Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:14 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I'm still not understanding, from this thread or the one posted above, what exactly she did to be deemed "psycho". Need more details.
Radically different behavior from one minute to the next. It seems to be directed at single men in general (not just me). And you know what? That's fine! I don't care if she has issues with men, I just wish she had revealed that before expressing interest in me instead of after

Quote:
Something must have turned her off. There has to be something.
Yeah, if that's the case I'd like to know what it is so I can work on it. But since I haven't ever had another girl switch like this on me before I'm guessing it's probably not anything I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
Dude assume u were flying an F-18 and came crashing ..count your blessings and move on ..although there may be a number of reasons to call someone a ''psycho'' and she might have some reasons too for turning her back on you .. but ofcourse u cant hold on to it .. so why fret ?.. been there done that ! .. by confronting her u'll make matters worse ..anyways she's all that you think she is .. Can u forcibly ask her why did she do this ? .. can u ? .. let bygones be bygones and instead of whining ..look for better avenues to vent your angst man .. chill

Last edited by Norm24x7; 05-04-2010 at 07:39 AM..

Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Dude assume u were flying an F-18 and came crash landing ..count your blessings and move on ..although there may be a number of reasons to call someone a ''psycho'' and she might have some reasons too for turning her back on you .. but ofcourse u cant hold on to it .. so why fret ?.. been there done that ! .. by confronting her u'll make matters worse ..anyways she's all that you think she is .. Can u forcibly ask her why did she do this ? .. can u ? .. let bygones be bygones and instead of whining ..look for better avenues to vent your angst man .. chill

If anybody is coming across as "psycho", it's the OP. Definitely focusing way too much on this speed bump.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:42 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Ah yes, there will always be the guys who think a girl is psycho when the dominoes don't fall according to plan.

Ever thought that maybe she's just not that into you anymore? It happens!

FYI, since relationships between 2 people involve - wait for it. . . 2 people, you are always involved and thus cannot shove the blame entirely on her. Cause and effect.

And apparently you do care to a certain extent if you're informing everyone on a public forum about the recent development. . .

Old 05-04-2010, 08:05 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Stop dating people's babies and you may find someone who is direct. If you can handle that.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
1. The one about Plaza Athénée was a joke meant to highlight a possible way to identify gold-diggers.
Oh, I know it was a joke -- but again, someone who tells a joke like that is probably (1) trying to impress dates with his wealth and status while (2) refusing to disclose what he does for a living ostensibly for fear that his dates might become interested in him for his wealth and status. From personal experience, I know that older men dating younger women have a tendency to behave this way.

Quote:
2. Since she has turned out to be psycho, I'm glad she is turned off by me. She's not psycho because she's turned off by me.
Nothing you said about her, in that thread or here, indicates that she is a "psycho". The only thing she did was change her attitude towards you. That alone does not make her a "psycho". Perhaps you just mistake friendliness for romantic interest -- and therefore the only way to make you stop making passes at her was to stop being friendly. That is something I also encountered in my personal experience.

Quote:
3. What makes you think I drop hints about how 'rich I supposedly am' or that I keep my occupation a secret? Oh is it because I haven't posted it in my profile here?
No, it's because you brag about how you don't tell your girlfriends for months about what you do, and that you would dump a girlfriend the moment she asked. At the same time, I have no doubt that you make comments of the "Plaza Athénée" variety to them, so that would be hints about your wealth and status. As a forum user, I really don't care what anyone does for a living, except when they share professional experience or anecdotes. But in dating, a man who is inexplicably secretive about his occupation, but hints at being rich, would be a big turnoff.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:02 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Ah yes, there will always be the guys who think a girl is psycho when the dominoes don't fall according to plan.

Ever thought that maybe she's just not that into you anymore? It happens!

FYI, since relationships between 2 people involve - wait for it. . . 2 people, you are always involved and thus cannot shove the blame entirely on her. Cause and effect.

And apparently you do care to a certain extent if you're informing everyone on a public forum about the recent development. . .
Absolutely. She probably got turned off by something and doesn't have the grace to tell him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
No, it's because you brag about how you don't tell your girlfriends for months about what you do, and that you would dump a girlfriend the moment she asked. At the same time, I have no doubt that you make comments of the "Plaza Athénée" variety to them, so that would be hints about your wealth and status. As a forum user, I really don't care what anyone does for a living, except when they share professional experience or anecdotes. But in dating, a man who is inexplicably secretive about his occupation, but hints at being rich, would be a big turnoff.
Where I live, that could only mean one thing: The Mob.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Or check from mommy richy rich.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Where I live, that could only mean one thing: The Mob.
... or a fake.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
This is a follow up to my last post about the 25 year old girl who seemed to be the nicest person I'd ever met a couple of months ago.

So it's been a few days and I've gotten over the total shock at her behavior last week. I've had a bit of time to reflect and look at things objectively and I've come to the conclusion that she's insane I don't know what specific personality disorder fits the bill, but she is a radically different person from the one I met and was interested in as recently as the middle of March.

For the record she's gone from going way out of her way to be with me and rubbing up on me, to trying her best not to be in the same room when we're all together with friends.

Before anyone asks, of course I wondered if I said or did something to freak her out. Besides the fact that nothing like this has happened to me before, I certainly can't think of anything that could possibly explain a complete 180 in her behavior. But just to be sure I talked to one of her closest friends and she assured me not to take it personally, apparently she has some huge issues with men in general.

Wish I'd known that a little sooner

All I can say is thank god that train wreck veered away from me at the last second
She's probably in the middle of some menstrual cycle problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships