Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Straight genders would you date a transexual?

Why is this only directed at straights? I'm gay and I wouldn't date one.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:58 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Straight genders would you date a transexual?

Why is this only directed at straights? I'm gay and I wouldn't date one.
I think it's only directed towards straight men because MtoF transexuals aren't appealing to most gay men simply because they resemble real women (or are supposed to) and not men. As a gay man, you not finding them attractive makes perfect sense because you're probably attracted to men that look like men and transexuals generally don't look like men.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 AM

181 posts, read 234,152 times
A family member is a in process mtf (male to female) transexual. He is dating a female. For him his attraction toward women has never changed. He just feels he was supposed to be born a female instead of a male.

Another family member that is now deceased was also a mtf transexual. He stayed with his wife during the entire transitioning until the day he died. My family members believed he was gay and had transitioned to be more accepted by society. This is completely wrong. He never had attractions toward men and did not transition to a woman so he could freely hold hands with a man. He transitioned because he believed he was a female that was born into a males body.

I think that transexuals are the hardest concept to grasp for most people. Even with a close family member that is a mtf it is hard for me to understand every aspect of his decision. It is easy to accept.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
A family member is a in process mtf (male to female) transexual. He is dating a female. For him his attraction toward women has never changed. He just feels he was supposed to be born a female instead of a male.

Another family member that is now deceased was also a mtf transexual. He stayed with his wife during the entire transitioning until the day he died. My family members believed he was gay and had transitioned to be more accepted by society. This is completely wrong. He never had attractions toward men and did not transition to a woman so he could freely hold hands with a man. He transitioned because he believed he was a female that was born into a males body.

I think that transexuals are the hardest concept to grasp for most people. Even with a close family member that is a mtf it is hard for me to understand every aspect of his decision. It is easy to accept.
If your family member is in process mtf and he is dating a female, does that make him gay? Was he attracted to females before the mtf process started? This isn't the easist thing to understand if you're not going through it yourself.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
If your family member is in process mtf and he is dating a female, does that make him gay? Was he attracted to females before the mtf process started? This isn't the easist thing to understand if you're not going through it yourself.

See that's one of the things I don't completely understand. He started dating a girl when he first came out. I know that she is bi. I know he is strictly into women. That has never changed and probably wont ever change. He is not completely out, only to his immediate family and me. So, the transformation has not started yet.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Guys joke about being a lesbian trapped in a man's body, but I suppose that actually happens for some people. So in appearance they'd seem straight (man's body, attracted to women) but mentally they feel they're supposed to be a woman who is attracted to other women.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:20 AM

494 posts, read 1,610,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
It's not hard to understand at all tbh once people realize that gender identity (male and female) and sexual identity or two different issues (Bi, straight, gay). That's why it's possible for a straight male to transition to a female and still like females. Of course from a society pov, we would think she was gay, but to her, her sexuality never really changed, just her gender did.

I also think part of why this confuses people is that TG people get lumped into the sexual identity community often. This is why I kinda cringe a little when I have to use LGBT and wish there was something else that would describe the community more abstractly, but I honestly can't think of anything

Last edited by southseeker; 11-04-2011 at 11:41 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Guys joke about being a lesbian trapped in a man's body, but I suppose that actually happens for some people. So in appearance they'd seem straight (man's body, attracted to women) but mentally they feel they're supposed to be a woman who is attracted to other women.

I agree. I think that is that is part of the reason why my mtf family member and I get along so well. (both lesbian)

Old 11-04-2011, 02:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Not at all. But I would accept them as a friend.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Going out with Chaz? No thanks. He does not currently have the full package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships