Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Reading too much into things at the beginning of any relationship is the death knell to any relationship. Ditch the stress and enjoy.
GREAT advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:41 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,453,524 times
In a way meeting the family early in a relationship is best. If they remind you of the Addams Family you know not to invest anymore time in the relationship.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,879,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
The guy that I'm dating has introduced me to his family (they loved me too). He is also pretty affectionate around his family and friends but my friends say that that doesn't hold much weight these days, men will introduce anyone to his family, that it's just game and to keep my eyes open. He also invited me to another family event but I wasn't able to make it. I truly wonder what does this all mean.

I have asked him how he felt about me and he said that he is interested in me and he wants to see how far this may go, but for some reason I find it hard to believe. Maybe it's from the past failed dating scenarios/relationships, maybe it's fear. I don't know.
ah relax theres nothing to worry about .. how long have u been in relation with this guy ? .. how did he react when u didnt go to another family event of his ? .. so u say he's interested in you and that he wants to see how far this may go ..okay then whats the rush ? .. he needs time to know you ..so do you ..IMO i dont see much of a problem here ..though you're feeling a bit sceptical, its always better not to think deep and lose good hope ..however heres the plan ..first of all there are some questions you gotta ask yourself ..more like a self assesment .. you gotta be positive you know, secondly think of what you're doing on your part to fully commit to this relationship .. also what good/bad qualities do u think this guy has in comparison to yourself .. as a person ofcourse .. obviously every individual is different .. anyways what have u learnt from your past relationships ? .. if those relationships failed, analyze why? and what you could've done to avoid failure .. what caught your interest in those guys you've dated before ..at this point dont compare him to them .. make a list and give points to each .. im not telling you to play a game here ..its only a way to get that fear of dating a wrong person outta your system .. bottom line what scares you to date? other than failed past relationships/scenarios ..once u get the answer to all these questions you'll know that you were confused nothing but dazed and confuuuuuuused .. so to clear this confusion u gotta laugh out loud and move on with this guy ..enjoy his company .. be happy and party .. oh did you introduce him to your family/friends ? ..do it .. ask them what they think of him ..just ask their opinion ..not a judgement ..eventually after collecting some important facts about him through your sources ..you can decide whether to continue or back out .. dont spy on him or ask his rivals ..they can add fuel to the fire ..ahem sorry for the do's and don'ts after all you asked for it ..but hey many people have different opinions ..ultimately its upto you ..either you conquer your fear or lose a potential mate ..theres no bargain in this business .. its a matter of heart ..either you take it or break it ! well thats all i have for now .. untill then take care and good luck ..this is Norm24x7 signing off ! au revoir

*Emoticons are fun don't get annoyed ..ah no more do's and don'ts*

Last edited by Norm24x7; 05-03-2010 at 01:06 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 12:58 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,311 times
Quote:
The guy that I'm dating has introduced me to his family (they loved me too). He is also pretty affectionate around his family and friends but my friends say that that doesn't hold much weight these days, men will introduce anyone to his family, that it's just game and to keep my eyes open. He also invited me to another family event but I wasn't able to make it. I truly wonder what does this all mean.

I have asked him how he felt about me and he said that he is interested in me and he wants to see how far this may go, but for some reason I find it hard to believe. Maybe it's from the past failed dating scenarios/relationships, maybe it's fear. I don't know.
You are giving your friends WAY too much power over your thoughts. Why bother going out with someone if you are going to listen to what others say? At the end of the day it's about you and him....no one else.

You've asked him how he feels about you and he gave you his answer and yet you are still questioning his motives. Get a grip and give the guy a chance ..............or do you enjoy being a party to failed relationships? Who knows, some women enjoy bringing unnecessary drama and suspicions into the mix.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM

153 posts, read 237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I wouldn`t worry to much about the meaning behind it. Just take it one day at a time, and have fun!
Agree with that

Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,244,892 times
Hey, at least you know you're the kind of girl a guy would take home to Mother.

I second what others have said about just enjoying things.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,649,754 times
Spend all your time reading into it and it may pass you by.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,970,145 times
Just stop over-analyzing and enjoy.

Men don't generally take someone home to meet the parents/relatives unless they are pleased and proud of the relationship. It doesn't mean you are on the road to happily ever after but it's a step!

Old 05-03-2010, 04:08 PM

943 posts, read 3,330,324 times
Thanks for the great advice. No he hasn't met any of my family yet but I will make that happen soon. He is close friends with a male friend of mine who gave rave reviews about me, lol.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:27 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:

Okay. I'm just going to tell you this. Stop analyzing everything. If he took you to meet his family, it means something. It may not mean that he's about to propose, but it sure means that he's comfortable enough with you to meet his family and, quite possibly, get their opinion about you.

But parsing this is just tedious. Make it stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships