Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,661,050 times

Advertisements

A month or two.
Just find other things to focus on and it will be easier.
I know this because a couple months ago I started a similar thread on here due to a failed marriage. People told me time would heal all the wounds and things would get better with time and I didn't believe them.
Well, I feel much better now. They were right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,393,891 times
Sorry to hear ONG....it will get better all the time, just hang in there. I went to add you as a friend on Facebook, but your name in your emails didn't show, you not a member there?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,165,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Sorry to hear ONG....it will get better all the time, just hang in there. I went to add you as a friend on Facebook, but your name in your emails didn't show, you not a member there?
I am, for some reason people have trouble finding me on facebook. If you DM me I will give you my full name and location so you can find me and friend me.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,402,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I am, for some reason people have trouble finding me on facebook. If you DM me I will give you my full name and location so you can find me and friend me.
Oooo...I will add you, too! Friends and a good support group make all the difference

Old 05-03-2010, 02:00 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,773,200 times
Quote:
Also, to whoever repped me and left me a message on the rep, you didn't leave your CD name so I can't PM you. If you are following this, I would gladly tell you my story, but you may need a day or two so be careful what you wish for!!

Actually that was me asking to hear about your story if you ever need to share with an experienced person...I've dealt with that pain you have 2 different times in my life...It was 2 different people I had to pick myself up and move on from over some years of depression and pain...

I know about being at the same job as the one who left me while she sat there, and hugged the other guy she started going with at work in front of me after letting me know I was only a rebound....

I know about sitting in my car trying to get to my next pizza delivery and having to pull over on the side of the road to cry after dropping off pizza to my customer...I sat there crying and with a really heavy chest...I cried for about 20 minutes that moment and had to pull myself together and get back to work on a sunny day when it seemed like everyone around me was happy and I was dying inside....so I'm here if you need to message me ok

Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 PM

Thank you RazorRob..

Old 05-03-2010, 02:34 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,605,588 times
Quote:
Is it days, weeks, months??? When will I stop feeling this way???

My heart actually hurts....I don't know what to do about it. I hate feeling this way....any suggestions?
A lot of people bury themselves in their work. I definitely wouldn't do that. Nor would I get back out there and start dating again, at least not until you've had time to heal and learn from the relationship that just ended. This is a good time to take stock of your life, figure out what it is you really want and what you need to do in order to achieve that. I would also take advantage of this time to reconnect to your son. I don't know if your son felt neglected while you were in a relationship. If he did, now is a good time to make up for that. This is also a good time to learn to enjoy being by yourself. A lot of time have a hard time being alone. They miss the sex and companionship that comes with being in a relationship. But learning to be happy on your own will only make any future relationship you have that much better, because you'll be approaching from the standpoint of wanting it as opposed to needing to fill some kind of void in your life.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:44 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,309,138 times
Sorry you are having heartache onegreatnurse. What you are experiencing is similar to death and you have to allow yourself time to grieve and begin to move forward. The timing is different for everyone so there is no "set" amount. I would imagine the hardest part is just coming to terms with it being over, realizing all hope of getting back together is just gone.

So with that, it's ok to cry, scream, eat chocolate...whatever you need to do to start healing your heart again. The best remedy is time. With each day you will hurt a little less than the one before. Best wishes to you.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Thank you, seeniorita. Right now it's Xanax, and in a few days that may be replaced by MARGARITAS in stead of SEENIORITAS...lol..isn't that a drink too?

Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,309,138 times
Quote:
Thank you, seeniorita. Right now it's Xanax, and in a few days that may be replaced by MARGARITAS in stead of SEENIORITAS...lol..isn't that a drink too?
I don't know...never heard of it but hey, I'll take one too!! Watch that tequila girl...it can do a number on ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships