Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times

Advertisements

I am old school I don't text anyone back if you want to talk or chat I tell people to phone me or go grab a coffee or a bite to eat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 01:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
I know, right? Me too, I leave my phone at home under my pillow almost everyday. Unintentionally.

I hate text and very rarely responds to them, but I can understand OP's frustrations since these are the same people who constantly text other people right infront of him.

Yes that's exactly my point. My example is of someone I have known pretty well for years. EVERY time I am around her she had her I phone in hand and an hour doesn't go by without her checking it or taking a social phone call. I also know people who leave their phones at home on a regular basis or don't even know how to check their messages or send a text. The rant is for those who are glued to their phones and playing around with texting, email, etc all day. Anyway, I am not bothering with maintaining the friendship anymore and am only interested in keeping very minimal contact, because it's just too much of a hassle to do most of the work.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Yes that's exactly my point. My example is of someone I have known pretty well for years. EVERY time I am around her she had her I phone in hand and an hour doesn't go by without her checking it or taking a social phone call. I also know people who leave their phones at home on a regular basis or don't even know how to check their messages or send a text. The rant is for those who are glued to their phones and playing around with texting, email, etc all day. Anyway, I am not bothering with maintaining the friendship anymore and am only interested in keeping very minimal contact, because it's just too much of a hassle to do most of the work.
why even be friends with them then? being someones friend should not feel like work it should be fun I would just forget about it go hang with people that want to hangout with you and will text you back if it's such an issue.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Well, there you go, Felix! Solved your own problem. Let it go, and just let it dissipate slowly. It's fine to lose contact with people who don't do anything for your life.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, there you go, Felix! Solved your own problem. Let it go, and just let it dissipate slowly. It's fine to lose contact with people who don't do anything for your life.
Well, there are the type of friends that you just a couple times a year and that is fine. I don't take it personally because it is just the nature of certain people not to be very reliable. They treat everyone that way so there isn't anything that can be done about it.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
I HATE texting!!!! My kids text me ALL the time, I try to ignore them and make them call. The only time its ok is when your in a situation that you cannot talk.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Can you read? I said they didn't respond in over a day. You can't even write in sentences and you are telling me to get a life? How old are you? LOL
Children...play nice.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
OK , I'm just going to say it. Maybe they don't like you.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:51 PM

645 posts, read 1,452,045 times
^^right they don't like him.

Everyone else in here is typing a bunch of nonsense instead of telling the truth. Keep it real. lol

Old 05-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
^^right they don't like him.

Everyone else in here is typing a bunch of nonsense instead of telling the truth. Keep it real. lol

i don't think that's it. over the last year she has invited me to go out about every couple weeks. it's just the following up, being on time, and being on her i phone at inapproriate times that has gotten old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships