Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:28 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
That's how my family was as well, before we came to America. When I tell many women this they seem to get the impression that my father did nothing all day but sit up and be lazy. For the most part, he did not come home until I was asleep. My mother took great pride in her cooking and I could use one of her meals right now. But when we came here she worked and we were not as close as family, but in America things are different, and I am cool with that aspect.

Also being from the Latin American/Caribbean region, you do not see men run around on their wives as much as they used to. The current group of women and my parents generation do not stand for it as nearly as much as they used to, I have no problem with that. The last generation it was common was my grandparents, which is why I have family in so many damn countries

Old 05-09-2010, 06:33 PM

202 posts, read 484,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
The courts in this country are biased in favor of married people who have no career, no education, and no marketable skills, AND whose spouses are far superior to them in terms of income and earning potential. Such people are overwhelmingly women. A woman with a six-figure salary will have a very tough time in court, arguing that she is a "poor down trodden wife that can't support herself". But for a career housewife, the chances are a lot better. This doesn't mean it's right. After all, we live in a society where women enjoy educational and employment opportunities on par with men, and thus the helplessness of some of our number is the result of a choice rather than societal pressure. But, I guess as far as legislatures are concerned, it's better for the ex-husband to foot the bill than the taxpayers.

In any event, men who deliberately seek out a "traditional" wife -- one who stays at home cooking and cleaning -- knowingly undertake the risk of paying gargantuan alimony when it's all over; since, duh, a "traditional" wife will be one who won't be able to support herself should the marriage end. It is curious to me then, that some of the men who got burned in this matter once already, still hanker after a "traditional" wife, except this time from abroad (as if a foreigner can't figure out how things work after she's been here a while). They still denigrate "career women" and scoff at wives who pursue high incomes and professional accomplishments, not reflecting on the irony of the situation -- that they married a "proper" woman once already, and it got them into a mess, and now they want to do it again. The truth is, if a man wants to avoid the danger of having to pay alimony, he should marry a woman who is clearly self-supporting and ambitious. Chances are good that if there is a divorce, she'll end up paying him alimony.

And what about you guys? How many of you look "perfect" after you marry? Does your uncle look perfect, Chris? Do you not grow beer guts and lose your hair? Do you not get wrinkles and hair in your ears? How would men in their 40's and 50's feel if they were expected to lose 50 lbs, get hair transplants and display flawless skin? AND make all that look effortless too? (Since, while women are expected to turn themselves inside out to look 23 when they are double that age, they are also ridiculed or criticized if any effort is apparent.) How many of you put family before work and play? How many of you love doing chores? How many of you never spend money on ridiculous gadgets and toys with little or no practical value? I think before you criticize women for being demanding, you should think about what you are bringing to the table.

I dont drink. Perhaps a wine cooler on special occassions. However, I will stand up with a glass of bubbly and toast this poster for this awesome, hit the nail SQUARE on the head, post. Here, here!!

Old 05-09-2010, 06:36 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Braunwyn, millions of women are perfectly happy in other countries (even this one) being house wives. Furthermore, millions of men in other countries (including this one) fully respect, and appreciate, their house wives and are far from the male chauvinist pig that you constantly portray these men out to be.
I have no doubt some women are happy having nothing -- no property, no desires, no aspirations, no clothes, no hobbies, and no personhood; existing only to enable and service others, living vicariously through their husbands and sons. Furthermore, I am sure some men fully respect and appreciate women who completely erase themselves for their sake. That, however, doesn't mean that merely wanting to enjoy the same freedoms as men makes women "too demanding". If anything, it's those paunchy, balding, unaccomplished men who whine for perfect-looking wives that strike me as too demanding.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Quote:
I have no doubt some women are happy having nothing -- no property, no desires, no aspirations, no clothes, no hobbies, and no personhood; existing only to enable and service others, living vicariously through their husbands and sons.
Your mother must be so proud that you hate women who raise their own children.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Your mother must be so proud that you hate women who raise their own children.
Let's leave mothers out of it, shall we? Incidentally, though, my mother raised me, and educated me, AND had a career. She was not my father's servant, a subordinate, or an accessory. Nor anyone else's. The mothers who do need pitying are those who have raised men who hate women and pine for women's subjugation.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Braunwyn, millions of women are perfectly happy in other countries (even this one) being house wives. Furthermore, millions of men in other countries (including this one) fully respect, and appreciate, their house wives and are far from the male chauvinist pig that you constantly portray these men out to be.
This is not about being a housewife. If any of us won the lottery tomorrow it's likely most of us would quit our jobs, focus on the home, our family, and hobbies. And I don't buy for one second that their is loving respect in nations that restrict liberties. Either way, the men that espouse this cr*p on this forum are chauvinistic pigs. Of that I have no doubt. I find the goal to control others to be pathetic. Such a person is of the lowest common denominator. I say they should get up and off their lazy arses, learn how to cook and learn how to take care of their brood. The fact that any have the gall to demand subjugation is appalling.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
You just want to be the boss....good luck finding a woman to go along with that plan.
Whether you or anyone wants to admit it or not, there will be times where a leadership role is needed. No one wants a mate that's going to constantly challenge them on everything. You can be submissive, yet still have your own mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
lol People that need to control and lead people around, all the while having their heads wedged up their back orifice, are not going to garner a woman that has dreams and ambition. People with dreams, ambition, drive, etc (ya know, the movers in their own lives) are individuals; grown adults, that are fully capable of making appropriate decisions and conducting their lives with integrity. If you want to lead somebody around in circles it's going to have to be a stepford. I don't see any way around that. I'd wish you luck, but it would be pointless.
From this standpoint, there would be no hierarchy in business, government or any other entity because everyone would be too busy making their own decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
How in the world are you going to know what benefits the dreams of another? Do you plan on taking up residence in somebody's brain? It takes years and years to really get to know our partners. People are quite complex. Why not trust your partner to know what's best for her, to appropriately compromise and contribute to the relationship as she see's fit? Obviously, you want her to trust you, but you are incapable of doing so yourself. swmrbird is correct. It doesn't add up.
She may be looking at the relationship from one aspect, whereas I could be seeing the bigger picture so that's why it's important for me to step in from time to time.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:12 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Quote:
Let's leave mothers out of it, shall we? Incidentally, though, my mother raised me, and educated me, AND had a career. She was not my father's servant, a subordinate, or an accessory. Nor anyone else's. The mothers who do need pitying are those who have raised men who hate women and pine for women's subjugation.
Everyone serves someone.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I have no doubt some women are happy having nothing -- no property, no desires, no aspirations, no clothes, no hobbies, and no personhood; existing only to enable and service others, living vicariously through their husbands and sons. Furthermore, I am sure some men fully respect and appreciate women who completely erase themselves for their sake. That, however, doesn't mean that merely wanting to enjoy the same freedoms as men makes women "too demanding". If anything, it's those paunchy, balding, unaccomplished men who whine for perfect-looking wives that strike me as too demanding.
Exactly. It blows my mind that any of them are under the complete asinine impression that they are owed and entitled. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
From this standpoint, there would be no hierarchy in business, government or any other entity because everyone would be too busy making their own decisions.
Why do you think you are entitled to lead anybody? Because of the tootsie roll in your pants? Sorry, that just doesn't fly. You are not the government. You are not a president, a CEO, a god, etc. If you want to rule somebody then expect the cost to come as caliber in the person your rule.

Quote:
She may be looking at the relationship from one aspect, whereas I could be seeing the bigger picture so that's why it's important for me to step in from time to time.
Who is this she? The imaginary toon you have in your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships