Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i think most of those are the guy's own issues, not the girl's.

3,4,5,6,7,8,9 seem reasoned, but points 1 and 2 seem like cop-outs for a lack of confidence. I'm probably the minority amongst men (lol.. as if an opinion's value is gauged by how many people believe it, but i'm digressing), but i don't put 10/hot women on a pedestal. I refuse to. I don't really think anybody is worthy of better treatment simply due to being hot. Granted, they're hot, but they still have the same vulnerabilities and weaknesses as everybody else.

For point 2, perhaps getting more self-esteem and self-assuredness is key.
I agree.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:04 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,312,841 times
and going after what you want is a Masculine thing, where is the argument in that? doesn't make sense

Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,030,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Here's my #1-10: a lot of 20-something American women--regardless of race, bi-gender, ethnicity, geography, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, looks, country of origin, intellect, career potential and advancement, and educational attainment--are NOT worth approaching these days. Sour looks, snobby attitudes, poor to practically zero manners, argumentative, arrogant, and plainly cold are the norm. And this isn't just California, where I live now; this applies to Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, New Jersey, Florida, etc.

The number of 20-something women I find myself even wanting to have a one night stand with, no less even remotely consider relationship material, is slim to none. You gotta have a good personality (or, in the case of a ONS'er, a fun one). And, either way, some sense of humor! I'm truthfully not picky in my requirements, but I am picky when it comes to "feeling connection." If I don't connect, I don't waste my time and yours. Simple as that.

I have, however, found myself attracted to the early 30s-early 40s crowd. They be more grown up generally. Guess I'm a cougar lover! As for the parents (especially mothers, your daughters look to you if even subconsciously) of up-and-coming young women, raise them to be women, not lifelong girls!!!
Wow, reading this post and many others gives me the impression that the scene is brutal back in the States. It seems like with the younger generation of people in their early 20's (both guys and girls), it is in style to be rude and disrespectful. It isn't just California, but it seems to have originated there like everything else, since everyone wants to be like Californians. It spreads to other countries as well.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,796,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Wow, reading this post and many others gives me the impression that the scene is brutal back in the States. It seems like with the younger generation of people in their early 20's (both guys and girls), it is in style to be rude and disrespectful. It isn't just California, but it seems to have originated there like everything else, since everyone wants to be like Californians. It spreads to other countries as well.
While there many douchey guys--who the girls**, even into their 30s and 40s sometimes--really fall for, the attitudes are worse among women altogether.

Quite honestly, I think, at least in the case of urban California, that it is high-income parents + East Coast attitude (parents probably from East Coast) + MTV/reality junk TV influence = literally don't know any better. In the case of much of the rest of the nation, it is still MTV/reality junk TV still portraying how you can "be" to be "cool" in society. My theories, anyway. At any rate, most American 20-something women truly aren't worth time of day.

**Girls have the faux "status" mentality. (I'm not talking about a Walton marrying a Gates, just for example, or Tom Cruise-Nicole Kidman; in other words, I understand why the truly wealthy stay within their own realm.) Real women have overcome that mentality.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
11. They want to be single and don't care about asking women out or approaching them.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:07 PM

58 posts, read 59,571 times
Look approachable and I will approach. Unfortunately, women have struck up convos and at that time, I was usually in my own head.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:09 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Meh.....

If that's how they feel *shrugs*

Old 09-27-2014, 08:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Meh.....

If that's how they feel *shrugs*
Men.....go figure....lol.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:34 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,481 times
Maybe the reason for not approaching is that there is no reason to approach. Not wanting to deal.with rejection is another powerful reason for not approaching, the only guaranteed way to avoid rejection is by not approaching. Pretty simple and straightforward. No approach =no rejection.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:36 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Maybe the reason for not approaching is that there is no reason to approach. Not wanting to deal.with rejection is another powerful reason for not approaching, the only guaranteed way to avoid rejection is by not approaching. Pretty simple and straightforward. No approach =no rejection.
No approach also = no success.

I was going to agree with the "no reason to approach" part. A lot of men don't approach because they don't see anyone who appeals to them. Like Ohio Peasant said once, he'll take a look at a new meetup group, and if he doesn't see any women who appeal to him, he'll leave without joining. I've seen a lot of situations where guys hang around the periphery of a mixed gathering without approaching anyone. Some guys aren't motivated to play the numbers game. They'll only approach if they see someone who seems irresistible to them, someone who really meets their criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships