Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:31 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,205,665 times

Advertisements

I am not into it but I know some are. After I saw a show on Discovery about the folks that put those horns and lumps under their skin, that skeebed me out pretty bad. Now, that is NASTY!! Oh, and the people who get their tongues cut like a reptile is just gross. Have you seen these guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 06:03 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,601,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Aprea View Post
id like to get a skeleton tattoo on my upper back between my shoulder blades.

and a piercing downstairs
To each their own....

Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,544,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
I would certainly appreciate it if the men on this board (lady lambs can answer too) could explain why body art on females is undesirable by some men.

A few years ago on Match.com, I would see ads by men stating "no body art, no piercings..." I can understand the no piercings request (I take it they were not talking about pierced ears) as piercings can be above the skin and can get caught in clothing, or be taken to the extremes, or cause hygiene issues, etc., but the "no body art" request puzzles me.

Scenario: A guy is walking on a beach and a young lady in a bikini (36-24-36) with a lovely face is walking towards him. He smiles at her; she smiles back. When she passes him, he turns and watches her walk away from behind, as men are wont to do, and then he spots a one inch butterfly tattoo below her shoulder blade. Would the guy then be disgusted because she had a butterfly tattoo below her shoulder blade?

I don't understand the negative attitude. Can someone please explain? I would certainly appreciate some insight.

Thank you.

PS: I can understand a guy preferring not to date someone who is tatooed from head to toe, but I don't understand what is wrong with a small lady bug, or fairy, something like that.
If you're a student of architecture, and you get to see a building by an architect you admire, you don't want to see graffitti splashed all over it.

If you're a builder, or if you live in a home, you don't want to see graffitti splashed all over it.

Tattoos are like graffitti--even if some of it is very artistic, it still lessens the value of the building it is DEFACING.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,140,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
I would certainly appreciate it if the men on this board (lady lambs can answer too) could explain why body art on females is undesirable by some men.

A few years ago on Match.com, I would see ads by men stating "no body art, no piercings..." I can understand the no piercings request (I take it they were not talking about pierced ears) as piercings can be above the skin and can get caught in clothing, or be taken to the extremes, or cause hygiene issues, etc., but the "no body art" request puzzles me.

Scenario: A guy is walking on a beach and a young lady in a bikini (36-24-36) with a lovely face is walking towards him. He smiles at her; she smiles back. When she passes him, he turns and watches her walk away from behind, as men are wont to do, and then he spots a one inch butterfly tattoo below her shoulder blade. Would the guy then be disgusted because she had a butterfly tattoo below her shoulder blade?

I don't understand the negative attitude. Can someone please explain? I would certainly appreciate some insight.

Thank you.

PS: I can understand a guy preferring not to date someone who is tatooed from head to toe, but I don't understand what is wrong with a small lady bug, or fairy, something like that.

Whatever....I have a tattoo (small one) and I think it's hot.....I do want one or two more (small ones)......serioulsy...if a guy is going to judge you by a little tattoo you have......eww, who wants a guy like that anyway? If you like it, that's all that matters. Unless your married....then, might be a good idea to consider your SO's opinion

Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
Personally, I like girls without any extra art or features. I guess I just find girls that are more "natural" are more atrative than girls with body art, weird peircings, or plastic sugery....but that's just my personal taste
I bet a lot of you guys who prefer "natural" girls have no problem whatsoever with girls who wear a lot of makeup...

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with a tasteful (small) tattoo that is beautiful or meaningful on a man or a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you're a student of architecture, and you get to see a building by an architect you admire, you don't want to see graffitti splashed all over it.

If you're a builder, or if you live in a home, you don't want to see graffitti splashed all over it.

Tattoos are like graffitti--even if some of it is very artistic, it still lessens the value of the building it is DEFACING.
Buildings are objects that are owned as property by people - are you saying you see a woman as an object who is owned by a different person? Your metaphor is pretty off. If a woman (or a man) wants to get a tattoo, that's their choice, isn't it?

Just because you don't like it personally doesn't mean you should condemn it.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:55 PM

358 posts, read 979,517 times
Eh, generally speaking, I'm not a fan of tattoos on women. It just makes them look trashy, I think.

I guess there are some rare cases where it's tasteful, but generally speaking, I think it's trashy and unattractive.

As far as piercings go, I think it's hot when a girl has more than just her ear lobes pierced, like when it's on the side and upper parts of the ear.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:06 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,872,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I am not into it but I know some are. After I saw a show on Discovery about the folks that put those horns and lumps under their skin, that skeebed me out pretty bad. Now, that is NASTY!! Oh, and the people who get their tongues cut like a reptile is just gross. Have you seen these guys?
I just wonder what those people do for a living after that. Or are they just tattoo artists gone wild?

Do they ever wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and scare themselves?

Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,305,754 times
everyone's got their own opinion about it, I think it should be done tastefully..if the artwork is bad, it doesn't matter where it is, on a body or on a wall...

Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,544,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanang View Post
I bet a lot of you guys who prefer "natural" girls have no problem whatsoever with girls who wear a lot of makeup...

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with a tasteful (small) tattoo that is beautiful or meaningful on a man or a woman.

Buildings are objects that are owned as property by people - are you saying you see a woman as an object who is owned by a different person? Your metaphor is pretty off. If a woman (or a man) wants to get a tattoo, that's their choice, isn't it?

Just because you don't like it personally doesn't mean you should condemn it.
Everyone makes choices. You can CHOOSE to smoke pot. And I accept that you make that choice. But I don't have to agree with it or associate with you if you do.

EDIT: By the way, I prefer women who don't wear makeup.

Last edited by TKramar; 09-27-2009 at 05:33 AM..

Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,291,427 times
When I was younger I couldn't wait to turn 18 to get a tattoo. Not very many people had them at the time. But I kept putting it off because I couldn't decide on a design that I was sure I would want to have for the rest of my life. Well, I talked to my friend about it, and she convinced me not to get them. She basically said what a lot of people are saying on here - that a woman's body is naturally beautiful, and getting a tattoo is defacing it. I think that if a woman has a small tattoo, its fine. But I don't think big tattoos are appealing at all. I think its a matter of preference. Some people think plastic boobs are sexy, I find them repulsive.

That being said, tattoos don't look as bad on men. On the right man, it can even be a turn on. But maybe its because tattoos generally make a person look "tougher" and that's generally not a good characteristic associated with women.

I do understand the desire to have a tattoo though. At times the thought still crosses my mind. I think it comes from a desire to make your body more of your own in a way. To claim it and create something on it that reflects who you are. Instead of getting a tattoo I have decided to create more art work. They may not be something that is permanently etched on my skin, but they reflect who I am, and I think that's really what tattoos are all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships