Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,615,796 times

Advertisements

I would not date someone who thinks they are a "ladies man."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 10:30 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,749,212 times
I could never again date a man who doesn't know how to give at least an occasional compliment. It makes me feel like there's something really important missing.

And I love mayo.

And Drummer, I'm curious. I really don't care for sports at all, but I loved Field of Dreams and Rudy and Remember the Titans. Would you have stayed with that gf if she had liked the movie but not the sport?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:51 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,094,508 times
I would not date a woman that couldn't carry a tune, couldn't dance, or had no rhythm. And if she liked rap music, hip hop music or wanted to watch every ball game that came along it would be a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't date anyone that smoked or drank too much alcohol, or was into drugs. I wouldn't date a woman that had children living in the home or leaned too far left or right in politics, had too many tattoo's or piercings, and didn't know how to dress. Yeah, I know, I'm too damn picky.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 PM

494 posts, read 888,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I was having a discussion with some friends today about this. Of course, there are many things that raise a red flag in the majority of people's minds when it comes to dating; but there are other things that are based on our own individual dislikes. So, give a reason you'd turn somebody down that might seem unusual to others.

I personally don't like dating women who like mayonnaise. I dislike everything about it. The look, the smell, the taste, everything. To many, this would seem rather petty, but it's something I can't ignore. Just thinking about being with (or even worse, kissing) someone who loves mayonnaise is enough to make my stomach turn.

Ok, your turn.
Submissive men annoy the hell out of me.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 PM

519 posts, read 1,047,615 times
If I ever became single again (heaven forbid)

I could and would never date a man with long hair and/or a man who was fussy with his food.

There is something extremely unmanly about a man who is a finicky eater.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,234,043 times
Quote:
I was having a discussion with some friends today about this. Of course, there are many things that raise a red flag in the majority of people's minds when it comes to dating; but there are other things that are based on our own individual dislikes. So, give a reason you'd turn somebody down that might seem unusual to others.

I personally don't like dating women who like mayonnaise. I dislike everything about it. The look, the smell, the taste, everything. To many, this would seem rather petty, but it's something I can't ignore. Just thinking about being with (or even worse, kissing) someone who loves mayonnaise is enough to make my stomach turn.

Ok, your turn.
If she doesn't have a sense of humor, she doesn't have Rugged!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,513,665 times
I refuse to date a man who menstruates.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:58 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,513,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
If I ever became single again (heaven forbid)

I could and would never date a man with long hair and/or a man who was fussy with his food.

There is something extremely unmanly about a man who is a finicky eater.
I agree with this, though I would never have thought about it beforehand. Poor table manners are up there as well. Nothing sexy about seeing a half-masticated cow in my date's mouth.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:14 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,261,758 times
Character flaw: As soon as I detect an irresponsible leech, he's history.

Personality flaw: Liars and argumentative know-it-alls.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,889,502 times
Quote:
Odd reasons you wouldn't date someone.
I would not date any woman who:

... for any reason at any time would wear a cowboy hat.
... says "Woooooooo Paaaaaartaaaaaay!! Woooooooo"
... has a crooked eye. You know, the ones where you dont know if they are looking at you or someone 15 feet to your right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships