Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 04:43 AM

530 posts, read 902,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I refuse to get involved with a woman that:

-Wears heels-sorry ladies, I equate wearing heels as being ho'ish. Who are you trying to impress?
-Is too strong for her own good
-Has a child or two
-goes to clubs
-doesn't like old-school soul/R&B
-has tattoos
-is not into volunteering/giving back to the community
-did not grow up in the inner-city, therefore has no idea about the 'hood
-listens to rap. I just don't find females who listen to rap to be very ladylike.
-asks me what I do for a living, when will lead into how much money I make a year, month, bi-weekly or weekly.
-Uses ghetto vernacular such as "girl" "chile" "ace boon coon"
-has more guy friends than girl friends-I understand women can be low-down heifers but surely you can find some decent female friends to hang with. You can kick it with the fellas but also learn how to be with a select few women that you have gotten to know over time.
-Opinionated-I'm opinionated to a large degree but I also know when to remain silent. You can't always say what you feel because you'll end up looking like a clown
-Can't cook-If you can't cook, I'm not checking for you. PERIOD.

Umm---ace boon coon? Please tell me people don't still say that. II must admit that is one of my " rub me wrongs," but I have dated people who used old slang, but the key word is dated,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower2006 View Post
You are so funny. I am sure a good number of women could fall in one of the three categories (well maybe not the third one). But I heard a guy once on Jerry Springer who had just found out his gf was actually a guy and he was screaming "I don't even know who you is" and Jerry kept saying "are" but the bloke didn't take notice.

This thread is cracking me up. I have a male friend who always says leaves the s off of friends when he is speaking. Its as if the s gets lost. He also says obsessively, " I got a chance to do this or I got a chance to do that." It could be going to the store and he'll say, I gotta chance to go to the store. In my head I am screaming!! Then I remember and snap back, he is only a friend & really through association.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Oh, I thought of an odd thing I had when I was young, BUT I have out grown it with age. I COULD NOT STAND IT IF A GUY CROSSED HIS LEGS. That was an immediate 911 -- I'M OUT! I just couldn't do it. Same for a man with his hands on his hips. Like another old Seinfiel episode, once they did that I didn't hear anything else they said. It was like all I could hear was crossed legs, crossed legs, crossed legs, hands on hips, hands on hips, hands on hips.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:33 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I was having a discussion with some friends today about this. Of course, there are many things that raise a red flag in the majority of people's minds when it comes to dating; but there are other things that are based on our own individual dislikes. So, give a reason you'd turn somebody down that might seem unusual to others.

I personally don't like dating women who like mayonnaise. I dislike everything about it. The look, the smell, the taste, everything. To many, this would seem rather petty, but it's something I can't ignore. Just thinking about being with (or even worse, kissing) someone who loves mayonnaise is enough to make my stomach turn.

Ok, your turn.
Hilarious Haaziq! I also loathe mayonnaise. I find that sour cream is a worse offender though.

Though I'm married, if I were single I wouldn't date a man who listened to country music. Or rap. Or didn't enjoy reading.

I never dated religious men, either. Big turn-off to me.

I had a friend who stopped dating a girl because he thought her earlobes were too big.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:23 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
If they didn't like football. I don't know why that is so important to me, but it is.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:16 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,978 times
How about someone who is a bad driver? (agressive, speeder, etc) I still remember a date I had where we went to a baseball game. The drive there consisted of him going fast and weaving in and out of traffic. The *red flag* was when I said something about it, he continued to drive the same way. END of that brief relationship, thank you very much.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:19 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Any man who remotely reminds me of any men in my family are off limits for dating purposes. Oh and if a guys behind looks like a woman's ... no way.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I can't date people who don't read. I have a hard time being friends with people who don't read.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:47 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Oooh -- don't know if this has been mentioned yet... but I wouldn't date anyone with those revolting tribal-earlobe-hoop thingies in their ears. I don't care if the girl is a perfect 10 everywhere else, those will put her right back down to 1 in my book.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,189 times
I don´t know how I ended up here but from what I´ve read so far there is a great deal of prejudice in this thread. REMEMBER:
Attraction isn’t a logical process.
Attraction isn’t decided.
Attraction isn’t a choice.
Conclusion: If you have the Attraction going on, **** the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships