the first in the lifeboat.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think it involves door opening and being the first in the lifeboat.
Ahh, so all I need to do is find me a sinking ship full of doors.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Well, part of "special treatment" means I can beat the snot out of a guy--but I can't hit a woman. I just won't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships