Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

AADAD ....you are going to play? Oh yeah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:31 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
We need to clone you..
You R sweet.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Virgode and AAdad are going to hook up!!!! Whoooooooooooo!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Living in the moment has advantages. One does not necessarily see everything but sees enough. I am fortunate to have spent time with her when times were good and more fortunate to realize that that this forum contains many wonderful adults who care. That is a big win for me. Trust at some point requires a leap of faith and I took one when I asked for help. I got more than I ever thought that I would from your replyies and your intelligent thoughtfulness.

my hat's off to y'all. Advice Appreciated.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 PM

A final follow up to the people who helped. Her "coldness" came across more and more each time we chatted this past week. I thanked her for the time we spent together and let her know that I really enjoyed some of our adventures. She said that she was grateful to have met me....

A good learning; a door left partly open with a curtain and a new one somewhere opening yet to be discovered.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:17 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I recently began dating again. I am seeing a very bright woman. When we are together we have great times but frequently she makes comments which are designed to prompt me to say something or agree with her on an issue. Though I find her attractive she presses me to comment on her looks. She also tries to control activities and seems pressed or under pressure to get things done and I am just there as an activity. That is different from a friend who cares about me as an individual something I find easy to do for her.

I have had relationships where a woman tries to make the man fit into the spot she has defined and found that I am unhappy as being liked is the first step not fitting her expectations.

She keeps me at arms length in the rest of her life and I am growing weary of this as well. I go back and forth but when we do activities they are really great times.

Any advice appreciated =)
RUN LIKE HEX!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!

I am married to someone like this.

When you want to go out to do something she will make you feel awful for leaving her. She will complain about this and that.

You will be miserable.

When you are talking about someone else and the accomplishments they have made she will jump in and say stuff like..."LIKE ME?!!??"

You need to leave her man.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:30 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,210 times
Quote:
I recently began dating again. I am seeing a very bright woman. When we are together we have great times but frequently she makes comments which are designed to prompt me to say something or agree with her on an issue. Though I find her attractive she presses me to comment on her looks. She also tries to control activities and seems pressed or under pressure to get things done and I am just there as an activity. That is different from a friend who cares about me as an individual something I find easy to do for her.

I have had relationships where a woman tries to make the man fit into the spot she has defined and found that I am unhappy as being liked is the first step not fitting her expectations.

She keeps me at arms length in the rest of her life and I am growing weary of this as well. I go back and forth but when we do activities they are really great times.

Any advice appreciated =)
DUMP HER
find someone who isnt insecure..and someone who will truly care for you
you can do great things with someone who will appreciate you

Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,177 times
> I thanked her for the time we spent together and let her know that I really enjoyed some of our adventures. She said that she was grateful to have met me....

Nicely done, AADAD. You are a class act and a true gentleman. Too bad things didn't work out but now you are free to find a women who will appreciate all you have to offer. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 PM

She called on Friday and went all scary. It is no fun seeing another person's damage.....To bad. Patting myself on the back and thanking you good people for the ups.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
She called on Friday and went all scary. It is no fun seeing another person's damage.....To bad. Patting myself on the back and thanking you good people for the ups.
As they say you dodged a bullet...lil' psyhco huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships