Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:09 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
1 in 4 young women have std's now lets not act like its only women who have to worry about this when it comes to a ons
Maybe so, but women still have to worry about rape, so the men must not care THAT much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM

202 posts, read 484,308 times
[quote=CESpeed;13995066]In most states, a man can be prosecuted for rape for having sex with a woman in an intoxicated state. The thought process is that she can't consent because she is not in her right mind.

Not so fast. I work in Law enforcement, and I live in MA. I had a case JUST like that not too long ago. A girl said she was at a cousin's house where everyone was drinking, and she apparently had sex with two guys but she didnt remember it. Anway she slept over at the house, and the next morning her cousins told her she was "nasty" for sleeping with guys in her family's house.

Well the 'victim' then went to the hospital and claimed she would have never had sex with those guys if she had not been drunk. When I spoke to her cousins, they said she seemed fine. She was not falling down drunk, or blacked out, or so incapacitated that she had to be carried or something. She was no different than anyone else there.

Bottom line is..EVERYONE at the house was drinking, INCLUDING the two boys she supposedly slept with. And again..here are the key points..she was not falling down, stumbling, drunk. she was not blacked out. She was not incapacitated to the point where she had to be helped to walk, or carried. she was up and moving around and partying like everyone else. This was according to her own family members who think she merely felt embarrassed after they pretty much called her a 'ho' the next day.

So..tell me this. How is some one supposed to know just 'how drunk' someone is if they are not OBVIOUSLY out it???? Do we have little Drunk-o-Meters that we carry around in our pockets, and we all have to blow into it to see how drunk we all are before we have sex?? If it reads .02 or something, then we cant have sex??? Without OBVIOUS signs of incapacitation (blacked out..can hardly walk by oneself..totally in-coherent, etc..) how is someone supposed to know if someone is 'too drunk' to have sex?? Because without THAT..the law cant say that it should have been OBVIOUS to the other person that this individual was too drunk to consent.

Needless to say this case wasnt going anywhere, and we told her we would not bring charges against the boys.

From the information we gathered, this girl got it on with two boys because..like others have said here about drinking..her inhibitions were lowered. Her AND the boys were probably all feeling a bit of a buzz..and a good time was had by all. One guy got lucky..then later in the night the other guy got lucky too. And because she was later called a ho by her cousins,...its rape? Yah ok..NOT!

Plus, the boys were drinking too. So..were THEY raped because they had a buzz on too and "didnt know what they were doing'?

Some of these chicks kill me with that crap. AND she was only 20. And the boys were only 17 and 18. NONE of them should have been drinking in the first darn place! Legal drinking age here is 21.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Winecountry: On the other hand, do you agree that having sex with someone who is passed out, for whatever reason, is rape?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Sucks for her, but for all the other women guarding their drink, it's just feminist victim mentality and little more. Studies say for every 100 times women think they were drugged, 99% of the time they just drank too much.
"Sucks for her"? It's not as if she got sick all of a sudden for no apparent reason -- a man deliberately spiked her drink in order to rape her. The fact that you characterize it as something that just happens, and not as criminal and disgusting behavior on the part of the perpetrator, is representative of the attitude which causes women to guard their drinks. Why should it suck for her and not for the pig who did it to her? Personally, given that date rape drugs cause severe and potentially deadly neurological disturbances, any man who uses them should be charged with attempted murder. In addition to the rape, of course, should he perpetrate it.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
How do you figure? They signed up for it and did what drunk tarts do on a Friday and Saturday night. What got him in trouble was one of the girls was underage and lied using a fake ID. The other reason the came after him was for taxes.

Excellent. Lets be consistent and make sure they're both charged if both are drinking though. After all booze negates consent and men and women are equal, right?

What, you expected our laws to hold women to the same standard as men? Bwahahahaha! You've got a lot to learn son.

Sucks for her, but for all the other women guarding their drink, it's just feminist victim mentality and little more. Studies say for every 100 times women think they were drugged, 99% of the time they just drank too much.
I wish we have voice chat so you could have noted the sarcastic tone.
Eh... i respect the law as much as I respect toilet paper.
Course I do not like jail so I stay within it.
Being locked up with other dudes is not an attractive daily routine.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
This guy I know said he likes rave parties because the women drug themselves.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Yes, and I have heard of slime mogul Joe Francis, ("Girls Gone Wild")too. Came close to becoming a prison bride for taking advantage of drunk young women.
i wouldnt call him that... he was giving the people want they wanted, if there was no money in it people dont do it.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:02 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Sarah F View Post
I think that it is an excuse. Any woman who gets so plastered in a public place she doesn't know what she's doing is a fool. Before you got drunk you planned to get drunk while still sober. You know that inhibitions are lowered, judgment is weaker. It's a cop out. Grow up. If I'm around other people, especially men who i can't trust i would never get drunk like that. Guys will try to take advantage even when you're not drunk. Why make yourself an easy target by being the girl who's too stoned to say no.
You are full of crap. Very few people "plan" to get drunk. Most people get drunk while having a good time and are simply letting the good times roll. Drunk usually sneaks up on you. Especially when round after round comes. Granted if you start to feel drunk it's a good idea to stop and have a cup of coffee. But most people who are drinking are with someone or they are someplace where they feel totally safe.

And those who plan to get drunk do have a game plan but those are usually not the people who end up in bed with someone they don't want to end up in bed with.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
^That. And not only that, but yes, getting drunk is stupid. But it does not justify raping someone who's gotten stupid. Stupid is not a crime. Rape is. Any man who has to wait til a woman is drunk has serious performance problems--among other things.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winecountry1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
In most states, a man can be prosecuted for rape for having sex with a woman in an intoxicated state. The thought process is that she can't consent because she is not in her right mind.

Not so fast. I work in Law enforcement, and I live in MA. I had a case JUST like that not too long ago. A girl said she was at a cousin's house where everyone was drinking, and she apparently had sex with two guys but she didnt remember it. Anway she slept over at the house, and the next morning her cousins told her she was "nasty" for sleeping with guys in her family's house.

Well the 'victim' then went to the hospital and claimed she would have never had sex with those guys if she had not been drunk. When I spoke to her cousins, they said she seemed fine. She was not falling down drunk, or blacked out, or so incapacitated that she had to be carried or something. She was no different than anyone else there.

Bottom line is..EVERYONE at the house was drinking, INCLUDING the two boys she supposedly slept with. And again..here are the key points..she was not falling down, stumbling, drunk. she was not blacked out. She was not incapacitated to the point where she had to be helped to walk, or carried. she was up and moving around and partying like everyone else. This was according to her own family members who think she merely felt embarrassed after they pretty much called her a 'ho' the next day.

So..tell me this. How is some one supposed to know just 'how drunk' someone is if they are not OBVIOUSLY out it???? Do we have little Drunk-o-Meters that we carry around in our pockets, and we all have to blow into it to see how drunk we all are before we have sex?? If it reads .02 or something, then we cant have sex??? Without OBVIOUS signs of incapacitation (blacked out..can hardly walk by oneself..totally in-coherent, etc..) how is someone supposed to know if someone is 'too drunk' to have sex?? Because without THAT..the law cant say that it should have been OBVIOUS to the other person that this individual was too drunk to consent.

Needless to say this case wasnt going anywhere, and we told her we would not bring charges against the boys.

From the information we gathered, this girl got it on with two boys because..like others have said here about drinking..her inhibitions were lowered. Her AND the boys were probably all feeling a bit of a buzz..and a good time was had by all. One guy got lucky..then later in the night the other guy got lucky too. And because she was later called a ho by her cousins,...its rape? Yah ok..NOT!

Plus, the boys were drinking too. So..were THEY raped because they had a buzz on too and "didnt know what they were doing'?

Some of these chicks kill me with that crap. AND she was only 20. And the boys were only 17 and 18. NONE of them should have been drinking in the first darn place! Legal drinking age here is 21.
It's sad that a young woman can be raped in her relative's home and law enforcement says "Too bad, so sad". This is exactly why rape is so underreported. Law enforcement doesn't ever want to arrest guys for rape. Why do men need to believe every woman always wants to have sex?

As for her relatives, I feel sorry for her that her relatives would not support her. AMd I hope she never goes to their house again because she is obviously not safe there. There are many people who are not falling down drunk who in fact are. That's why a breathalyzer is needed. There have been many airline pilots who didn't look or act drunk who were in fact drunk.

According to you, they should have been allowed to fly the planes because they weren't falling down drunk.

"Falling down" is not the standard for drunk and as a law enforcement officer you know this, shame on you for using it in this case. Her relatives knew how much she had to drink. And should have known she had too much. btw, what was done about the adults serving alcohol to underage people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships