Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 06:31 PM

307 posts, read 313,178 times

Advertisements

I'm posting about the guy i'v been friends with for five plus years (see previous threads for more info).
We have been in contact for that long.. on and off..even when we lost touch we would always end up gettin back in contact with each other..but this time I'm not sure if i'll ever hear from him again.

He's liked me for all these years but its never gotten to the next stage mostly because of me I guess, i've been shy and reserved about it all. He's been pretty clear about how he feels about me and what he wanted from me for a long time. He would compliment me all the time, he would flirt, he would express his emotions in quite an intense way sometimes and tell me he misses me and is always depressed over me, how he can't stop thinking about me at night..how he could see us getting together and being in a relationship and eventually getting married. I suppose he has been quite direct with me for years, I just never expressed myself the way I should have, i'd just keep it all in or laugh things off or avoid him and just act far too quiet.

He's always said im special and acted like im the one he wants above anyone else and that i'm different to other girls/women. He's had other people interested in him but he's never acted upon it and always come back to me .
He would randomy mention marriage to me..and indirectly ask me to think about these things, maybe i'm the one he could see his future with for all this many years.

Most recently or what I posted about in the last thread was how he disappeared for nine months and came back last year in december. He contacted me from a random number and said he missed me a lot and he apologised and said he really did have a rough time and he lost contact with everyone. He wanted to explain to me what had happened and wanted to take me out to dinner..right at the start I didn't want to welcome him back with open arms :/ after nearly a year with no contact and i was just being my usual self. He kept saying sorry and he realised he should have contacted me in those nine months and he kept saying he knows he messed up and that im special etc, eventually I was like ok its fine im sorry for being difficult with you. Following this he asked me out in different ways ..and he just said he really really wants to see me ..i did agree but then nothing ever came of it.. in four months :/..so from when he came back in december to end of march, and what happened right about the end of march was something I never thought would happen in a million years.

He started becoming distant after coming on really strong and wanting to meet me between december and february i'd say. after that.like he wouldnt call or text me anymore..and I was wondering what had happened to him. I assumed it was because of us not meetin up and me taking my time about it, so I tried to message him a couple of times about meetin and he said yes thats fine but he didnt follow through with it or didnt seem particularly enthusiastic.
The week leading up to the end of march I started to get annoyed with him for not replying to my txts or calling.. but then when he eventually did I ignored him, and then texted him something i'll probably regret for the rest of my life. i only said it to get a reaction out of him and to see where his head was at i didnt mean it.
I said "I can't be bothered anymore..this whole thing is a joke". He replied and said " you're right this whole thing is a joke.. Goodbye".
I was thinking he didn't mean it and he just texted it after my joke comment, after all we've been friends for five years..would I really think he meant goodbye?

Next day which was the 31st march... he called me up in the evening..and I was thinking everything was ok even after his goodbye text and he was calling to have a normal conversation with me. He said hi and how are you and what you doing like normal, and I said I was just catching up on some tv series. Next thing I know hes like "I didn't want to just text you a goodbye, we've known each other for this long i thought I would call you". I was too shocked to even speak, i literally had no idea how to react or what to say.. I just ended up saying "whats the point". He said "what do you mean what the point". He said "i'm not going to lie I did like you and I did want to get to know you better, but I think we are from two different worlds and i'm sure you'l make someone very happy some day".
He then continued and said "is there anything you want to say". I said "its kool if thats what you want". But to be honest I was far too surprised to be able to speak or express what I was thinking at that moment. But I suppose thats how I ALWAYS am with him so to be expected.

In hindsight I should have told him more or said more..like where on earth has this all come from but I didnt. I did try to call him the next day but his number had changed. ..

Two months later and i'm stilll like wth happened.

He thought I was "special"..basically always made out like i was the "one" for him and how much he cared about me and would always bring up marriage.and how he could see me as his future wife..Why would he then say goodbye forever So suddenlyl and change his number so suddenly.

In my opinion its a mistake, and i really dont think he should have let me go like that if he felt the way he did ..Like i just cannot see how he can forget about me and feel the same way he felt about me towards another person.:dispirited::dispirited:

I can't call him anymore, I dont kno what to do now yet I know for a fact that I need him back in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
I did try to call him the next day but his number had changed. ..

Two months later and i'm stilll like wth happened.
What happened is that he said goodbye... and reinforced that by changing his number so that you cannot contact him.
Move on.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:52 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
He changed his number. He didn't contact you.
He is not coming back.
Nope. Move on.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 PM

38 posts, read 45,226 times
You treated him very coldly. Why in the world should he let you continue?? Thankfully, it sounds like he has wised up.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:04 PM

I didnt mean to treat him coldly, I dont think cold is the right word. I think it was more like a friend though more than someone I like :/
But it wasn't my intention im just really shy when it comes to relationship stuff.

He sounded cold in his last phone call..he was making jokes like it was nothing..and then said well thats it bye, as if he didn't care about me and think i was special for the last five years. talk about contradictory.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:14 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
You really don't need to be with a guy who just disappears whenever. He wasn't right for you, even if he used the M-word. That's why you're so freaked out. Just let it go as a long, drawn out mismatch.

Find a better guy.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM

279 posts, read 356,513 times
Time to forget him, and move on. There's plenty of fish in sea....

Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You really don't need to be with a guy who just disappears whenever. He wasn't right for you, even if he used the M-word. That's why you're so freaked out. Just let it go as a long, drawn out mismatch.

Find a better guy.
The problem is..he only changed his number once in five years and that was when he had something really bad going on in his life..which i empathised with..and he lost contact with everyone wasnt just me.

The rest of the time he was telling me he wants me and he wants a relationship with me and im special and treating me like the love of his life basically. Whereas I didnt give him much to go on :/.

I just know how he felt about me but I didnt reciprocate as much as i should have..and now im like omg i should have..and that he is the best guy iv known.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 PM

38 posts, read 45,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
Next thing I know hes like "I didn't want to just text you a goodbye, we've known each other for this long i thought I would call you". I was too shocked to even speak, i literally had no idea how to react or what to say.. I just ended up saying "whats the point". He said "what do you mean what the point". He said "i'm not going to lie I did like you and I did want to get to know you better, but I think we are from two different worlds and i'm sure you'l make someone very happy some day".
He then continued and said "is there anything you want to say". I said "its kool if thats what you want".
This is very cold behavior. ^^ He was practically begging you to show that you cared about him in some way.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycat25912 View Post
Time to forget him, and move on. There's plenty of fish in sea....
iv tried trust me..I just find a fault in everyone else.
I dont want to move on..i wish he would come back around for real
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships