Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:48 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

I contributed to your thread asking if you should reveal to the BF your parents were feigning there approval of him bc of papers to get back in the US.
Seems to be some sort of crusade your on, come to terms with meeting all kinds of ppl, whose thinking and integrity might be questionable. I can relate to the disdain, why would you fixate and give this much energy for nothing? You need to find a balance and discern whats important and when to let go, this is abnormal. Why let these ppl change who you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I used to be like that before. I realized there's this change in me and it's negative.
It seems many people like to take advantage of you when they see you all forgiving and sweet-nature. That's the case most of the times. Sometimes the more soft you become the worst.

Part of me wants to revert back to the way I was (was more innocent then) and if I keep up with this mindset, I fear I might end up hurting even a loved one. I hurt my boyfriend in the ''getting back'' process but seems like there's no way on how to stop this from spreading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 AM

66 posts, read 97,117 times
Agreed with everyone posted above. Someone said it already, but the "best revenge is living well." This does not mean you should shove personal success in another person's face, but rather that you live your life while not under your ex's physical or emotional control. You cannot move on if you are obsessing about revenge. You have to channel that energy into living your own life, great things can happen for you.

I think it's completely natural to experience anger after a bad relationship.....even thinking bad thoughts during the anger phase is normal....but you have to progress beyond that, and most certainly should never act on them! Acknowledge the feelings, and figure out why you feel them....to what extent are you angry at him, and to what extent are you angry at yourself? Therapy can help greatly in this department. Trust me when I say that it's freeing when you move beyond anger....he no longer has any power over you once you do so. If karma later bites him in the butt, it's fine to smile at that, but not relish in his suffering, if that makes any sense.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times
Well now, Redisca, tell it!

Impressive post. More importantly, the truth.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
''the best type of revenge is to live a good life'' ..
Absolutely true!! It was true when it was first written in the Talmud centuries ago and it is still true today.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
"Sunflower-lol": This is messed up in so many ways, it's hard to know where to begin. But hell, I'll try anyway.
I want to be like Redisca when I grow up

I'd rep you but you know, spread the love yada yada

Old 05-01-2010, 06:25 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
I don't know if it is cool to wish such a thing, but I can seriously see why someone might.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I contributed to your thread asking if you should reveal to the BF your parents were feigning there approval of him bc of papers to get back in the US.
Seems to be some sort of crusade your on, come to terms with meeting all kinds of ppl, whose thinking and integrity might be questionable. I can relate to the disdain, why would you fixate and give this much energy for nothing? You need to find a balance and discern whats important and when to let go, this is abnormal. Why let these ppl change who you are?
I can't reveal that to my b/f because it'll ruin everything... even our relationship. We both did stupid things (never cheated, however but other things can hurt you too) and wouldn't want to bring it back to ground zero again.

Now when I was referring to my boyfriend as an example (going a bit off topic), it was my way of showing how far I went with the ''I got back at you, I won and you lost'' revenge. However, I did regretted doing that to him but it's my anger that got on the way (it's like an impulse you sometimes can't control). I don't want to hurt him again so I'm now controlling myself if I get angry at him.

Now as far as the online dude and charges being filed... seriously how often do you hear about a man pressing charges due to stalking/harassment or defamation against us?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
get over it.
I did got over it. I don't want to hurt my boyfriend again... like that. That's why I'm controlling myself with him if I get angry over something. I realized I can't be hurting someone I love.
However, it's different with a total stranger, casual friend, co-worker, etc.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:24 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Sunflower, if you give in to this unhealthy desire for revenge, it could come back to slap you in the face. Even if you are "successful" in executing some kind of payback, the fact that you are asking advice here says that you are conflicted about actually giving in to your rage. Just know that if you do something to him, sooner or later you will regret it. Let it go and get on with life.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:52 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Seriously? Do really want this to consume you? Hell of a way to spend your time.
I think she either publicly or secretly thinks it's fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships