Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Even though I know she was born a man, there's a part of me that is still drawn to the artificial feminity she reeks of.
That's because males are visual, you're basically attracted to what amounts to a female "mirage".

I read a paper on an experiment with birds where the male of the species was artificially fitted with attachments (feathers or colorings) that were typical of the female of the species, and clustered with female birds, the male bird was mounted by other male birds who though it was a female bird.

Go figure.

This reinforces that males are visually oriented. Doesn't make them gay, or bi... makes them easily fooled and the sex drive overpowers the big brain and they think with the little brain.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
A lot of things in this world are bizarre. To this day, for all our advances, we are still not close to really understanding the human mind or how gender and sexuality work. Some people are just wired differently. It doesn't make them mentally ill. We should shut the F up and learn to tolerate differences rather than chastise people and try to force everyone to conform to what WE think is normal.
Your opinion. I'm not chastising anyone. But when you put pix of trannies on a public discussion forum, you've got to expect people with all kinds of different opinions to comment. And so I did.

Quote:
The way I see it, transsexuals and gay people aren't hurting anyone.
That is pretty much true.

Quote:
There's plenty of stuff going on in the world to get angry or upset about...this isn't worth losing sleep over.

I'm neither angry, upset, nor sleepless over these folks.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:15 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Your opinion. I'm not chastising anyone. But when you put pix of trannies on a public discussion forum, you've got to expect people with all kinds of different opinions to comment. And so I did.

That is pretty much true.

I'm neither angry, upset, nor sleepless over these folks.
I know I replied to your post, but I wasn't referring to you personally...rather those who are disgusted by transsexuals or those who say it's a mental disorder. Why not just live and let live? I just cannot fathom why these issues anger so many people. Same goes for gay people and anyone else who is different from the norm, but of no harm to you or I.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
I know I replied to your post, but I wasn't referring to you personally...rather those who are disgusted by transsexuals or those who say it's a mental disorder. Why not just live and let live? I just cannot fathom why these issues anger so many people. Same goes for gay people and anyone else who is different from the norm, but of no harm to you or I.

I don't give a crap what trannies do, they can do whatever they like.. but I do find it pretty disgusting.

People find a lot of things I do disgusting, least of my worries.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't give a crap what trannies do, they can do whatever they like.. but I do find it pretty disgusting.

People find a lot of things I do disgusting, least of my worries.
What's disgusting about it? Just curious. Is it because it challenges your notions of what a "man" and a "woman" should be, or are you afraid of what happened to Begbie in Trainspotting happening to you?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
That's because males are visual, you're basically attracted to what amounts to a female "mirage".

I read a paper on an experiment with birds where the male of the species was artificially fitted with attachments (feathers or colorings) that were typical of the female of the species, and clustered with female birds, the male bird was mounted by other male birds who though it was a female bird.

Go figure.

This reinforces that males are visually oriented. Doesn't make them gay, or bi... makes them easily fooled and the sex drive overpowers the big brain and they think with the little brain.
You are right. Some men will buy into the illusion and sometimes even go through with it, others will until they see her male parts.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
What's disgusting about it? Just curious. Is it because it challenges your notions of what a "man" and a "woman" should be, or are you afraid of what happened to Begbie in Trainspotting happening to you?
I guess there is an 'ickiness factor' to it, because people aren't used to it.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I guess there is an 'ickiness factor' to it, because people aren't used to it.
I guess it's also that some transsexuals are so convincing that many blokes subconsciously worry about having a Begbie experience.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
Hell to the no, I want a real man.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I guess it's also that some transsexuals are so convincing that many blokes subconsciously worry about having a Begbie experience.
I wouldn't be surprised, really. I think some straight guys wouldn't mind at least 'trying out' a post-op trannie, but would shy away from a relationship with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships