Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:24 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,619 times

Advertisements

Unsure how to include comments with a +reputation point. But I have to commend Redisca for a great post. I entirely agree with everything she says in it. *Raise one eyebrow in proper Spock fashion* Logical and to the point. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 10:00 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,420,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
"Sunflower-lol": This is messed up in so many ways, it's hard to know where to begin. But hell, I'll try anyway.
Tried to rep you, but I have to spread some around first...

Excellent post!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Every message board has its share of idiots, but they are ultimately strangers on the other end of a server. If you are obsessing over them, you may want to step away for a while. Call them out when you're debating, heck, it can be fun. Once you sign off, they shouldn't be a thought in your mind.

Don't bother wishing them ill. Trust me, they're living it every day. They wouldn't be such bungholes otherwise.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:16 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
I only needed to read the author's name on the thread, and not the thread, to roll my eyes.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Default Is it ok to wish someone to have a downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I detest this particular online man. I'm wishing he losses whatever job position he's holding as well as friends.
I'm thinking making his online reputation sink to the floor and if he had facebook (might create something elaborate that people will believe).

I want him to have a difficult time and I'm wondering how to ruin him.
And you call yourself "Sunflower" why not change your name to "Wicked Witch" before you start this endeavor? The new name would suit you quite well, or maybe you could replace the W with a B in that secord word of your new name, that would fit you even better. I'm not even going to ask what he did to you. How would you feel if someone on this forum made your life miserable and tried to cause you much heartache and pain. Do you realize how childish, and brattish you sound? Do you realize the possbile reflection this could make on your parents or whoever raised such an immature person? You sound like you are very used to getting your own way in life, wait until you grow up, you will find there has to be give and take in the world. If you continue to be a spoiled brat eventually you will loose all your friends and be alone. Consentrate on being a better person, one who doesn't hold a grudge and lives a happy life. You will feel much better, and you may become a person who is fun to be around. In stead of the dreary person you are now. To answer your question, no it is not ok to wish someone a downfall. Acting on it could cause you some problems with the law.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Default Is it ok to wish someone to have a downfall

Quote:
The issue is sometimes there is no ''rest in peace'' for me till I get back at that person.
The latest example would be my boyfriend. He didn't once called on my birthday. A week later afterwards, it was a ''break-up'' call but asked me back the next month. However, it would be 1 year and 8 months later when it was then my turn doing the break up on Christmas. I made him work to get me back.... we don't really like asking men back (in my idea, they have to ask us back whether they're the dumper or dumpee).

Anyways... I felt terrible afterwards but it's like sometimes the best way to get it out of you is to get back at that person.
You are just a hateful person, arn't you? I don't blame him for dumping you, what a load of crap he was getting rid of. Go somewhere else and throw a temper tantrum.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
"Sunflower-lol": This is messed up in so many ways, it's hard to know where to begin. But hell, I'll try anyway.

Wanting to ruin a man's life because he's been nasty to you online shows you have a grossly exaggerated sense of your own importance. You became offended when another poster brought up Ted Bundy; you claimed that you are not a psychopath because you have feelings, whereas psychopaths -- including Ted Bundy -- don't. And this is where you are wrong. Psychopaths most certainly have feelings. Ted Bundy had feelings. They are capable of intense rage, for one thing, as well as exhiliration, resentment, and so forth. What they don't have is EMPATHY. Empathy is the ability to experience second-hand the feelings and emotions of another person, and thus to identify with that person. (By the way, merely liking someone doesn't necessarily translate into empathy.) Because psychopaths are incapable of empathy, they are convinced that their feelings are the only feelings that matter. When people say that a psychopathic serial killer "doesn't feel anything" while torturing or killing his victim, what that really means is that the killer can't feel the victim's pain, or reacts to it in an abnormal, non-empathetic way -- which is, of course, what enables people like Ted Bundy to do what they do in the first place.

Now, I have no reason to believe that you are a serial killer. Nor do I have the professional training to classify you as a "psychopath". But what I've seen demonstrated in your posts over and over, in this thread and in others, is a lack of empathy that's alarming in a 23-year-old. I remember you well, OP, from the thread in which you used the word "autistic" as a synonym for "stupid, incompetent and mean". Despite several posters (including one who is himself autistic) pointing out that autism is a neurological disorder, not a personality flaw, and that your comments were ignorant, wrong, and deeply hurtful to autistic people and their families, you didn't care. You persisted in your characterization, and the only justification you offered is that you felt like using the word "autistic" that way, and because you felt like it, nothing else mattered. As you kept posting, it became clear to me that it's not like you were even deliberately cruel, as much as callous; you simply had no capacity to understand why other people's feelings should have any significance for your own conduct. "I do it because that's how I feel, everything else be d-d" is a classic justification of a person who regards other people as something less than human beings. You felt like misusing the word "autistic", so you misused it. Ted Bundy felt like killing people, so he killed people. There is a great difference in the magnitude of the wrong, but the motivation and the attitude towards the damage to others is strikingly similar.

You come on a public forum, seeking advice on how you can ruin someone's life. Since you are a grown woman, I am sure you realize that most ways in which you can ruin a person's life are either criminal or, at the very least, can subject you to civil liability. How long do you think it will take the law enforcement and/or your victim to find you and prove your guilt, given the fact that you are leaving your prints all over the Internet about your intentions? Or are you so convinced of your own invincibility that you simply don't think about things like that?

In short, while it would certainly be an great exaggeration to compare you to Ted Bundy, you have more in common with him than you realize. I suggest you reflect on that for a while.

In any event, since you are not concerned about the potential suffering of your would-be victim, and the moral implications of going after someone in this manner, let me draw the material bottom line: do this, and you are likely to find yourself on the receiving end of a jail sentence or a defamation lawsuit.
Wow, what a great post! I wish I could have repped you for it

I completely forgot about her "autistic" rantings and I even replied to it

Old 05-01-2010, 10:46 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
I repped you, Redisca, but I wanted others to know. I agree with Robee - incredible post.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:

Wanting to ruin a man's life because he's been nasty to you online shows you have a grossly exaggerated sense of your own importance. You became offended when another poster brought up Ted Bundy; you claimed that you are not a psychopath because you have feelings, whereas psychopaths -- including Ted Bundy -- don't. And this is where you are wrong. Psychopaths most certainly have feelings. Ted Bundy had feelings. They are capable of intense rage, for one thing, as well as exhiliration, resentment, and so forth. What they don't have is EMPATHY. Empathy is the ability to experience second-hand the feelings and emotions of another person, and thus to identify with that person. (By the way, merely liking someone doesn't necessarily translate into empathy.) Because psychopaths are incapable of empathy, they are convinced that their feelings are the only feelings that matter. When people say that a psychopathic serial killer "doesn't feel anything" while torturing or killing his victim, what that really means is that the killer can't feel the victim's pain, or reacts to it in an abnormal, non-empathetic way -- which is, of course, what enables people like Ted Bundy to do what they do in the first place.

Now, I have no reason to believe that you are a serial killer. Nor do I have the professional training to classify you as a "psychopath". But what I've seen demonstrated in your posts over and over, in this thread and in others, is a lack of empathy that's alarming in a 23-year-old. I remember you well, OP, from the thread in which you used the word "autistic" as a synonym for "stupid, incompetent and mean". Despite several posters (including one who is himself autistic) pointing out that autism is a neurological disorder, not a personality flaw, and that your comments were ignorant, wrong, and deeply hurtful to autistic people and their families, you didn't care. You persisted in your characterization, and the only justification you offered is that you felt like using the word "autistic" that way, and because you felt like it, nothing else mattered. As you kept posting, it became clear to me that it's not like you were even deliberately cruel, as much as callous; you simply had no capacity to understand why other people's feelings should have any significance for your own conduct. "I do it because that's how I feel, everything else be d-d" is a classic justification of a person who regards other people as something less than human beings. You felt like misusing the word "autistic", so you misused it. Ted Bundy felt like killing people, so he killed people. There is a great difference in the magnitude of the wrong, but the motivation and the attitude towards the damage to others is strikingly similar.

You come on a public forum, seeking advice on how you can ruin someone's life. Since you are a grown woman, I am sure you realize that most ways in which you can ruin a person's life are either criminal or, at the very least, can subject you to civil liability. How long do you think it will take the law enforcement and/or your victim to find you and prove your guilt, given the fact that you are leaving your prints all over the Internet about your intentions? Or are you so convinced of your own invincibility that you simply don't think about things like that?

In short, while it would certainly be an great exaggeration to compare you to Ted Bundy, you have more in common with him than you realize. I suggest you reflect on that for a while.

In any event, since you are not concerned about the potential suffering of your would-be victim, and the moral implications of going after someone in this manner, let me draw the material bottom line: do this, and you are likely to find yourself on the receiving end of a jail sentence or a defamation lawsuit.
One of the best posts I have seen in a long time. I'd rep ya, but, ya know.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:47 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
The issue is sometimes there is no ''rest in peace'' for me till I get back at that person.
The latest example would be my boyfriend. He didn't once called on my birthday. A week later afterwards, it was a ''break-up'' call but asked me back the next month. However, it would be 1 year and 8 months later when it was then my turn doing the break up on Christmas. I made him work to get me back.... we don't really like asking men back (in my idea, they have to ask us back whether they're the dumper or dumpee).

Anyways... I felt terrible afterwards but it's like sometimes the best way to get it out of you is to get back at that person.

get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships